Cox Cable / raising rates, and transferring rates!

1 KS, United States

We have the services of cox communications for cable tv, internet and phone services. As most places when we signed up there is a six month "cheap rate" and then it goes up from there, well it kept going up from $96.00, $112.00 to eventually $149.00 a month. Since the other options for our area were not any better we kept our current services. When we moved to another cox supported city we called to transfer our services since we figured it would be the easiest way to go about it. When I spoke to the representative, she was either "misinformed" or flat out lied to me about it only being $12.95 to transferr services. I had to move the equipment myself but someone would be there to hook it all up and make sure everything was running smoothly again. Made sense to me at the time! Got the recent bill and it's now 281.00!!! To transfer the services, they probably had to flip a switch or something like that) was $85.00 alone, phone $14.95. SO DONT USE COX COMMUNICATIONS! If you do, cancell your service and start it back up, it may be cheaper that way. I am WAY beyond upset...

Sc