SUBMIT A COMPLAINT

CVS Pharmacy / wrong prescription

Plymouth, MA, US Review updated:
Contact information:

I dropped off prescription for codeine 15 mg for my dog. The script clearly indicated canine. When I dropped off script I told them it was for my dog. They gave me acetaminophen-codeine #2. I thought this didn't look right and I took it to my vet. This was incorrect and contains Tylenol that is toxic to dog. My dog could have died. When my vet called CVS they were rude. They said they threw out the prescription. Why would they do that. I am talking with a lawyer about this.

CVS Pharmacy

Sj
Nov 16, 2016
Sort by: UpDate | Rating

Comments

  •   Nov 17, 2016

    Not the wrong prescription. They filled with the generic, which is common and acceptable. There are several generic versions of codeine 15. Did you tell them your dog was allergic to Acetaminophen? Did you ask for the brand (which is more expensive)? Did you ask your doctor to write the script for non-tylenol version? As the physician, your vet should have known better. The pharmacy did exactly as any pharmacy would have done.

    Tylenol is not toxic to dogs unless they are overdosed or are allergic.

    0 Votes
  • Po
      Nov 17, 2016

    It is recommended that you check the information on the prescription bottle prior to paying for it and definitely prior to giving it to a pet or person. Mistakes do happen. Since there was no actual damage done, a lawyer is a waste of everyone's time.

    0 Votes

Post your comment