Continental Airlines / Rude Svc Mgr and inflexible change fee

1 United States
Phone: 1-866-354-8326

I had a very disappointing call with the Continental Elite Priority Line yesterday and want to put in writing that the attitude from a Cust service manager; Ms Brooks from the Houston Regional Office was incredibly rude and unacceptable, it is upsetting to me how an otherwise great airline can have such bad eggs on their team. In short; I called to make a change on a reservation that had been made for 16 members of my family about 29 hours before the call. It was an error on our end in that the ticket for myself was incorreclty booked for the return one day later than it needs to be. Both my wife and I called in on the speaker phone and very politely explained the situation and knowing about the 24 hour change policy asked for the ticked to be changed and if they could wave the $150 exchange fee.
I have been a Platinum member at Continental for the last 6-8 years with almost 1 mil lifetime miles, and we were hoping for a swift and fair solution to the change request. Unfortunately, after having being bounced around for a while between representatives that could not answer or make any decision, we ended up with Ms Brooks, who we found to be quite rude, sarcastic and non-service oriented. She started out not even pretending to want to listen or discuss the request, but went straight into a rampage that this was the company's policy and that it didn't matter even if we had called 1 minute after the 24 hour policy. From her we clearly received the message that they had a booked reservation and didn't care about anything else than the payment.
Not being able to receive a waiver on the change fee isn't the end of the world to me, but the behavior experienced was so rude and obnoxious that being one of Continental's top customers, it really makes me wonder how much they really care about their customers, I generally like the airline and it is a shame that some can ruin so much for others. JU621908

Th