Digital River / Paid for software download but didnt get it
I purchased student software from Microsoft through Digital River for $59 plus 6.95 for electronic downloading. There was an error downloading it. This problem started 10/3/08 and now it is 10/9/08 and I still haven't gotten my download or any help from Digital River. I have sent them emails once or twice daily and each reply is from a different person but the answer is always the same. It is a standard answer that makes so sense. I am being told to click on a link and when I do, I am asked for a password (which I never got).
Then you are told to click on an alternate link if you forgot your password so I click on this hoping they will send me another password. But now I am being asked for my university email address (which I don't have and I never had one).
Btw it's not needed, since I was given the download link without before. I have scanned all my receipts and registration from school to show that I qualified for this software and now I don't have it and no one cares.
There is no phone number for Digital River. No one ever addresses my questions, I don't think they read my emails, they just send the same reply over and over again.
I am now going to post a complaint on every board I can about this company. M3cents.com is next.
People - beware of Digital River. My next step is to write a complaint to my credit card company and if I have to write another one to Consumer Affairs then I will do that to. I have no idea if Microsoft is aware of how this company
Treats their customers. But I will try contacting them too.
Oct 9, 2008 @ 8 pm
More Digital River Complaints & Reviews
- www.DRI*DigitalRiver.com - Fraudulent charges! 
- Digital River Luxembourg - Unauthorized charges 
- Dri*digitalriver.com - Scam 
- Dri*digitalriver.com - unauthorized charge 
- Digital River International Luxembourg - Unauthorized use of credit card 
- Digital River - unauthorized transaction
- Digital River - unauthorised credit card charges
- Digital River Ireland Ltd - money taken from my halifax account
- Digital River Ireland Ltd - unauthorized credit card charges
- Digital River Minnetonka - unauthorised credit card charge