Devry University / fraud and cheating

DeVry University is not a school it is a scam. They lure you in with the prospect of ane easy and faster route to a college degree that will improve your earning potential. That's the bait and it's a trap.

You won't get ahead. You'll end up with at best a useless education and a worthless degree and oh yeah plenty of debt. and if you don't pay them Uncle Sam does through the guaranteed student loan program. Your credits won't transfer to a real school. Some have compared the post Devry experience to buying a new car - only you don't get the car only the payments.

Ra

Comments

• Ri
      17th of Mar, 2009

I had a problem with them offering a class for $275 as a special price because I am in Iraq. I accepted their offer and took the class, and all was good for awhile. A year later I found a derogatory mark on my credit report from DeVry, saying I owed them $875. I figured it was a mistake and I called their Student Accounts. I sent them all my paperwork showing that the class was offered to me for $275 they said that their department which sets prices for Armed Forces wouldn't accept the discount they gave me, and that I was therefore responsible for the balance. ?? When I spoke to the manager of the Accounts Escalation she emailed me with the following: "you should discuss this price with your Academic Advisor, I can't help you".
    I am now trying to find a lawyer to sue DeVry. I regret the day that I got mixed up with them.

11th of Aug, 2010

A Bad Job!

11th of Aug, 2010

A real bad job.

• Su
      11th of Oct, 2010

Devry University is being investigated for fraud. DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL. Watch the video...

• Ar
      28th of Oct, 2013

Do not go to this school .. I have spent three years of my life pursuing an associates of applied science in Network Systems Administration .. The first time I went to the school I was told that the school will help me get a job and that it will not take that long ..

Well, it's been a year SINCE I GRADUATED AND HAVE HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE AND COMPLICATIONS FINDING A JOB IN THE FIELD THAT I OBTAINED MY DEGREE. Everytime they tell me that I do not have the experience and that it would help if I go for the bachelor's ..
    Hello, if the companies and/or corporations are not willing to offer me an opportunity when I have an associates and no experience, then what makes it believable that they will give me an opportunity when I have a bachelor's because I will still have no experience in the field ...