CSN Stores / Online scam

Do not buy from CSN STORES! They have lots of websites under the same umbrella... products come damaged and they charge you restocking fee and shipping if you don't want replacements. Therefore, i told them to send me another one and it took them another 2 weeks to ship it out. I waited and the 2nd one came damaged again as well... again told them just give me my money back and they said they will send me another one... i told them i will file a charge back with my credit card company and they refunded me. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CSN STORES!

Va

Comments

• Va
      24th of Jul, 2008

Shortly before ordering our bunkbeds from CSN on 10 Feb. 2008 my wife and I found out we were pregnant with our second child. After hearing some horror stories from friends regarding there experiences with transitioning their children out of a crib and into there "big kid" or in our case "big boy bed" we decided to get ahead of the game and order the bed early. Well, thank the lord we did. The first attempt at delivering our much awaited bunk beds or as my two year old call them "bump a heads" was on 15 March 2008, 3 days after the estimated delivery window of 22 Feb.- 12 March which was provided on the day of purchase. Everything appeared to be going smoothly until we realized they had shipped us the twin over twin model rather than the twin over full. After dealing with a language barrier in trying to figure out whether it was the correct bed with missing peices or actually the wrong bed it was determined the bed was indeed the wrong one and all of the peices had to be taken back out to the truck and returned. Fast forward a month and a half to 1 May 2008 (Now almost three months or a quarter of a year since we ordered the bed) and we had our second attempt at delivery. Again everything appeared to be going fine until the one person on the crew who spoke english (glad he was there) informed me that the bed they had delivered was missing parts and they would not be able to put the bed together without the parts. After speaking to both CSN and the delivery company I was convinced that it would be quicker to keep the parts that had been delivered at the house and have CSN ship me the remianing hardware "within a week" so I singed for the stuff that had been delivered and sent the delivery crew on their way. After a week of no parts ariving in the mail I decided to call CSN back yet again to check on the status of the parts at which time I am informed the parts will take another four weeks, pushing the delivery date for the missing parts into early June (remember we ordered the bed on10 February 2008). I bet you could guess what happened next...yep, you guessed it, the four weeks went past with no part delivered and when we called to follow up on the lack of delivery we were told a manager (Marcel) would give us a call on Tuesday (9 June 08). That call never came, instead we received a voice mail message from a female stating the parts are still not available and they are not expecting to get any until JULY (5 months after the order was placed). Now my wife is due to deliver our second child 3 Oct. 08 which means in a best case scenario at this point we will get the parts some time in July, then have to schedule to have someone come and set them up which will likely be a week or two additional, leaving us an even smaller window of time for us to transition our son into his new bed. Oh I almost forgot the fact each time they failed to deliver the correct/complete bed I had to take of work for a day which means I now have approx. $800.00 (almost the total cost of the bad) tied up in this for lost wages. I'll write again in July or August to let all of you know how this all work out.

• Va
      28th of Jul, 2008
    CSN Stores - Bad service
    Csn stores
    800 boylston st.ste.1600
    Boston
    Massachusetts

I had ordered a glider for fathers day. On Sunday after opening the box, found the wood was split in many places, scratches everywhere, and was not sturdy. Called to send back now i have to pay shipping. And i won't get total refund. Not fair for bad workmanship. I'm paying for nothing. Don't want another one.

• Un
      22nd of Apr, 2009

Definitely a SCAM Website, i don't like the way they cheat people into their on-line shops.

Actually, there's a lot of stores under CSN, as a matter of fact, i was trying to find bargain price toy items for my baby at "THE FIND", end up i clicked into this real good price item at "THE DIVA SHOP", each item had a red discounted price at the bottom, and then a box that says "compared to price at CSN", and then listed a much higher price from CSN, but when i clicked "check-out", the site took me right back to CSN shops with the much higher price!!!

• Al
      9th of May, 2009

They are playing the same game with us on a John Boos table. I have been and architect for 20 years have not seen such a dishonest and short sighted supplier.

• Vz
      18th of Nov, 2009

They did not honor their coupon code and cancelled my order without contacting me.
    I would never do business with them again...and reading what other's have written I guess I am glad since what I ordered would have arrived in poor condition anyhow IF it ever arrived!

• Bu
      19th of Nov, 2009

I agree! My issue is they NOW have this program where you get a $15 CSN reward and refer friends and they 'supposedly' get a $15 csn reward too. HA They cancled my order and said it was supposed to be $15 off $50. And said they have the right to cancel any order anytime for any reason they hold. Bad customer service and they do not hold up to their end of ANYthing.

Here is the scam email I got from my referrer that CSN says I was to get $15 off $50 rofl.. liars! They write back telling me it was $15 off $50 and I do not see anywhere in this email it states this. also, the code they sent me went right on through checkout and deducted the $15 reward! How is that if it was $15 off $50

Your Friend shops easy and thinks you should too!

CSN Stores offers the largest selection of items for your home and office, at the lowest prices! As a rewards member you get $15 toward your first order and 3% back on every purchase. Plus, earn $15 for every friend you refer who makes a purchase!

LOOK at my order you can see they took off the $15 promotional code. Then they decided to cancel it because they are biting off more than they can chew and getting a boat load of traffic!

Home Dynamix Royalty 41200B Black Traditional Rug

Item Cancelled: $15.00
    Total: $0.00

• Lu
      14th of Dec, 2009

Never do business with CSN rugs. I ordered a 8 X 10 foot rug and had it shipped to my daughter for Christmas and the rug that was delivered was a 5 x 7 foot. When I called the said she could return the rug, but she had to take it to UPS and that meant rewrapping it, they were paying for the return shipping. I ordered the 8 x 10 and when the rep put the order through it again came up as a 5 x 7. She called me later and said that the 8 x 10 was more money and that the site had been updated. I went back to the site and the price had not been updated. They refused to honor the price listed and I can not see how their mistake is my loss. I have never run into a problem like this before and will never do business with them again and I am warning the rest of you. I have spent so much time on this crazy problem and will shop elsewhere. Shame on them.

• Me
      22nd of Jun, 2011

My dealings with CSN in addition to the policies of UPS - have left me stranded away from home for 3 days waiting for a bed that they incorrectly handled. I cannot do the details now, it was far to stressful and debilitation. This is worse than any futuristic novel predicted the word would become. The people there are trained to be inhuman and play by a book of rules that cuts out all customer service. Beware.