Countrywide Timeshare Resales / Upfront advertising fee for selling property
I got a call from Natasha Caldwell from Countrywide saying they had a buyer for my timeshare. She wanted me to send $1250 upfront (to cover their advertising fees) and would call me back the same day with a closing date. I told her I was sceptical because I had been scammed out of $1400 a year ago by a company called Land Ahoy Properties in Orlando. They were going to list my property and "guaranteed" either sale or rental within 90 days. Yea right. Never heard a thing for a year (funny - 1 year to the day I get a call from this co. called Countrywide). Countrywide says Land Ahoy's out of business and they picked up the listing. When I told Natasha I'm not comfortable because I've been scammed before she had her "supervisor" call. He went on and on with this canned speach about how they have an offer for $23, 500 (I paid $10, 000) for my property, but I must send them the $1, 250 to cover the title search. When I told him Natasha said it was for an advertising fee he said she was misinformed and he'd have to talk to her.
At any rate I told him I'm not interested because I don't want to lose another $1250 on top of the $1400 I lost last year. He asked to speak to my husband. We had a hard time getting him off the phone. Finally he must have gotten frustrated because he told my husband he would transfer him back to Natasha - but of course Natasha never got on the line so he hung up.
Today, I got another call from the "supervisor" at Countrywide (Mr. Boros). Again, it was this long canned speach about how legit this offer is but he can't show me anything that proves there is a bonifide offer because that would be against the law. I told him unless I have some proof that I can take to a lawyer he's not getting any money. He went on and on but I finally had to tell him I'm not interested because I'm not comfortable and hung up on him.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU'LL NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN.
I tried to contact my attorney general but have been unsuccesful.
More Countrywide Timeshare Resales Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank of America - bank causing high overdrawn account & unnecessary fees
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud department
- Bank Of America Corporation - credit card
- Bank Of America Corporation - rewards program
- Bank Of America Corporation - location