Digital River / Paid for software download but didnt get it

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I purchased student software from Microsoft through Digital River for $59 plus 6.95 for electronic downloading. There was an error downloading it. This problem started 10/3/08 and now it is 10/9/08 and I still haven't gotten my download or any help from Digital River. I have sent them emails once or twice daily and each reply is from a different person but the answer is always the same. It is a standard answer that makes so sense. I am being told to click on a link and when I do, I am asked for a password (which I never got).

Then you are told to click on an alternate link if you forgot your password so I click on this hoping they will send me another password. But now I am being asked for my university email address (which I don't have and I never had one).

Btw it's not needed, since I was given the download link without before. I have scanned all my receipts and registration from school to show that I qualified for this software and now I don't have it and no one cares.

There is no phone number for Digital River. No one ever addresses my questions, I don't think they read my emails, they just send the same reply over and over again.

I am now going to post a complaint on every board I can about this company. M3cents.com is next.

People - beware of Digital River. My next step is to write a complaint to my credit card company and if I have to write another one to Consumer Affairs then I will do that to. I have no idea if Microsoft is aware of how this company
Treats their customers. But I will try contacting them too.
Oct 9, 2008 @ 8 pm

Jo

Comments

Br
  31st of Mar, 2009

Yes, I think Microsoft is definately aware of how Digital River treats their customers. The Microsoft representative that I spoke to said he gets "alot of calls" regarding Digital River's lack of customer service. He gave me their phone number: 1-877-568-7061. I'm posting everywhere I can (because it's not online) and the only way you can contact them is via email (which they do NOT respond to). I also suggest that you file a complaint with the BBB. The form is an online form found at their website, and takes only a few minutes. https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THEM. These people are crooks, and won't stop unless they are forced to by someone other than their customers.