Dairy Queen / unsanitary cond. and poor service

1 Pelican Rapids, MN, United States Review updated:

I went to the pelican rapids DQ tonight ordered a banana split, one small cone, one choc dipped cone the girl made the split another worker was sweeping floors picking up garbage he came back behind counter wiping face she asked him to make the choc cone he did and not once did he wash his hands. I refused the cone explaining why. I got a look of disgust. This DQ is an embarrassment to your organization. I guess from now on it will have to be mcdonalds.

Comments

• Za
      3rd of Aug, 2008

I was with my family on August 3, 2008 and ordered hot-fudge sundaes. We were dissapointed with the amount of fudge on the sundae. We didn't lodge a complaint at the time due to the amount of customers in line at the time.

The biggest complaint, however, was the condition of the bathroom...dirty and smelly. We do not expect this from Dairy Queen as it has always used high standards.

• Hy
      10th of Jan, 2009

I work at a Dairy Queen in a different location. Most people on here I see complain that the employees don't wear gloves, to set that straight, we are not required to wear them nor are we provided with them and who would bring their own from home everyday? Now I understand that it is the guy who was making your treat's responsibility to wash his hands, but he was obviously busy and should have declined making it or washed his hands first. Often at my place of employment, a manager will ask us to make a burger or other food item seeing us handle unsanitary things. I see it this way, if we had to wash our hands at the times we are SUPPOSED to, we would never get work done. Being paid next to minimum wage, we have quite a few duties to fulfill at our job and we must make food and get our other stuff done in a quick and efficient manner or be fired. We cannot wash our hands everytime we scratch our chin (like we're supposed to) we cannot wash our hands after using the phone to take an order, these things all take up a lot of time and we simply cannot run to the back room and wash them before and after everything we do.

• Sw
      16th of Mar, 2009

My DQ employees always wash thier hands no matter what.I am very strict on handwashing.If you cannot wash your hands when you are supposed to, then you should be put on dish duty at minimum wage with a severe cut in hours.I hope you never fix my food!!!