Delta Skymiles / Scam alert

Delta Skymiles
Dont waste your time with Delta Skymiles! They make it seem so simple when it is not. You still have to pay no matter how many miles you have accumulated. First off, I did not have enough Skymiles in my account so my husband gave me some of his. It cost an initial $30 then $10 per 1, 000 miles. I ended up paying $70 total. The I found out that I cannot pay for partial tickets with Skymiles but, through a "special" promotion, I could apply for a American Express card and be able to pay for some of the ticket with my earned Skymiles. The remaining balance would have to be put on the American Express card. Then, I was told that the amount of miles I needed to fly to the same place but maybe on different days could cost me more Skymiles depending on the day. One day it was 25k for a 2hr flight and the next day it was 32k. Also they told me that if I changed my mind about using my Skymiles after I booked, that there would be a "restocking" fee of $100. No matter what you do with your Skymiles, you will end up paying a fee. Skymiles is such a joke!

More Delta Skymiles Complaints & Reviews

Plus Delta Skymiles - Difficulty Redeeming [1]
Plus Delta Skymiles - Miles NOT credited [1]

A  9th of Aug, 2009 by
I'm beginning to discover the same thing. Very disappointing, and a sure-fire way to drive me to use a different airline. A breach of trust between a company and its customers is not cool.
A  15th of Sep, 2010 by
Delta skymiles redemption value is 4 to 5 times LESS than what they charge you to buy them. Buying skymiles with cash in order to have enough to book a trip is a total rip-off. That's why you can't pay for a portion of your trip with miles, and the rest with cash. Be very careful. Don't use skymiles unless you have enough to cover your trip. Just buy the itinerary outright with cash and save the miles for that vacation next year! Skymiles is really a marketing scam...