Costco / employee

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States

My mom and I have been going to the century/ Inglewood location for several years. Let me start off by saying that in general, they don't have the friendliest staff. We live in downtown Los Angeles, but we are comfortable going to this location because we used to live nearby. My mom has been a member for over 10 years. Our experience is usually pleasant, but today 11/22/16 we went to shop for our upcoming thanksgiving festivities. It's bad enough that the shopping experience is usually stressful around this time. We were buying around 400 dollars worth of stuff. The cashier named "Nancy" was extremely rude! My mom accidentally brought the wrong membership card (my dads) but that has never been an issue before. They are under the same account. But this woman was extremely rude emphasizing that she shouldn't be letting us use that card because it wasn't her name on the card after ringing out every single item. When I told her that they were on the same account, and that it's never been an issue before it was as if a child talked back to their parent. She became infuriated and said that it was in the policy and she was calling over a supervisor. I told her that we were just trying to pay for our stuff, and she was adamant that she shouldn't be helping us out (even though my mom is on the same account). So the supervisor named Porsche came over, and pretty much reiterated what "Nancy" which I can't even be sure if that's her name since she wasn't displaying a name badge, said. That was extremely unprofessional! Nancy was arguing with me and supervisor Porsche instead of handling the situation from escalating was enabling Nancy. They didn't take into consideration that there was a long line, and that it would make better business sense to just finish the transaction. All that was left was to pay! She took us to the side as if we were criminals to search up the account. It took about 1 minute to look up the card info, and back we went to the same cashier. I was really upset by this time because not only were they wasting my time, they were wasting the other people in lines time too! Nancy was taking long ringing us out because since she voided the previous transaction, she had to re ring everything out again. She couldn't get it right, she totaled 7310.Then she tried ringing it out again, and again, and the worst part was her attitude. I had to make it clear to her that she wasn't doing us a favor by doing her job, and she remained arguing with me the whole transaction! She ended up calling her supervisor Porsche again, and she tried blaming another employee for her lack of training. All in all, the transaction took about 30 minutes to complete. I am really upset about the lack of professionalism, and how they handle situations. whats more upsetting is the fact that I can't find the contact to directly complain about this situation. My whole family, friends, and I are never going back to this location. And quite frankly, I don't think I'm ever renewing our membership again. At this rate, I might have to check out other competitors.

Ye