Days Inn Hotels / rude and bad service

I am writing to you to share my most recent and my last experience with Days Inn. I went on line to trip rewards as I usually do to book. I booked six rooms at the AARP rate. I went to submit and accidentally hit the prepay button. I admit that is not what I wanted to do, as my family was each going to pay for their own room. I immediately called the hotel; Days Inn at 20th and Market in Chattanooga, TN, and was informed that I could pay cash for each room upon check in. However I was bound to all six rooms and if I did not use them they would be billed to my American Express card, of which I said was fine.

Upon arrival to the hotel, we were greeted by a very unprofessional and unfriendly desk agent. After several times of being interrupted by the phone, we went to check in. She informed me that the rooms were already prepaid to my credit card. I tried to explain to her that I was told we could pay cash for the rooms and that there were no charges on my card. She again and again and again referred to the agreement of when I booked the rooms. I tried again to explain to her that I was told we could pay cash for the rooms and that my card had not been charged. I have always paid cash and could not understand why she would not take cash. I then explained to her that I would call Days Inn customer service and American Express. American Express said there were no charges or authorizations. I talked to a Days Inn representative at customer service. He contacted the hotel and then came back on the line to tell me that I had been rude to the agent and stormed out of the hotel. I was with my family and they can vouch that was not true. I was made to feel the victim by your Days Inn representative who told me too cool down and perhaps have a family member get our rooms. We went to lunch and then returned to the hotel. The same agent said that she had checked us out of the rooms and that she would have to see if there were any. She then said that she would prefer that we leave and go elsewhere. I told her that event thought the hotel was disgusting in look and no pool open, we wanted out rooms. She once again said NO, go somewhere else. Upon calling Carrie at the presidents office, she took the complaint and expressed that there was little she could do. I talked to the general manger at the hotel as well as the owner and to be frank, they didn’t give a damn. We lost money for the catering we had for the next day, as all my family had to drive back home, as the rooms in Chattanooga were all booked in other hotels. This is the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel brand. I intend to post this message story everywhere I can on the internet to warn people to stay away from Days Inn hotels. Had this been a Hilton property, I can assure you this would never have happened like this. As far as I am concerned as well as well over 100 people that I have talked to so far, we would rather sleep in a park than ever stay at another Days Inn again.

Comments

• 50
      14th of Apr, 2009

I work at a Days Inn and you people complain about the stupidest things ever.

• 50
      14th of Apr, 2009

Whaa Whaa Whaa, my shower head is too low, I only got 15 towels, front desk clerk didn't pay attention to me right away because she was busy whaa whaa whaa

• Yp
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I had very bad experience with Days inn at Niagara. Please don't go to such hotels and pay them what it is not worth. The room #503 that I stayed has blood stains on the curtain and the bathroom was not cleaned, the sink was leaking. Carpet is hopeless and the chairs has years together formed dust on it.

Please don't encorage such hotels going to them.

• Kr
      21st of Jul, 2009

After driving for 12 hours I arrived at the Days Inn in Cleveland Mississippi on July 12 at 1:30 am. I was kept standing there 20 minutes while the desk clerk fooled with the computer because I had arrived a day earlier than my reservation although I called from the road and was told that it was not a problem. I was made to pay for the week upfront even though I questioned the practice.

The first room I got was disappointing and shabby. After the faucet came off in my hand I asked for another room. Finally got settled in about 2:30 am. Second room looked better, but A/C did not cool. Next day was 100 degrees. I asked about the A/C and was offered another room, but it was so run down with old bashed up furnishings that looked like they were acquired from the curbside on trash day. I stayed with the warm room. They did come to fix the A/C, but after that the rug was wet around it. I had to go through a box of remote controls to find one that worked. The pool was locked up because the pump was broken, and would not be fixed until after I left. The continental breakfast made you lose your appetite. Cold pancakes in a tupperware box, bread slices in another, a few apples, and tired looking cereal from old dispensers. One morning there was hot fresh coffee but no cups and no one around to help you.

Worst of all, one morning I woke up with blood spots on the tank top I wore to sleep. I had bumps on my chest and back and my son on his feet that itched like mad. These were not mosquito bites. Now I have medicine from my doctor that kills larvae like I put on my dog once a month! We transferred to a Holiday Inn for the last day and finally had a very nice stay there in a pretty and clean room.

