Delta / delta skymiles redemption
Do not waste your time trying to redeem an awards flight on Delta.com. You can see dates that have the low redemption mileage, but you can't book them on your own. A better way is to look at other SkyTeam member sites, like Continental's One Pass, and find flights that are redeemable for low mileage on those sites and then call the Delta Skymiles Customerless Service number and plead with them to identify the flights you have located and book the award travel at the low redemption rates for you.
I probably wasted 20-30 hours over a two month period trying to get a round trip ticket to Europe for 60K. I finally called and asked if there were any cities that were more likely to qualify for the low rate. The answer that I got was I am not going to search all day for you. I asked to talk to a supervisor and then for the agent's name and she refused and hung up on me.
What is sad is that I used to really like Delta and have flown them for 20 years, now I really have to look at alternatives for my travel.
More Delta Complaints & Reviews
- Delta Airlines - selling companion/buddy passes 
- Delta Airlines - con artisit selling delta companion pass 
- Delta Airlines - personal items stolen out of luggage 
- Delta Air Lines - changing name on skymiles account 
- Delta Airlines - skymiles reinstatement policy 
- Delta Air Lines - pilot scott w smith
- Delta Airlines - frustration
- Delta Air Lines - do not ever fly delta, stupid at its peak 
- Delta Airlines - stolen lost items 
- Delta Airlines - customer service! negligence