Countrywide Home Loans / stay away from countrywide

1 7376 Cahill AveInver Grove Heights, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: (952) 993-1016

Countrywide bought our loan a few months after we purchased our home. Everything was fine for a while until I started trying to refinance a few years ago. They would not work with me and made it impossible to go anywhere else for financing. They started rasing our payments 4 months before they were supposed to and they went from $1258 a month to $1938 a month in 1 year knowing full well that we couldn't afford that much each month. I was told by some snotty man at Countrywide that if they wanted they could raise the interest rate to 13.75% instead of the 11.125% rate they raised it to if we really wanted to push the issue.

I fought for 2 years to save the house and finally ended up losing it last month and had to move in with my mother-in-law until we can try to fix our credit reports and save a little money to move somewhere else.

I am VERY angry about this whole deal and want some justice. I want to Countrywide to have to answer to everyone they have wronged and have to apologize, not just to me, but ot America as a whole for the way they run their business. Everyone I have talked to about them has had nothing good to say about them.

Comments

• St
      28th of Jan, 2009

countrywide is playing games with all there customers thats what they do. they are being sued by everyone so the more houses they get they use is to pay off the investeer who is sueing them.

I have read web pages that former employees said there all about taking your home nothing eles they dont care what happens. If the news is right countrywide cant not pay out all there law suits. in time they will get theres.