The pictures online were deceptively quite pretty and the price was right. The undoubtedly photographed their best room.
    After my experience and seeing all the other horror stories, I will not be staying in a Days Inn ever again.

• Tr
      29th of Jan, 2010

It was our honeymoon my wife and I are newly wed couples. After check in the room smelled like cigar then we asked them to sanitize the room or disinfect few minutes later housekeeper entered without knocking and sprayed in our room without saying anything I was getting mad already but then I calmed down. I asked him if he could get me some water since there are no complimentary in the room even if it wasn't his job. He entered again with a glass of water and STUPIDLY spilled it on my wife! I sent him out my wife immediately took a bath and we she found out that there were no towels! so I called the front office for towel and it never came! My wife was frustrated so she went to the front office immediately and complained but the front office do not know how to solve problems!

• Un
      1st of Mar, 2010

Ok.. where do I start. Well, first of I had made reservations online for Valentine's Day, thinking I was going to have a wonderful nite, boy was I wrong.My husband and I get there and they tell us that they wer'e overbooked and that we wouldn't get a room that night! I was in total shock!I knew that we couldn't get a room at a desent place, concidering that it was Vanlentine's so I was so Irate! Then I proceed to call the reservation number that I had from my conformation receipt and made a complaint.The gentelman I had spoke with seemed to be understating and was upset as well about the whole situation.So he gave me a complaint # and advised me to contact them if the hotel didn't respond back to me within 10 days.So I waited.Guess what NO CALL! Go figure.So I contact what is suppose to be customer service(which they didnt service the customer at all)and advise them of the situation. They say that there's nothing they can do, that they refunded my money and that was all they would do. Can you beleive this?Also, the manager from the Days Inn hotel in Sherman Tx had sent an email stating that there WAS rooms that nite and they didnt turn down anyone.I will NEVER concider going back there again!

• Wi
      6th of Mar, 2010

I agree the hotels suck ### I stayed at 2 different one in Jersy City one had an in the wall heating system and sounded like a boiler furnace in the room to sleep I had to turn it off and woke up freezing. and also had the heat lamp on in the bathroom hoping to help heat it.

The other one had roaches all over the place, when I went to the front desk the woman said we had that room sprayed [protected]@!!!and we got a whole $15.00 of the bill nice ###s.

Why were you renting before you new there wer no more hello!!!

If I have any uninvited guest in my house from the luggage watch out for a bill.

26th of Jun, 2010

We were on vacation going to Florida and we call Expendia/hotels and got a room in Mobile Al. We could fine the hotels so we called the hotel the manger we so rude to us we drove around cause he gaves us the wrong directions. When we got there he said that they had no info. on us coming so we had to call expendia again and he didn't want to work with them. He made us wait for an hour while he waited on other people that were coming in. I asked him to help us and he said I would have to wait, I did because my room was already paid for. When we finnally got a room the hotel was so dirty, the halls were dirty and the room smells so bad, the beds had beds bugs and the bathroom was dirty. I called the service desk and he said that they didn't have another room and that there was no one that could come and clean the room. In the morning I told the man that was at the desk( the same man that was there the night before) and he didn't say anything about my complain. I fell someone needs to give me my money back and to clean that hotel bed bugs come on somebody is not doing there job. I will never stay there again and I will tell my friends going that way the same to stay away for that place.

