Continental Finance Company Master Card / Unauthorized charges!

United States Review updated:
I saw the advertisement for a credit card to rebuild my credit in Ocotber 2007. After completing the application, I was not told of any account processing fee of $99.00; Program Participation Fee of $89.00; Annual Fee of $49.00; and Account maintenance fee of $10.00 before getting the card. I just received a bill in the mail from Continental Finance Company, LLC, which states that I owe $247.00 before I even got the card. I still have not received the card but yet I owe this. I even tried to call the telephone numbers on the credit bill, only to find out that I need to call other numbers. After I called the other numbers, again I cannot even talk to their Customer Service about the bill.

Comments

Li
  13th of Nov, 2007
I agree 100%!! I received my card in September 2007. I called them to activate it (had not received a bill yet). I was told that I had to give them my checking account info for automatic payment of $50.00 before they would activate my card and that I owed almost $300.00 in fees once the card was activated. I told them that I would not do that and did not want the card activated..I refused to give them my bank account info. October 7, 2007 I received an email from them saying that they had closed the account and that I no longer owed them anything since the account had never been activated. I am now RECEIVING bills and threats to be turned in to a collection agency because now they say I owe them two months plus overdraft fees. I am also getting threatening phone calls. I have contacted the company over and over and they say to throw the bills away and the phone calls will stop in a couple of weeks... so far it hasn't shown up on my credit reports but if it does I WILL SUE!!!
Jl
  14th of Nov, 2007
I need to find out what is the appropriate regulatory agency that I need to lodge my complaint with in reference to this fraudulent Continental Finance Company, LLC Master Card. My situation is exactly the same as the first and second though I just received their card today and have NOT AND WILL NOT activate it after I saw the outrageous fees I have been charged.

WHO do I report these criminals to?
Ap
  20th of May, 2008
are you guys serious? dont you read the terms and policies before you request an item? not to mention the activation fee is only a one time charge. Im grateful that they are here to offer someone like me with not so perfect credit a chance to repair it; which, is why I volunteered my checking account info in good faith.(which, I believe you did in order to get the card). You have got to take responsibility some day.
Mg
  24th of Jun, 2008
In my case i did not oreder the card. I have tried diligently to reach someone in CS. I have recieved a bill with all types of fees. I did not request this card nor do i want this card. They must be out of thier minds.

Michael Garcia
Ch
  15th of Nov, 2008
I receiced an E-mail from Continantal Card Web Deals on Sunday .january 06 2008 2:16 PM Subject : Would you like to get back in the game ? A Continantal Finance Card could help . untill now today I have not receid My winning prize payment. Ineed to provide me to find out what is the appropiate regulator agency that I need to loge my complaint with in reference. Thanks Lychibuu

Continental Finance Company Logo Continental Finance Company