Costco Wholesale Corporation / debit card transactions
I got gas at your facility in Hawthorne, CA. Later An alert came up that my card had been declined for the amount of $100. This was very disturbing for two reasons.
1. The amount of gasoline I purchased was below $100
2. There was no reason given for my card being declined.
I had to immediately contact my bank to find out if someone had drained my bank account and then Costco.
Costco explained to me that they always hold $100 from bank accounts when using debit cards for gas. Is this a national policy? It caused me considerable trouble.
Also, when I tried to explain what had happened, the Costco representative wouldn't even let me finish my sentence. I would have liked to confirm that we were on the same page regarding what had happened and why.
I had a very poor experience. Even if your actions are not illegal, they certainly show poor judgment in terms of good customer service. When I purchase products at Costco, do you automatically hold $100 from my bank account as well? Can you please explain the process to me
More Costco Wholesale Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Costco - organic whole milk contains fish oil 
- Costco - using ebt card 
- Kirkland Battery - warranty on battery 
- Costco - e shield insulation 
- Costco - ridiculous policy for a change of address - rude and discrmininating customer service 
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - ks chicken tortilla soup
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - tire center
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - lennox cool & heat system
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - customer service counter
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - the huge size of the new shopping cart