• +1 Votes

I was supposed to have stayed at the DAYS INN in Ghettho West Palm Beach, Florida (2300 45th Street WPB, FL 33407). I had my sister reserve the room for me and she failed to mention I was bringing my pet, ok, fine. I bring my dog (I was obvious because I wasn't trying to be sneaky). I walked in my room to drop off my belongings to then leave again to return later. Well this man (ANDREW HILL "manager") bangs on the door with another guy and does not say who he was and went on about the dog not being permitted. Since it was my husband who answered the door and the room was in my name, I went to the front desk and asked to speak to ANDREW HILL the "manager". He brought me into his office and I explained to him I was not aware this was going to be an issue and he said I would have to pay a fee of $50 or I cannot stay. He went on to say the fee was actually $90 but he was only charging me $50 for the dog. I told him I could not afford to pay the extra $50 and he said that he could not help me that I would either have to pay or I would have to leave. I said ok, I will return. I had to take a minute to think about what I was going to do since this was unexpected. I went to my room where my belongings were while I thought about it and he DEACTIVATED my card giving me no access to my room. I talked about it with my husband and we decided to leave. Mind you this was all within a 25 minute period. My card had already been charged $58 and some change for the initial reservation in which I was only is the room for those 25 minutes for the cost of $58. I turned in the card to the room and left. When I call to check if my account was charged...it was. Not only was my card charged, it was charged more than $50 AND without my authorization AND after the fact that I decided to leave rather than to pay, why give me the option if your going to charge me anyways. When I called the DAYS INN regarding the charge, the "ASSISTANT" David said that Supposedly I was told i was going to be charged REGARDLESS! REALLY! I[censored] and only IF i was going to be charged REGARDLESS, why would I have left? MONEY HUNGRY, RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL, ANAL, MISERABLE, LIAR!!! I WILL NOT STOP HERE, TRUST AND BELIEVE ME I'M GOING TO LET IT BE KNOWN WHAT HE HAS DONE!

23rd of Aug, 2010

it as 3 in the morning and it was my sisters b day we hade to chang rooms 3 times there was bugs we got kick out with a babby cuz my sister got droped pff by her friends we went to go talk to the guy he was rude he was saying things like (get the f out of my hotel) ww where dun founded of how we got spocken to and we are still trying to get wht we paid back.SO IF YOU ARE THINKING OF GOING I WOULD TELL YOU DONT IT IS REPOLSIVE

26th of Sep, 2010

We recently stayed at the Days Inn at Hillsdale, Michigan. It was by far the worst experience at a hotel I may have ever been to. The first room they gave us had spider webs, dirt, torn and matted carpeting, and the stench from cigarette smoke was ridiculous. There were people on the same floor smoking, but also just an old smell from previous guests. They then after complaining about the first floor room, put us in a room on the second floor, and our youngest son who has bad allergies, was miserable most of the night because of the smoke on that floor as well. I have enjoyed my stay at other Days Inn, but I may not visit another if this is what I can expect. Thanks for your time and allowing me to voice my displeasure. Best Regards, Mr. Martin Leymon- Cuyahoga Falls, ohio

• De
      27th of Oct, 2010

10-28-2010
    A major local hospital recommened Days Inn and metioned there was a special rate with the hotel when the stay was do to a hospital stay with the Greater Baltimore Hospital.Maryland Univeristy.
    I call and attempted to book. The hotel was unaware of any special rate, except booking on line. I took the advice and booked on line.My daughter's surgery was reschedule to a different day. (Major surgery) cancer and organs removed. I was informed I could not cancel because I made the reservation on line. Something Days Inn forgot to mention. YES I over looked the fineprint on policy of cancellation. My resevation was for 11-4-5-2010. I am trying to cancel on 10-27-2010. The local office in Glenburnie, MD stated they did not have the capabilty to cancel perhaps the co-orporate office could cancel the reservation. No luck there. The operator transferred me to customer relations. She indicated since this was a medical issue perhaps some else could help. No luck . I was informed it is clear before booking no cancellation were permitted. My credit card will be charged reguardless if I stay or not and no notice even 7 days can cancel. The best I can do because coporate is not able to due cancellations. ( I guess coprate only thinks they run the operation.) I need to call Glenburnie's Days Inn tomorrow and hope re will due the cancellation. Do Iyou see the circle, I feel like I am wiping my butt on a hoop. Needless to say I have torn up my rewards card. I do intent to express and post your policy at this hospital. I sincerly hope they remove you from thier visitor site that also recommends the Days Inn . I will not be re-booking in the future on her new surgery date.

