Continental Finance Company Master Card / Unauthorized charges!

I saw the advertisement for a credit card to rebuild my credit in Ocotber 2007. After completing the application, I was not told of any account processing fee of $99.00; Program Participation Fee of $89.00; Annual Fee of $49.00; and Account maintenance fee of $10.00 before getting the card. I just received a bill in the mail from Continental Finance Company, LLC, which states that I owe $247.00 before I even got the card. I still have not received the card but yet I owe this. I even tried to call the telephone numbers on the credit bill, only to find out that I need to call other numbers. After I called the other numbers, again I cannot even talk to their Customer Service about the bill.

Comments

• Li
      13th of Nov, 2007

I agree 100%!! I received my card in September 2007. I called them to activate it (had not received a bill yet). I was told that I had to give them my checking account info for automatic payment of $50.00 before they would activate my card and that I owed almost $300.00 in fees once the card was activated. I told them that I would not do that and did not want the card activated..I refused to give them my bank account info. October 7, 2007 I received an email from them saying that they had closed the account and that I no longer owed them anything since the account had never been activated. I am now RECEIVING bills and threats to be turned in to a collection agency because now they say I owe them two months plus overdraft fees. I am also getting threatening phone calls. I have contacted the company over and over and they say to throw the bills away and the phone calls will stop in a couple of weeks... so far it hasn't shown up on my credit reports but if it does I WILL SUE!!!

• Jl
      14th of Nov, 2007

I need to find out what is the appropriate regulatory agency that I need to lodge my complaint with in reference to this fraudulent Continental Finance Company, LLC Master Card. My situation is exactly the same as the first and second though I just received their card today and have NOT AND WILL NOT activate it after I saw the outrageous fees I have been charged.

WHO do I report these criminals to?

• Ap
      20th of May, 2008

are you guys serious? dont you read the terms and policies before you request an item? not to mention the activation fee is only a one time charge. Im grateful that they are here to offer someone like me with not so perfect credit a chance to repair it; which, is why I volunteered my checking account info in good faith.(which, I believe you did in order to get the card). You have got to take responsibility some day.

• Mg
      24th of Jun, 2008

In my case i did not oreder the card. I have tried diligently to reach someone in CS. I have recieved a bill with all types of fees. I did not request this card nor do i want this card. They must be out of thier minds.

Michael Garcia

15th of Nov, 2008

I receiced an E-mail from Continantal Card Web Deals on Sunday .january 06 2008 2:16 PM Subject : Would you like to get back in the game ? A Continantal Finance Card could help . untill now today I have not receid My winning prize payment. Ineed to provide me to find out what is the appropiate regulator agency that I need to loge my complaint with in reference. Thanks Lychibuu