Countrywide Mortgage / Unorganized company

I have a complaint against Countrywide Mortgage.I live in Southeast Texas which was the area directly hit by hurricane Rita in September 2005. While we were evacuated I called Countrywide and notified them of what was going on and they suspended our payments until January 2006. We then began our regular payments as advised in January, and months later we were notified by Countrywide Mortgage that we now needed to pay them back for the three months we did not have payments. Countrywide then set up a repayment plan that began with a payment of $800 and the for the next six months we paid $650.05. Our regular monthly payments are usually $450.00. We made all payments to the exact amount and on time as advised. We finished the repayment plan in April 2007. At that time I was told our regular payments would began again in May, so I made our regular payment in May and then again in June,all payments are now current. The problem is ever since I finished the repayment plan I am being harassed by Countrywide because they will call or send letters saying I haven’t made a payment, or that we still owe 269.99. I have spent so much time on the phone with them trying to figure out where the error was made on their end,and no one can figure it out.On June 6,2007, I spent 1hr and 45 minutes on the phone with four different people, two of which I could not even understand because of their strong middle eastern accent. All four people I spoke with could not figure out where the error was made or give any explanation as to why I owe $269.99. I then get another phone call last night from a man who was calling from Countrywide to ask where my June payment was? I told him he must be kidding and gave him the confirmation number from the June payment. It seems like no one with Countrywide has a clue what is going on,they take my money every month and do who knows what with it? I am then put in a situation of not knowing what to do. I am not paying the money they say I owe,because they have no explanation for it, but yet they could easily report me to the credit bureau. What kind of company is Countrywide? I do know they are very unorganized, especially in the escrow department, because I have had problems with them even before the storm in 2005.I hope this story will be read by someone who is considering using Countrywide, and it will change their mind. I would advise them to use someone local who is easy to communicate with and with whom you can trust with your money.

Th

Comments

24th of Apr, 2009

We were pre-approved for a home loan thru Country Wide in February, and since that day, we had 4 closing dates. The day before our 4th closing date, which was the 10th of Apil, we were denied the loan. Due to a couple of overdrafts in March. They had us feeling up and down for 3 months. It went as far as the loan processor typing us a letter to take to HR Block showing a closing date on the 10th of April! Thank goodness we didn't take it with us when we did our taxes! Now we can't even think about buying a home for who knows how long. None of this being our fault. We were even approved for a VA loan! The office we went through is in Maitland, Florida. They are being taken over by Bank of America on the 27th of April. We are going to seek legal advice.