• He
      13th of Sep, 2011

MY FAMILY AND I STAYED AT DAYS INN IN MESQUITE, TEXAS(IH 635 & MILITARY PARKWAY). TWICE WE HAD TO REQUEST ONE TOWEL BECAUSE ALTHOUGH WE CHECKED IN 4 PERSONS THEY INSISTED ON PROVIDING US WITH ONLY 3 TOWELS. THE BATHTUB NEEDED A NON-SLIP PAD, I NEARLY FELL TAKING A SHOWER. WE RESERVED A ROOM FOR TWO NIGHTS, BUT AFTER THE FIRST NIGHT THEY DEACTIVATED OUR ENTRY CARDS. THE MORNING WE WERE LEAVING WHILE AT BREAKFAST DOWNSTAIRS, MY DAUGHTER NEED TO USE THE LOBBY RESTROOM, HOWEVER IT WAS LOCKED. SHE ASKED THE DESK CLERK FOR ACCESS AND HE SAID IT WAS NOT FOR PUBLIC USE . I MENTIONED THAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE ACCESSED TO THE PUBLIC IN THE EVENT THAT A HANDICAPPED PERSON IS IN NEED( AMERICAN DISABILITY ACT GUIDELINES) HE THEN SAID HE DID NOT HAVE A KEY. THIS PLACE IS NOT WORTH STAYING AT. HECTOR & NORMA GARCIA

• Ml
      24th of Sep, 2011

Wow. It's amazing seeing all these similar instances at Days Inn. Ours was at the Mt. Hope, WV Days Inn. First room was tore completely apart. Beds up against walls, furniture everywhere. Second room had no towels. So we went to pool with hopes of towels there. Nope. So we called front desk and they said you have to come up front for towels for the pool. I asked what we had to do to get towels in the room! When we went to bed I called for one pillow for my 4year old, but it was against policy to give extra pillows!! Should I mention watery juice, stale donuts, and 2 week old oranges you couldnt peel they were so hard? On top of that, we called ahead about a discount for friends of students to a nearby college. So they quoted a price, and go figure they charged us more.

• Kd
      16th of Apr, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in regards to my stay at the Sleep-Inn Evansville, Wyoming (room 114) on 4/13/12. Upon checking in, I opted to pay for my room with cash. I was told that I needed to provide a credit or debit card. Before giving my debit card to the check-in clerk, I SPECIFICALLY ASKED if there would be any charges on this card, including any type of authorization fee. She assured me that there would not be. I again asked if there would be ANY charges on my card as this was a debit card and I needed the money in my account first thing that Monday morning. She AGAIN assured me that there would be no charges. I gave her my card and my cash payment and went to my room.

The next day, there was an $81 pending charge on my debit card. I went back to the hotel and asked the same woman who checked me in the previous night (kgilbe.wy057) why there had been a charge when she assure me that there would not be. She said that there should not have been a charge, but if there were it was simply an authorization. I explained that I understood that the charge was pending. The issue is:

*My bank does not allow me to have access to pending funds.

My vehicle payment is now late and I will have to take a hit on my credit for not making my payment on time. This is why I paid cash in the first place.

*I needed ALL funds in my account on MONDAY morning

* I asked if funds would be taken out or pending in any way more than once and as specifically as I could, and was lied to.

* Had I been told the TRUTH about fees being charged to my debit card, I would have gone elsewhere as to not deal with the situation I am now in.

She told me that there was nothing she could do and gave me the card to her manager.

I called the manager and explained the situation. The manager then assured me (again) that there should not be any pending charges, but if there were, they should drop off of my account before that Monday morning. If not, she would fax something to my bank.

Unfortunately, faxing something to my bank is not going to persuade them to release the pending funds as that is against their policy.

The fact of the matter is that it is now 2:00 pm on Monday afternoon and the pending charge is still on my account, leaving me $80 short of making my vehicle payment. Any fax to my bank is useless and a rediculous way to try to solve a problem that your hotel caused.

Your clerk was allowed to lie to me and her manager did nothing to solve my issue. I know that complaining doesn't do much, but I thought it should come to someone's attention that there might need to be a policy regarding questions about check-inn fees and debit cards.

