Dell / dell returns policies and people
I have bought 5 or 6 computers from Dell over the past 15 years or so. Generally thought they were competent people and that the products were a good value. Until now.
My 3 and a half year old Dell Dimension 8400 had the hard drive fail. Called Dell. They figured out what I needed and sent it - but it was the wrong kind of drive. I had to order another one and wait for delivery. I was unable to use my computer for nearly a month before getting it up and running again. (There were also major problems with their supplied 'recovery' disks.)
In the meantime - their process for returning the hard drive that THEY sent that was wrong was needlessly complicated. They failed to do what they said they would do and now won't refund the cost to me nor accept the return at all. Their policies won't allow them - said the 'customer service' person.
I will NEVER buy another product from them. I will NEVER recommend them to family or friends.
More Dell Complaints & Reviews
- Dell Inspiron 1525 - hard drive failures 
- Dell 42& Plasma Tv - defective tv, poor service 
- Dell / Laptop Studio 1555 - dell is a scam 
- Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop - defective product - horrible service 
- Dell Canada - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back! 
- Dell - product does not operate as specified and lousy service was provided
- Dell - false advertisement
- Dell - dell inspiron 15-5=3552 computer id 624be914-0afe-44db-ae24-eb447806015a
- Dell - dell inspiron download caused software issue
- Dell - xps 8930