Countrywide Home Loans / misleading consumers
In october 2008 my husband and I contacted countrywide to obtain help with our home mortgage loan as I had lost my job and recently had a baby and we were finding it very difficult to make our mortgage payment. We were told by the extremely rude representative that as our account was current there was nothing they could do to help and to call in next month when we had a payment due. We called back in november and a representative took all our financial info and told us that we are spending over our income therefore there was nothing they could do and we had to cut our expenditure in order for countrywide to help us. My husband and I payed off some of our credit debt, sold our car etc to obtain help. We called back in december and january 2009 to get help, again rude representative told us there was nothing that can be done as we are current and there is no payment due on the account. I called back late february as finances were becoming tight and we used the very little savings we had to make mortgage payments. Again we were told by an extremely rude representative to call back when we had a payment due on the account.
I called back on march 3rd and was told by a supervisor that all the previous representatives that we had spoken with had been misleading us and there is nothing they can do until the new bill passed by obama is in effect and yet even after the bill goes into effect there may be nothing they can do to help us.
We have been sacrificing our health. We do not have health insurance, we do not have enough money to buy food or diapers for our baby and we don't have a car to travel with. We listened to countrywide and they did nothing but mislead us to poverty and now we have nothing!
More Countrywide Home Loans Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan - abusive customer service rep 
- Bank Of America Corporation - line of credit negative credit bureau reporting when mailing stalled 4 weeks
- Bank of America - debit card stolen
- Bank Of America Corporation - bank of america doesn't care about customer service in their branches anymore. 
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud dispute on credit card
- Bank Of America Corporation - holding funds