Countrywide Home Loans / stay away from countrywide
Countrywide bought our loan a few months after we purchased our home. Everything was fine for a while until I started trying to refinance a few years ago. They would not work with me and made it impossible to go anywhere else for financing. They started rasing our payments 4 months before they were supposed to and they went from $1258 a month to $1938 a month in 1 year knowing full well that we couldn't afford that much each month. I was told by some snotty man at Countrywide that if they wanted they could raise the interest rate to 13.75% instead of the 11.125% rate they raised it to if we really wanted to push the issue.
I fought for 2 years to save the house and finally ended up losing it last month and had to move in with my mother-in-law until we can try to fix our credit reports and save a little money to move somewhere else.
I am VERY angry about this whole deal and want some justice. I want to Countrywide to have to answer to everyone they have wronged and have to apologize, not just to me, but ot America as a whole for the way they run their business. Everyone I have talked to about them has had nothing good to say about them.
More Countrywide Home Loans Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank of America - bank causing high overdrawn account & unnecessary fees
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud department
- Bank Of America Corporation - credit card
- Bank Of America Corporation - rewards program
- Bank Of America Corporation - location