Delta / Customer service
Had a bad experience with Delta last summer. With no weather excuses at all, they got me in late and I missed my connection flight. I got no help upon arrival such as de-planing first, or rescheduling with another flight so I got to my destination late and missed my ground transportation to my final destination. I finally got in early in the morning, got a couple of hours sleep, and headed off for my business.
My return trip, they lost my baggage, and said I could not get it until the next morning. I did not get it as planned and did not have material for a presentation that day. The phone# I called for tracking the baggage was worthless; they could not track it. They promised it would get routed to my home airport later in the day, and would call me when it arrived, as the first time of arrival they gave me was wrong.
I ended up going down there myself and picked it up. It had been offloaded with another airline service baggage, thus the wrong arrival time earlier. And of course, my suitcase had a rip in the bottom.
Delta's reply for all of this was a $50 voucher for a future flight, take it or leave it... I realize these things (One or the other) happen to travelers daily, but the combination and their lack of response made me decide to avoid Delta in the future.
More Delta Complaints & Reviews
- Delta Airlines - Selling companion/buddy passes 
- Delta Airlines - con artisit selling delta companion pass 
- Delta - Delta Skymiles Redemption 
- Delta Airlines - personal items stolen out of luggage 
- Delta Airlines - Skymiles reinstatement policy 
- Delta Airlines - would not offer a bereavement discount 
- Delta Air Lines - laptop stolen
- Delta Air Lines - seafood 3 boxes
- Delta Air Lines - travel voucher
- Delta Air Lines - unaccompanied minor