DHL / dhl is taking over people's things
Some days back a friend of mine from outside USA asked me a favor. He told me that he is outsourcing with some company and instead of taking payment he asked the company people to buy him a new computer.
It's not possible to send things online directly through US E-Commerce website, they just don't do that and the people who are buying it are not willing to send it to him. So he asked me to receive that and route it to him.
Well, I'm just a student and I can manage an hour for my friend to route that. So I agreed with his request and after some day a processor and motherboard arrived in my address. I assume it was by the company/people my mate was working for.
Now I asked DHL to pick that up from my home and give it my friend. They did not come on the first day. Again I called them and re-scheduled the pick-up and they came after one day and processed that.
Now suddenly I went to their site and look at the tracking number. It says: Shipment on Hold. So I called 1-800-calldhl and they told me then knows nothing and forward my call to that station in Latham, NY. That guy's behavior was very very rough and he was kindda yelling at me.
He told me the shipment contains some goods purchased with stolen credit card!!!
How is it possible for DHL to say that? May be I'm not involved with the purchase but is it DHL's duty to go through people's things and say whatever they want to say? I gave him my email address and ask him to send me the proof of the claim. Till today nothing arrived.
My mate thinks I eat his stuffs. But the situation is so critical, I cannot even express it to him. He might think I'm not telling him the truth if I tell him this story.
DHL has the right to look into the shipment whether I ship something that is not exportable. But who is DHL to make this sort of comment that it's purchased with some stolen credit card??? It's not their duty and it's not even in their policy.
I guess it's just a lame excuse for taking over people's things.
More DHL Complaints & Reviews
- DHL Canada - delivery 
- DHL - customs charge scam 
- DHL - a blouse which has been stuck in customs fr more than a month... 
- DHL PAKET - dhl germany two times could not deliver the same parcel to australia 
- DHL - staff mistakes, system related failures & bad customer service 
- DHL Express - Delayed delivery
- DHL Express - missing items
- DHL PAKET - delivery of item tracking number cy505242271de
- DHL - parcel not received - parcel delivered to wrong persons
- DHL - ring bought, paid the shipping and now I got a bill from dhl to pay for the shipping of £20 again.