Countrywide Timeshare Resales / Upfront advertising fee for selling property

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I got a call from Natasha Caldwell from Countrywide saying they had a buyer for my timeshare. She wanted me to send $1250 upfront (to cover their advertising fees) and would call me back the same day with a closing date. I told her I was sceptical because I had been scammed out of $1400 a year ago by a company called Land Ahoy Properties in Orlando. They were going to list my property and "guaranteed" either sale or rental within 90 days. Yea right. Never heard a thing for a year (funny - 1 year to the day I get a call from this co. called Countrywide). Countrywide says Land Ahoy's out of business and they picked up the listing. When I told Natasha I'm not comfortable because I've been scammed before she had her "supervisor" call. He went on and on with this canned speach about how they have an offer for $23, 500 (I paid $10, 000) for my property, but I must send them the $1, 250 to cover the title search. When I told him Natasha said it was for an advertising fee he said she was misinformed and he'd have to talk to her.

At any rate I told him I'm not interested because I don't want to lose another $1250 on top of the $1400 I lost last year. He asked to speak to my husband. We had a hard time getting him off the phone. Finally he must have gotten frustrated because he told my husband he would transfer him back to Natasha - but of course Natasha never got on the line so he hung up.

Today, I got another call from the "supervisor" at Countrywide (Mr. Boros). Again, it was this long canned speach about how legit this offer is but he can't show me anything that proves there is a bonifide offer because that would be against the law. I told him unless I have some proof that I can take to a lawyer he's not getting any money. He went on and on but I finally had to tell him I'm not interested because I'm not comfortable and hung up on him.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU'LL NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN.

I tried to contact my attorney general but have been unsuccesful.

An

Comments

• Mo
      22nd of May, 2008

I have dealt with countrywide timeshare in the past and had a quite pleasent expierience with this company! I payed them $1, 497.00 for a "lifetime" rental plan with option to sell...within 2 weeks I had 3 offers for the rental as well as an offer for the sale. I didnt accept the offer for the sale but i did rent the property for $1, 600.00

• Ti
      6th of Jun, 2008

I ALSO HAD WORKED WITH NATASHA CALDWELL AND I HAVE GOT GREAT RESULTS. MY TIMESHARE WITH MYSTIC DUNES IN ORLANDO WAS SOLD! I WAS OFFERED 29, 900 FOR THE PROPERTY AND SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS LATER I GOT A CHECK IN THE MAIL, MINUS THE MONEY I OWED WHICH WAS TAKEN FROM THE PROCEEDS, AND TO GET STARTED WITH THE PROCESS I PAID 1450.00. I DISAGREE AND AM SORRY FOR YOUR OUTCOME BUT ALSO I HAD MY TIMESHARE SOLD AND DONE WITH. I'M COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THEM!!!

11th of Jun, 2008

I was scammed to out of $1350 for my mystic dunes property which i was told my property was sold. What a joke I feel like such a loser falling for this scam. I would love to see proof from either of the people who have had success with this company. I believe it is the same company writing that they have had success. COUNTRYWIDE TIMESHARES is the biggest scam company around. NEVER trust them. I will tell you the truth is my property is sold or my $1350 is returned. Until then BEWARE!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM. I will let it be known until they go out of business or I get my money!

11th of Jun, 2008

Natasha did you write these good comments about yourself? I would love to hear from you because noone else at your company will talk to me! Noone I have deal with even work there anymore! GREAT SCAM you have! Lance Bachelder. 516 374 3520

12th of Jun, 2008

I did make contact today with a helpful woman in the office I will let everyone if I have a break through. I will write everyday and I only speak the truth.

