Customer Service / Emirates / lost baggage
My son travelled from Ahmedabad to Leeds via London Heathrow airport and the biggest check in baggage of his was not retreived. He has complained the lost baggage at the London Heathrow airport and proceeded to Leeds. After several mails the following is the reply I ( his father ) got after 50 days. This is totally un acceptable and I request the highest authority of Emirates to look in to this otherwise I shall be constrained to go to the cunsumor protection courts in India.
Our Ref: DXB/X/SK/160908/6629116
29 October 2008
r M Gangadhara Rao
Dear Mr Rao,
Baggage Claim Reference: AHL LHREK32300 / 12 September 2008
I refer to our previous correspondence in connection with the above baggage claim which was lodged by your son at London Heathrow airport.
Your son’s baggage claim was referred to our Central Baggage Tracing Unit for extensive tracing to be conducted. However, despite the best efforts of our staff, regrettably, we have been unable to find his bag.
A thorough investigation was conducted by us and we wish to advise you of our findings.
Our records show that your son had checked-in two bags at Ahmedabad airport and tag numbers EK004303 and EK004304 were issued. These bags were received at Dubai airport from the same flight on which he travelled, EK539 from Ahmedabad to Dubai on 12 September 2008.
The bags were subsequently loaded on your son’s connecting flight EK029 from Dubai to London Heathrow on 12 September. Both bags were loaded in baggage container number AKE13637EK.
This is a direct non-stop flight from Dubai to London Heathrow and all bags were delivered to the baggage carousel at London Heathrow airport. It is, therefore, surprising that your son received only one of his two bags.
I wish to advise you that lodging a missing baggage report on arrival, and subsequently completing the Baggage Inventory Form, does not automatically constitute acceptance of liability on the part of Emirates, and this statement is clearly printed on all our baggage reports and the Baggage Inventory Forms.
Regrettably, we are unable to consider your son’s claim on this occasion.
Thank you for allowing me to respond.
More Customer Service / Emirates Complaints & Reviews
- Emirates Airlines - refund or change of date of airline ticket 
- Emirates Airlines - lost luggage! 
- Emirates Airline - baggage claim! 
- Emirates Airlines - hindu meal 
- Emirates - denied boarding
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - emirates counter in chennai international airport
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - contributes & funds terrorism
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - disorganised & inefficient & unprofessional & unreliable
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - refund request : ticket no : 176 2319707235
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - customer service & rebooking charges and lost baggage problem