Delta Airlines / Poor management overall

I'm a platinum medallion member with Delta. I travel weekly for my job, and unfortunately, you have to go out of your way to NOT use Delta - they have so cornered the market in many locations. From now on however, I will drive out of my way to airports that use other airlines, and pay higher rates if I have to - just to avoid using Delta. I'm tired of their constant delays and cancellations, their nonexistant policies or abilities to appease 'wronged' customers, and the uncaring and unhelpful attitudes of their staff. I blame it on Delta's upper management team - whose attitudes, abilities and ethics are reflected throughout the company. I kept track and found that for me personally, Delta 'underperforms' (causes me to be late to work or late home) approximately 30% of the time. If most other industries had that bad of a record, they would be closed down. I propose a boycott until they change their ways.

Comments

• Su
      7th of Sep, 2009

You sound miserable. 70% on time is not bad when you consider weather issues, mechanical problems, and all the crazy luggage everybody brings on. I'm a PM too, a hard one, from Atlanta. No connectoions, I can go anywhere in the world non-stop and I think that's pretty amazing. The stewardesses are very sweet and I feel safe because the pilots are much more experienced than Air Tran. The agents at the gates are a pain in the ***, but I can see they're understaffed, they're always having to leave. I can understand why their managers don't hire more because as an american consumer most of us don't want to pay more for quicker service. I hope things get better for you, believe me when I say that I know what you go through. Traveling isn't for sissies, these days, huh?