16th of Jun, 2008

This company is a joke!! They contacted us regarding selling our timeshare in Floris (Mystic Dunes) in Feb '08. The person we spoke to was Kate at ext. 3003. She had said they had a buyer for our property that was offering $23, 500. This sounded too good to be true but my wife insisted we hear what they say. I told them I needed a couple of days to think about it. She called several times after and left messages on our answering machine that they had an immediate and confrirmed buyer and all we needed to do was pay the fee and our deal would be started. I called her back and after negitiating with her and her "supervisor" we agreed on $500 for them to start the process with the understanding that if the deal fell through we would receive a full reufnd. Well after several weeks and not hearing or seeing anything I called again and again and was never able to get ahold of "Kate". I did manage to speak to her once but she was so frazzled that she pushed me off on some other guy. His name was "Sean Thomas" and his extension was 3012. Sean was supposedly handling the escrow portion of our transaction. He said that everything should have been back and gave some big appology and said he would "look into it". After another week he called after I threatened to take them to court saying that there was a mistake on the title report and they needed to submit it again. So another week goes by and he called to say that the closing documents went out and I should receive them in 2 days. 2 days and nothing so I called. He said he would send them again, nothing still. So I called again and all of the sudden he's gone. No longer works for the company. The receptionist said he got called back to the National Gaurd. So I asked for a supervisor and got a "Frank Johnson" this time. He was very appologetic and explained no one knew "Sean" was being recalled. He tried to say that "Sean" left a lot of open files that didn't move off his desk. Now is when it gets good! He said "Sean" never did anything with our file and that the "buyer" cancelled the deal a month ago! A month ago????? He again appologized and said that he was working with the "President/Owner" of the company and was authorized to make things right. He said we could either receive a full refund or he would relist our property with thir "platinum service" which puts us on some stock exchange type ticker and gives us the highest level of exposure. I told him I wasn't interested and I wanted the refund. He agreed to my request and said he would need the final sign off my the owner which would take about 2 days and then the refund would be processed. That was over a month ago. I have since tried calling the company and "Kate", "Sean" and "Frank" no longer work for the company. I was told I need to speak to "Jessica" who is a supervisor but have never been able to speak to her. I was then give "Jennifer" at extension 237 who supposedly handles refunds. I tried calling her and left messages for a week until I finally sat on hold and waited for her for an hour! After I spoke to her she said the best she could do is give me $200 back. I told her that was not what I was told and would not accept it. She tried pulling the usual "you signed a contract" and I told her to go back and look at what I signed and faxed.

I covered my tail with these guys knowing they might pull something fishy. The contact they sent had "N/A" through just about everything except for the sales price, resort name and my name. I ammended the contract on their paper and also outlined the terms of our deal on the cover page of the fax. I also made sure to choose my words wisely when they do their normal "recorded for verification" process that says they didn't give you "the name" of a buy and so they don't get caught for bait and switch. I also made sure to save any phone conversations they left on my machine and also records of all phone calls/faxes.

So after I told her I had all this she got quiet. She said she would need to speak to their "legal team" to see if they can authorize it. She said to give her 24 hours and she would have an answer for me. 24 and nothing. So I called, and called, and called. 7 days calling and not once a return call. I have left message after message for them and I only get the receptionist. The thing I find funny is they have changed their phone greeting and the people who answer. When I first started calling there was 2 grumpy women who always answered. Now it sounds like some teen who needed a job.

Needles to say I am now contacting the State Attourney General for CA, FL and PA (where they are located). I am also contacting the Better Business, Department of Real Estate and my lawyer.

If anyone would like to contact me regarding this feel free to. I set up an email account just for this. chrisbfreeman@hotmail.com

• Ri
      9th of Sep, 2008

I recceived the phone call also. While the manager was talking I found this comment board. I'vebought and sold many propteries and never as a seller have I put money up front. When I told him I wasn't interested he said 'Have fun paying your yearly maintnenace fees." I guess he wasn't happy about losing. But He said exactly what is in the other comments right down to the money amount $1, 400, that they wanted.

• Da
      9th of Sep, 2008

I got a call from Sun Property Networks out of Boston MA 800-497-5860 today indicating they had an offer on my timeshare. I do not have a contract with them to advertise my property. So they want $2097; down from their usual fee of $2497 since they already have a buyer. Price was too good to be true. I spoke with Michael Klimek who sent over the contract by fax. Of course they want money before they provide proof of an actual buyer. The inventory manager is supposed to call me tomorrow. I doubt he will. Especially since I told him I am an attorney. I asked Michael why Sun Property Networks website looks the same as Countrywide Timeshare, he said that Sun Property is a dba of Countrywide because of all the negative publicity Countrywide Mortgage is getting. I also told him of all the negative comments on this website. I am not going to get scammed. So watch out for Sun Property Networks also. I will willingly give them $2000 if this timeshare sells. But not until then.

• Te
      17th of Sep, 2008

I also was scammed by this company and Jennifer Ramirez is the worst person to deal with. i dont have time to explain everything right now but i will get back to u guys later!!!

• Ti
      24th of Sep, 2008

I also received a call from someone asking if I wanted to sell my timeshare so I said maybe and they had someone call me back. 30min. later I got a call from Sun Properties Network and they said they had a buyer for my timeshare and there were no fees other than legal fees that the buyer pays. She is faxing me the contract and I will have my own attorney read it but it sounds too good to be true. The phone number is 800-497-5860 but could not find any info at the BBB or any website but Countrywide's website came up along with this complaintboards website. I tried countrywide and they had the same type of phone service tell me to hold while I get connected...any one have any ideas? I'll wait for the contract...

• Ro
      17th of Oct, 2008

Just had a call from this Sun properties..again the price sounds to good to be true. They were suppose to send the contract through...we will wait and see what they have to say. I must say thank you to the other posters for a in sight to this company.

