Cox Communications / internet service

Cox Communications
121 S Martin Luther King Blvd
Las Vegas
Phone: 702-383-4000
Paying for 50 Mbsp Internet service with wireless capability but only receive half that on wired service and get .98 to 2.20 Mbsp on wireless rendering most of our equipment unable to use the service at all since it's always "loading" or crashes. Been having problems with this for years and no resolution and no real options in Las Vegas to have other providers. Disconnected all other services with them and only left internet, now the lastest since speaking to them last night when they once again promised credits on account for non-service and more... is got price increase on the internet service!!! Got a technician that said "nothing is wrong" another one said "connection is wrong on outside of building" while a supervisor said "too many people on the network and described "throtteling" to a T, even gave me an app for the cell phone to check service and change channels on the router. In short, have not have the paid for service in years and now they want us to pay more?!?!?!?! I'm writing to the FCC, Consumer Affairs with the State of NV, but no real help from anyone, HELP!

N  7th of Nov, 2011 by

COX Communications - Stay away
Cox Communications

Cox will screw you at every turn when they bii you. They add servics you dont order, they will miss apply payments, then turn your service off without warning, and make you jump through so many hoops to get back on line. Stay away.
N  7th of Jul, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Sounds like you must have a miserable life saying lies like that. NO company out there says, "I think we should just screw the customer every day". That may be YOUR opinion, but it's a false statement. The only time it seems anyone's bills get messed up with any company out there is when they can't pay their past bills, or they want to try this or that and then they wonder why their rates went up. Well let me tell you something. My water rates four years ago was only $25 a month, but thanks to a new water tower my rates are at $44.00 a month. Do I blame my cable company for it? NO! That's life, Everything is going up. Why in the world is everyone only focused on cable companies when satellite is doing the same even with gas etc. Give me a break people.
N  9th of Oct, 2012 by

COX Communications - no internet access
cox communications

We asked for wifi for the house and they sent a combination modem/router. When this didn't work they said we would have to pay $60 more to get wifi ... what a scam!
N  26th of Nov, 2012 by
I spoke to a very rude man (Cleveland). He made me feel as though I was incompetent. And he even had the nerve to tell me that maybe I should speak to someone else that could help me. Cox should listen to their recordings, it may help them see that their representive cares very little about customers and only about "the background" of the call and taking care of his child.
N  18th of May, 2015 by
UPDATE: 5/18/15 - Just spoke to Technical Support and Retention Dept, spoke with Supervisors in both and was told they could send me another technician (there's been over 20 and I have 6 different routers in the closet too) to fix things, really? Retention Dept Supervisor Doug Ext 72151511 told me to cancel the service since I complain too much, I'm not on their Premium Bundle and said they didn't need "cordcutters" taking up their time from "actual" customers! There was nothing they could do and that I wasn't eligible for any discounts or offers either, unless I upgraded there would be no service for us. So there you go, here is a company that doesn't want regular customers and if you complain about their service you will not get support and they will make you cancel so they won't have to deal with you. THIS IS FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION AND SHOULD BE ILLEGAL! I am filing a complaint with the FCC, the State Attorney's Office and any other place or entity I can think of, this is a disgrace!

Cox Communications Logo Cox Communications