CVS / rude customer

Seal Beach, CA, United States Review updated:

I was shopping at CVS during the afternoon on a weekday.

I was viewing some items when an older caucasian woman, approximately 60-65 years old, chemically dyed dark blonde/red toned hair, dressed in casual business attire came into the same aisle as I.

I am assuming that she said Excuse Me more than once.

How do I know?

I sensed that someone was near so I then looked behind me. There she stood with a look on her face that she was not happy. Of course, I then moved closer to the items I was looking at.

I happened to look at her as she turned the corner to her right. I could see the side of her right face, her lips were pursed and she was shaking her head back and forth from left to right/right to left.

I wanted to go walk towards her and advise her that I was not purposely being rude to her but, in fact, am profounded hearing impaired so I was not able to hear her. I only sensed her and that made me turn around.

Because I am not a senior citizen (as I am assuming she is or very close to it) and well under 65 years of age, most people generally assume that I am being rude, an airhead or dingy, etc. It never occurs to them that there may be other reasons why people like me don't immediately respond to their verbal statements.

To the woman in the store: I'm sure when you become disabled, you will fare worse.

Comments

16th of Nov, 2011

You should of followed her and yelled at her "what the hell is your problem!!!" If she is rude to you to begin with...in my opinion you have no choice but to be rude right back! Fight fire with fire!!

• El
      17th of Nov, 2011

Per the TOUs, this is not a valid complaint about the company CVS.

• He
      17th of Nov, 2011

Why didn't you tell her when you turned around that you were hearing impaired? Maybe she wanted to look at an item in front of you and by stepping closer you blocked her even more...you should have just explained to her...

• El