• Co
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I have also recieved MANY phone calls from this company called Sun Property Networks and I am begining to think that they are a SCAM. My husband and I are dealing with a gentleman named Clay Alexander, and it apprears that Mr. Alexander also misinformed us about some details. He began to ask my husband for our bank account information and I grew VERY weary about the situation and then began to question why he needed our account number and so on. The then stated that it is so they know where to send our "check" and so that we will no "screw" them over after they deposit "our check" I then began to question what his licence number is, why is it that everything has to be faxed but when we bought our timeshare we spent 3 hrs in person with someone to buy it but we only need a fax machine to sell it, why they cannot mail a bankers check to us and the then replied that it is against the law! BULL CRAP!!! My husband did give Mr. Alexander our account number and two days later a REP. from his company called stated that we needed $2049.00 in our account for closing costs, then the woman stated that it was going to be put in an escrow account. Mr. alexandier NEVER informed us of any of this! We recieved paper work from Sun Properties and the paper work was no completed by their company. It only had my husbands name, address, My resort name, and the price that they are paying us for which is 1/2 what they said they were going to pay us. Today alone I have called the 1-800-497-5860 number a numerous amounts of times and a recording kept comming on saying" you're caller one, please stay on the line for the next avl. rep." They it began to say" all Reps. are on the line please leave a message" Ok I did so I did just that I left Plenty of messages and no phone call back. Finally I wanted to know if it's that they have caller ID for some reason and I proceeded to call from another phone and sure enough they did answer the line and said Mr. Alexandier is on lunch... WOW HE SURE DOES EAT ALOT!!! HE IS ALWAYS ON LUNCH OR AT A CLOSING!!!

IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A LEGIT COMPANY THAT DOES BUY TIME SHARES AND THAT ISN'T A SCAM PLEASE EMAIL ME C0LLEEN79@MSN.COM!!!

12th of Nov, 2008

Yesterday (11/11/08) I received the same persistent call from a Melissa Fuentes of Sun Property Networks saying they had an offer of $54k for my timeshare at Mystic Dunes Orlando Fl. They fax me what she refered to as a "pre-sales" contract for me to sign. BTW, the call was in Spanish so it seems theya re branching out.

The document was sort of like a listing agreement not a pre-sales contract and it stated a $1500 "cost of advertising until your property is sold/rented". A couple of hours later I received a call from Victor, the broker from Miami, saying they had a qualified buyer ready for me. BUT... they needed the $1500 upfromt to start the legal processing. When I said I'll think about it and hang up, I received a call from Melissa again saying the fees where needed by "administration" from them to send us the contract.

I did a WHOIS search for their website and it has only been active since 8/28/08 (only useful information there) and it looks fishy.

My wife and I confronted her with the information we had on the fine print of the fax they asked us to sign back to them and this is how it went:

The document said that Sun Property Networks is an "advertising company" and the "company is not involved in any negotiation for the sale or rental of your property". She answered with the standard bla bla bla that they, "the company" ( almost never mentioning Sun Property by name) needed to verify that we were the real owners and they needed our bank account information to complete a wire transfer. They even raise the offer to $55k.

They mentioned the verification department and the recorded conversations for our security but when my husband offer to send a check by mail instead they put us on hold. They came back with an Orlando FL mailing address supposedly where the admin/billing department is located. The Sun Prop. Net. are located in Boston and she was calling from Boston but to send the check to Orlando. However, she emphasized that after receiving the check that they will call us back for verification and that we HAD to tell/"confirm" then the bank information for a wire transfer. I asked why they couldn't call our bank directy to confirm but she said no.

We are not sending any money nor giving any information. Thank you for your postings it has been very helpful. I wish my comments also help somebody else. If anyone is seeking legal action against Sun Properties or have legitimate buyers for a timesharing you can contact me at jarodriguez@centennialpr.net

• Ca
      18th of Nov, 2008

My mom received the same call from the "Melissa Fuentes" stating they had a buyer who was willing to pay $38, 000 for our time share. She told Melissa I will call her back as I do all negotiations for her.

I knew it was a scam from the get go, who's going to pay 38K for a time share in these markets where you can get a condo (foreclosure) for about the same?. I went online and googled the number, and obviously was referred to pages of complaints against these people.

I am takting the time to write this b/c I hope people don't fall for this kind of scams. I have listed our phones on the "do not call list" but apparently it does not work. If it sounds "too good to be true" it is, please NEVER under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES give your bank acount number. ssn, no information, PLEASE. We need to protect ourselves. Always in case of doubt do a little research, go online, call the 1-800-497-5860 from a restricted line and figure out if it's a real company...I am sure they hired a couple of people to answer the phones but its obvious these people are shady. Just be exxtremely careful, especially now, people would do anything to get your money.

• Zy
      25th of Nov, 2008

Timeshare owners beware!

