Cox Communications / over head wiring

Cox Communications has left a mess across my property. They were on the property on Monday to fix some sort of breakage in the line. They did not complete their work and left wiring down as low as 3 to 4 feet off the ground across about 2 acres of property. The lines are tagged with streamers over my driveway. When I call, the customer service center only knows how to get a technician here to my house for my service. He said the earliest he can schedule someone is "Tuesday". This is not a home issue with regard to service, it is a safety issue. Any child can pull that wire down. I told him he was putting his company at risk and he stuck with his ability to only schedule on Tuesday. I would hope that Cox could see this is a very UNUSUAL situation that requires more attention than "we will have a tech check it out". When I told him a tech was here yesterday to fix my outage, I was told that no one was here. ???????? Really??????My service was out, I could describe the man...and I am typing this email on Cox service. What is wrong? I was also told that there was no record of Cox trucks being here Monday working on the high wires.

Please encourage people to train representatives to listen carefully before a customer gets this angry. Every once in a while there is a WEIRD problem that someone needs to come out and check. Right away.

R

Comments

• Ka
      30th of Mar, 2009

As Tech Reps they don't have the ability to have someone come out RIGHT AWAY. Doesn't matter if your cable box is on fire and you're running out of your house to avoid the flames. The Customer Support Rep has NO ABILITY to immediately send someone to your home.

7th of Jul, 2012

Well that would obviously be a temporary fix as you saw. The technicians can only do so much for what ever happened there in the first place. You never mentioned what happened or maybe you can't. They have to get contractors out there to hang new cable up in the air, and that does not always happed right away depending where it's at. If it's over driveways, then yes they would have no choice to get right on it, but if its where no traffic is, then it could be days. As far ask kids are involved, you keep your kids away, common sense. Cox can't keep mother nature or whoever else from damaging their lines etc. Put your self in their shoes.

• Et
      6th of Jul, 2013

Cox was grossly negligible by leaving not only a mess, but a fire and safety hazard on your property. In light of the loss of several firefighters in a recent wild fire, this point is driven home. SDGE (San Diego) was faulted for another wild fire due to their neglect of their equipment which was allowed to degrade to the point of being a fire hazard. I would have demanded a supervisor. If the supervisor refused to elevate the situation, then I would have contacted the home office and threatened a small claims action. Chances are, Cox outsource their field techs, but they are still responsible for the company they choose to represent them out in the field. You can also call the Fire Marshall on something like this. They can fine Cox and the subcontractor for violations. You can also contact your area to file complaints against a contract license for what they did. I'm certain if the home office knew they were going to be fine by the fire marshal, they would not hesitate getting someone out there to make things right.