cutco / RIP OFF

1 NY, United States Review updated:

It is a 100 years old trick that has been around for company to make money. There is nothing new about it. Unfortunately, some people got suck into it.
Oh, those people who posted comment contesting it, you are probably one of the their staff.
From the consumer point of view. CUTCO IS THE SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. READ ON ...
I am a chef at a restaurant, I have plenty of knife, some good, some bad. I don't really feel that even for my daily usage, I need CUTCO knife. There are plenty of knives that work for me provide that you just hone it a little before using it.
The reason of my complaint is that THEY RIP OFF CUSTOMER BY CHARGING OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPING CHARGE. We have bought a knife just to help out a daughter of a friend who got suck into it. Can you imagine they charge me $10 for a single knife that cost $85. It probably weight less then 8 oz. I have just bought a Camera and a camcorder, and the shipping charge was $5.95.
What do you call that? A SCAM OR A RIPOFF. I call it both.

When I called the company to complaint about the shipping charge. A woman tell me "oh, it is a knife, it require special handling. We charge according to the price of the knife" WHAT KIND OF MARKETING IS THAT? THEY JUST WANT TO MILK OUT SOME MORE MONEY FROM CONSUMER.

I said that it is unfair to charge that much for a little knife, but she insist that that was my opinion and they don't really care since I bought the knife anyway.

What prompt me to write this complaint is that, we have got the knife today from UPS, and it is in the box weight less than one pound. I was so curious about what SPECIAL HANDLING was put on for this knife. Sure enough, when I open the package, I see a knife in a long white hard paper sleeve inside a plastic bag. There were some large bubbles in the box to firm it up a little.

TELL ME, CUTCO'S ANY ONE. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO EXPLAIN THIS?

Un

More cutco Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Du
      4th of Jun, 2009
    cutco - fraud
    vector marketing
    Pennsylvania

this company interviews people for sales reps position and only hire those who will keep their mouths shut about the company, s legit. side of the business which in my book is no side is legit.

• Sd
      10th of Dec, 2009

every one makes past mistakes and has the right to defend themselves i will be starting my job with vector at the end of this month and i will bring to their attention the things that have been posted wish me luck someone will get to the bottom of the truth one day

• Do
      9th of Jan, 2011
    cutco - sales recipt
    N/A home use
    Ohio

several months ago I bought a set of Cutco knives (20 pcs) pearl handled. I never got a paid up reciept. I have asked the sales person (Monica Coomer) several times for the receipt. Comments were "I gave you one") Can you please check this out and furnish me with a receipt in case I ever need it to show ownership?

• Ve
      10th of Jan, 2011

Good morning - I work in a corporate office for Vector Marketing. We honor Cutco's forever guarantee without the receipt. Possession of the product is ownership proof. However, I would be happy to get a receipt for you. Please contact me at [protected]@cutco.com so that I can get your personal information. I will personally be sure you get a copy of your receipt.

• Ju
      29th of Nov, 2014

A person in your job should know more about knives than you do. First of all the other knives you mentioned will rust and dull down rapidly and need sharpening often. Cutco is stainless and does not rust and the sharpening is guaranteed for life. The price of Cutco is less then the knives you mentioned also. I sold about $25000.00 worth of these knives in a six month period and never have received one complaint about them..Those sales took place in 1993 and all of the people are still using them and have never had a problem with the company guarantee. I would still be working for them, but got tired of the demo's and the time they took, so went back to working for a living making much less money, but having more time to myself. Great product and I own the whole set myself and have only had them re-sharpen once since 1993...