My recent experience: I received a cold call from Sun Property Networks. She said she has a buyer for my time share, and another guy had to call me back with the offer amount. Clay Alexander called me a few minutes later and offered me $37, 650, more than double what I paid for my timeshare in today’s rapidly declining market. We talked for a bit and I said I want everything in writing. He said he could only fax the documents to me in 15 minutes.
    - I do not own a fax, so I wanted the docs sent to my email, and he said they were not allowed to do that and it was against the law. That’s odd… I just purchased a $400, 000 home and sent all the docs to the title company by email.
    - Then he asked what type of condo was it and was it annual or semi-annual. How is it that Sun has a buyer for my condo and they did not know this information?
    I waited for the docs to be sent to my work fax. The docs never came.
    While I waited, I looked online for anything about Sun Property Networks. Here are a few things I found.
    - Sun Property Networks - www.sunpropertynetworks.com/
    - Their phone number, 800-497-5860, also belongs to Countrywide Timeshare (aka Country Wide Timeshares), http://www.countrywidetimeshares.com/
    - Both of the Countrywide Timeshare and the Sun Property Networks web sites are identical right down to the street address and suite number
    - Their address: 71 Commercial Street, Suite 300, Boston, MA 02109
    - My Caller ID displayed: 617-207-5385
    - They are not listed with the Boston Better Business Buraeu - http://boston.bbb.org/
    - Countrywide Comments & Complaints - https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/countrywide-timeshare-resales-c68504.html
    - More Comments - http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-617-207-5385#pwThnHPdLUwCXqAjLHUNkLA

The next day…
    Still no fax received.
    Another guy from Sun called me and asked if I had a chance to review the documents. I did not answer but did ask a few questions.
    1) Yesterday, I was told that you have a buyer. Do you really a buyer for my condo? This guy says they do not actually have a specific buyer; but rather, they have a bank of buyers that are on a waiting list to pre-qualified buy a condo.
    2) When did you change your name from Countrywide to Sun Property Networks? He answered with we have always been Sun Property Networks.
    3) Well then why are there two identical websites for Sun Property Networks and Countrywide Timeshares with the exact same street address and suite number? He denied any knowledge of Countrywide Timeshares.
    That’s when I said “I smell a scam and you can take your offer and stick it where the sun don’t shine!” and promptly hung up. I have not heard from them since.

2nd of Dec, 2008

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM SUN PROPERTY NETWORKS AND WAS TOLD THAT A BUYER WAS IN THE OFFICE AND WAS READY TO SIGN A CONTRACT FOR MY PROPERTY. THE AGENT MADE IT SOUND AS IT WAS A DONE DEAL--ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TO GIVE THEM MY BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER AND SIGN THE FAXED FORM. I WAS TOLD "THE COUPLE IN THE OFFICE HAD ALREADY SIGNED THE CONTRACT AND HAD SIGNED AT DOCUMENT THAT WOULD NOT LET THEM BACK OUT OF THE DEAL. IWAS TOLD I WOULD HAVE MY MONEY IN 3 WEEKS THAT THE PACKET FOR ME TO SIGN WOULD BE PUT IN THE MAIL IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. I WAS INSTRUCTED TO SIGN ALL THE PAPER WORK IN BLUE INK AND TO HAVE IT NOTRARAIZED. I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE PACKET AND I CANT REACH ANYONE BY PHONE. I KNOW I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED .

• Sp
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Hello all. I received a call from Ms. Erica Palacios from Sun Property Network just a few hours ago; you just know the script!!! They are targeting the hispanic market because the call was in Spanish ( I am a hispanic living in Miami).
    The odd thing is that Ms. Palacios called just ten minutes after I contacted Club Navigo to verify my account ( do they have contacts inside the timeshares companies?)

Still waiting for the broker phone call. Thank you all for your comments.

miamiman_1999@yahoo.com

19th of Jan, 2009

Sun Property Networks is a SCAM beware of this company!!! They will tell you everything that is in all these comments! I was scamed out of 1800.00!!! Also a lady in AZ was scamed out of 1497.00 ! The reason I know this is because sun property networks sent me her information by mistake and I contacted her and she was so greatfull to me she and I will now be working together to get or money back. And I think Lance Blachared for talking with me and giving me a little insight to what I may need to do to get my money back. I will be contacting the FBI and have already contacted a Lawyer. I hope more people will do the same because we need to put this company out of business. I will be posting a comment on this board everyday until I get my money back.

19th of Jan, 2009

If anyone would like to contact me if you have been scamed my email is amydavisbdd@yahoo.com Even if this company calls you please contact me because I would like to keep record of anyone this company contacts so we can make sure this does not happen to anyone else.

19th of Jan, 2009

The people who contacted me was Steven Levin and Jim Brown beware of these people they will go as far as giving out there cell phone number I don't know how these people sleep at night.