Dell / dell returns policies and people

I have bought 5 or 6 computers from Dell over the past 15 years or so. Generally thought they were competent people and that the products were a good value. Until now.

My 3 and a half year old Dell Dimension 8400 had the hard drive fail. Called Dell. They figured out what I needed and sent it - but it was the wrong kind of drive. I had to order another one and wait for delivery. I was unable to use my computer for nearly a month before getting it up and running again. (There were also major problems with their supplied 'recovery' disks.)

In the meantime - their process for returning the hard drive that THEY sent that was wrong was needlessly complicated. They failed to do what they said they would do and now won't refund the cost to me nor accept the return at all. Their policies won't allow them - said the 'customer service' person.

I will NEVER buy another product from them. I will NEVER recommend them to family or friends.

Comments

• Mi
      29th of Jan, 2009

Dell is by far the WORST Company to work with or deal with. Their customer service (if that is what you could call it) is HORRIBLE!! If you aren’t on hold then you are being transferred from person to person none of which you could understand. No one seems competent enough to answer even the simplest of questions. When initially ordering the system the lady spoke so fast that when it arrived we some how had much more installed on the computer and more upgrades than we had wanted or than we had ordered. This in turn turned our bill from a little over seven hundred dollars to double that. When trying to rectify this situation we were told that it was too late to change it as we had already received it. Since then this company has been nothing but a hassle. We have paid this system off almost two times due to their interest and other fees and adjustments. Not to mention the fact that these computers are slow pieces of junk!! If you are someone who is looking to buy a computer and are reading this save yourself the time and hassle and go to a local store where you can see and trust what you are purchasing!! I guarantee that the system will be much better and you wont be paying out of your a** for a piece of junk!! Not to mention you will save yourself a lot of headache and hassle without having to deal with their incompetent workers such as a Mr. Brian Tyler, who seems to be so dissatisfied with life that he unfortunately takes it out on customers. Not to mention calling you at your place of employment daily and harassing you!! To make this already long story short Dell is by far the worst company, with the worst products, worst 'customer service', and I hope that by writing this that we have saved someone like us a lot of hassle!!! DONT BUY FROM DELL!!!