Costco Wholesale Corporation / sample lady

United States Review updated:

I went into the Turlock, ca Costco on Thursday afternoon (1:30)with my 3 kids just to get waters& milk. My daughters love coming to Costco they get excited...especially for the samples. We walked by the pretzel samples and the lady was really nice, talkative and really selling the pretzels. Across the way was the Giradelli samples and I was there litterllay 3 feet away and my 4 year old daughter that followed my 11& 9 year olds. All while watching her. I figured since it was not a hot item she would be okay with keeping an eye on her since she was just 3 feet way. Well my daughter was excited that she got her own brownie and it fell as she tuned to walk back towards me. I walked towards her and picked up the brownie and threw it in the trash and as I did that the sample lady looked at me as if I did something Extremely bad telling me I should be with my kids at all times when getting samples. I was taken aback because I was not rude, I picked up the mess and I was there watching my daughter who feels she can do everything her older sister can do and then have someone make me feel so bad was uncalled for!! What really made me upset was the way and tone she said it. I did tell her I was right here with my other kids and she didn't have to say it so rude! I also work in customer service and there are ways to say certain things and when it comes to peoples kids and a stranger saying something it really can bother.

Costco can be extremely crazy at times and it just seems odd because I ALWAYS see kids grabbing samples on there own also because it can get crowded and now this lady says something! Just ruined my Costco trip today!!! Customer service needs to on check! Especially when members pay $$ a year.

Comments

• Wi
      18th of May, 2017

She is right and you are wrong. Period.

• @Wine Is Good Your entitled to your own opinion and that is okay👌🏻

• We
      19th of May, 2017

Keep your kids with you at all times. Neatdude is correct in there could be food allergies at work and then you would want to blame the sampler, the company they are providing samples for, the agency that the sampler works for and Costco itself.

• Ro
      20th of May, 2017

The people giving out samples at Costco, I believe, are called "demonstrators". Just to let you know, they are NOT employed by Costco, but by another firm. If you like, I can try ti get more information. Please let me know

24th of May, 2017

OMG, if you're really interested in legal aid I have a familiar lawyer Chris Pallante. Email me.

• Wi
      24th of May, 2017

@chris.pallante Lol. Do not encourage this nutjob.