Crunch Fitness - Chicago, IL / gym or pick pockets
My wife registered at the Crunch Fitness Center near her work place when we lived in Chicago. About 3 months ago when we were in the process of moving to Maryland she tried to cancel her gym membership, that was when our problems started. She was informed by the gym that she needed to have proof that she was moving from the Chicago before she can cancel her contract. The gym also required a 30 days notification with a utility bill which was the only proof they would take. Well; what that means is that if I moved to leave with a family member because I could not afford to rent a place yet I would still need to pay my gym membership even though I would not be using the gym. Moreover the requirement of a 30 day notice with a utility bill means that in the best of circumstance one will have to pay for 2 mths after physically leaving the gym location.
Well we have been in MD since October and only rented a place so Crunch is still charging my wife for a service that is not rended. I believe strongly that this is nopt business at all but robbery. I suggest that they gym re-examine their policies.
More Crunch Fitness - Chicago, IL Complaints & Reviews
- Crunch Fitness - steal people's money 
- Crunch Fitness - unauthorized credit card charges 
- Crunch Fitness Gym - Hialeah - cancellation
- Crunch Gym - billing harassment 
- Crunch Fitness - poor management
- Crunch Fitness - Unauthorized repeat withdrawls fro checking account
- Crunch Fitness - customer service
- Crunch Fitness - cleanliness
- Crunch Fitness - no hot water
- Crunch Fitness - membership