DHL / This company is a joke!

This Company is a joke. They managed to provide a tracking number, then loose my item. Then they told me it was never picked up. Then they told me the pickup point was the same as the delivery address. I gave up in disgust. I will never deal with these people again. Recommend that DHL sent their management salary checks by DHL service then perhaps their lousy performance might be realized and fixed!

N  14th of Dec, 2006 by
How many times have you used DHL? One time? Many?

I ship and receive through UPS, FedEx and DHL. I've had issues with all three over the years. But I can't recommend one over the other. No one is perfect. But when it happens to you it's easy to get aggravated and angry. Be polite and expect the same from them. If you're screaming and stomping your foot from the first moment-- they should still try to be polite, but don't expect anyone to be extra helpful at the point.
A  19th of Dec, 2006 by
DHL has no real customer service and their employees are void of common sense! I was to receive a package so I kept an eye on the tracking number online. There it was, 'Recipient refused delivery' and no one had even rang my doorbell or knocked on my door! So I called customer service, WHAT A JOKE!!! It's their fault but I have to wait until someone decides to come back out to this area to get my delivery. It's their fault and I have to suffer the consequences. When I finally got to speak to a supervisor and told them that it was unacceptable, they started making excuses and putting the blame on everyone but themselves. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT USES DHL, never again!! So all of the businesses and companies out there, listen up, you better change delivery service to UPS or FEDEX or you will start losing business.
A  27th of Dec, 2006 by
I understand that there are shipping companies that have similar problems but the lack of resolve is what is angering to me. I have called multiple times just trying to find a package that I ordered and no one seems to know where it is or how to find it. Matter of factl, I have had 3 different people tell me 3 different things. It was shipped on Dec 19 and has still not been received yet and the tracking shows that it hasn't moved from it's last position on Dec 17. That the package is lost is not the issue to me, it's the total disregard for me as a customer that is angering. I just would like someone to be able to give me something concrete or at least tell me that they are working diligently on trying to track it down. I have gotten no reaction even remotely close to this. Receiving a response like "just wait, it will probably turn up", is not good enough for me. UPS would never make me wait like that, I've always shipped my own personal packages through them and the company I used to work for also shipped their packages through UPS. It's not that they lost it, it's that they refuse to help you through trying to take the next step, which I would regard as true "customer service".
A  29th of Dec, 2006 by
On 12/18/06 I delivered a package to Postal Connections here in Stayton, Oregon. It was a ($300)insured Christmas present to my daughter.

They chose to sent it by DHL ground shipping. To this date 12/28/06 my package has not been delivered. The delivery address was San Jose,CA.
My first delivery status search was placed into their Delivery Site. On 12/22/06 it is stated that my package had arrived in Fresno,CA.
Prior to reaching that destination it was sent to Chehalis, WA. How could this package possibly arrive on the DHL delivery date of 12/21/06 using this route? After many inquiries and replies (too many to place in this review)I still can not obtain information for delivery date. Contacting Customer Service simply allows more ambiguous replies. I have tried to obtain a telephone or email address to company headquarters. There is only their headquarters address which is American Headquarters
DHL Express
1200 South Pine Island Road
Suite 600
Plantation,FL 33324
All of my inquiries and replies have been to/from
It now appears that I have joined the ranks of those that have been cheated by this company. How can they be allowed to remain in business?
A  19th of Feb, 2007 by
I was supposed to receive 4 packages on 1/23, and today is 1/25, I still haven't got anything! I contact DHL 3 times, gave them my tracking #, and still no one know where my package is!!! First I talked to a person named Tanya; she said they must have the address label wrong, so she issued me a set of new tracking #.

The next day I called and they said the package will be arrived at 2-5pm, which didn’t. So I talked to another person named Debra, she said she can't track the packages but will found out what happened and will give me a call back later, which didn't. So today I try to contact them again because it's 6 pm and still don't have my packages. Someone name Ericka answered the phone with the worst attitude in the world, and saying that I should keep waiting and see what happen next week!!! I am now still waiting for my packages, and don’t know what to do!!! What kind of service is that?

*update* Today is 1/30 and I still don't have my package. Called DHL, they still don't know where is the package, have to contact the shipper (online store) to credit back on my account!!!
A  18th of Dec, 2007 by
DHL, whatever country they are in, has always been notoriously giving poor, if not the worst, service. I WILL NEVER GET THE SERVICE OF DHL. I already told all my relatives not to be duped by using DHL.
A  23rd of Jul, 2008 by
I purchased a laptop from Dell and it was delivered to me 3 days late, and then today the laptop shows up broken! Dell is sending me a replacement and I requested that the new one be sent to me through another carrier

DHL Express Logo DHL Express