Costco / lack of consideration for canadian customers

1 Naples FloridaNaples Florida, United States Review updated:

I have been a Costco customer since 2000 & spend tens of thousands of dollars each year during our 5 month stay in Naples Florida.
I used an American Express card during all that time.
I am told now, both by your staff in Naples & by Citi Bank, that because I cannot provide an American Social Security Number (as a Canadian citizen, I am not eligible for one, & it is illegal for me to provide my Canadian S.I.N.)
Surely someone in your Company can address that issue. American Express continues to provide me with a card with a Credit Card limit of over $20, 000.
I'm sure you have access to my Credit Record with Costco. My Costco Membership number is [protected].
In my view, I am being cheated out of hundreds of dollars of benefits, because of your lack of insight into not recognizing this problem.
Fred Berlet
email [protected]@gmail.com
US address 10 Seagate Drive, Condo 2N
Naples Fl. 34103

Fr
Nov 22, 2016

Comments

• Co
      22nd of Nov, 2016

You don't have to be an American citizen to have a social security number. You do have to be here legally.

• Co
      10th of Nov, 2018

Have been a costco member for ages and this would be a first negative experience for me. Employee by the name of Rackel was so rude and unprofessional. First of all, you can't miss her...she looks like a night walker! Today she was wearing a skin tight leopard print jumpsuit that left little to the imagination (gross!) with this bad wig and tiara! I would have avoided her had I paid attention to who the cashier was especially with my two young kids in tow but next time i'll make sure to avoid that one. How costco hired someone like that is beyond my comprehension. Nice to have a friend in the naples police... something about her makes me very uncomfortable, especially with kids. Looks Nasty and her attitude is nasty too! I'll make a point of avoiding that at all costs!!! I feel sorry for her though- she obviously has a bad life, you can totally tell by looking at her.