• De
      28th of Dec, 2012

I arrived at the Days Inn, Great Falls, Montana the day after Christmas exhausted. Checking in about midnight, and my son arrived and checked in at about 1:30 in the morning after me. I read till he arrived safely. At no time did they indicate to either myself or my son that they would be doing construction in the room directly above ours and replacing carpets the following morning. We were woken up to hammers dropping and loud banging. Although we are typically up in the mornings, this particular morning due to travels and the Christmas holiday, we wanted to sleep. We asked about check out times, and believed outside of other guests in the hallways, or the slamming of another guests room, we would be left to get some much needed sleep. Wrong. Upon check out, I quietly mentioned to the front desk help that I did not appreciate the construction waking us up, and inquired as to why we were not placed somewhere else or at least notified of the construction so we could decide on another hotel. She did not attempt to be polite, apologetic, or helpful. She shrugged her shoulders and said to a man standing close by that she would get the Manager and he came over. He had the same give-a-care attitude, said it's morning and looked at a clock on the wall. I attempted to state that I have a right to sleep (that's why I am in a hotel, paying) and as long as I am out of the hotel room by check out time, I should not have had to listen to hammers and banging. I mentioned to him that my room was so loud that I was not able to use the phone, and I was being honest and sincere about my complaints. He looked at the wall clock again and said, "it's morning, you should be up." I was appalled that both, the Manager and the morning guest service/front desk had the same unprofessional approach with their guests. I then asked to have the number of the Corporate office, and the "manager" handed me his business card and said to me with his smart mouth, "knock yourself out, I am not only the manager, I am the owner of this building and this Days Inn, " then reminded me that it's morning and we should have been up. His exact words.

I wonder why, he was not professional enough to look like a manager/owner? Why he had no customer care training? Why when construction is scheduled that he is not organized enough to simply inform the night staff that there is scheduled maintenance and try to not place a guest near the construction, and if the hotel fills to at lease inform guests of the construction and give them the option to stay with days Inn, or seek another hotel? What kind of owner/manager has no commonsense? and one would question why the front desk employee had no customer skills, and I was immediately greeted with conflict instead of a "good morning, how was your stay?" They owe me my money back.

• Li
      10th of Mar, 2014

I also had a bad experience with Days Inn Chattanooga Tn (Hamilton Place Location). The staff on duty at my time of arrival was very friendly and polite. We had come down to take care of some business so we put our bags down and left for the day, upon returning I had to make several phone calls, but my phone was out of order, I reported it and was told it was placed on a work order list, never got fixed. I laid down to sleep and smelled perfume on the pillow case, then noticed make up as well. Luckily we travel with pillows and a blanket, being so late I didn't want the hassle of changing rooms. Keep this mind my foot is broken in a cast so walking up to the desk was not an option. I was very disappointed in the cleanliness of the room the curtains filthy and half hung, bathroom had hair on the floor, toe nail clipping found in the bed later also on the floor. YUCK I WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT ANOTHER DAYS INN AGAIN. I did however called in a complaint and have yet to get a call back or response. Please if your planning a trip of any kind do not I repeat DO NOT STAY HERE YOU WILL REGET IT!!! Lisa Howard Cincinnati Ohio

16th of Jan, 2015

is it your policy not to let handicap victims stay at days inn? ON OUR WAY BACK FROM fL. WE STOPPED IN Hagerstown Maryland to get a room, went to days inn asked for handicap room the clerk said they do not allow wheelchairs there as they mark the rugs and damage the walls! and said we could not stay there!! I have been in a wheelchair for forty years and have never been treated with such cruelty!! Is this your policy?

18th of Jan, 2015

refused to let me stay at days inn because I was in a wheelchair

• Ru
      18th of Jan, 2015

You are not telling the truth here, I mean obviously with the way you behave the credit card was not yours because you are too young to have a credit card. This was your fault, you pressed the pre pay button. An adult would be able to admit fault, an adult would also not mistake being told no as rudeness, and an adult would have been able to wait patiently for her to answer the phone. If it has been you calling and she was busy dealing with customers you would be complaining about how long it took to answer the phone, if it was answered at all. If you are not six years old and just acting that age grow up. You sound like someone who has a temper, it is possible that your family will only vouch for you because they are afraid you would physically harm them if you don't. Even then families stand up for each other even if their member is lying and from your attitude I doubt that you are telling the truth about not storming out. The hotel would not refuse you service unless you were posing as a threat, they have other people staying there to watch out for and have concern about their safety. You are not the victim, you were careless when booking line and are acting like a six year old child by blaming them for your mistake. Not once did you take responsibility for your mistake, grow up. I am sure the 100 people you talked to only said they would rather sleep in a park than a hotel only did that out of fear that you would react violently if you disagreed with them.