Conn's / worthless products

15235 S W Freeway
Sugar Land
Phone: 281-313-9200
I purchased a new refrigerator on 10/31/2008 that was advertised in the paper. On the due delivery date I was called and advised that the item was not in stock. Conn’s advertises that if the product is not in stock within 24 hours I may get another item at no extra cost. I was not afforded this opportunity and finally I received the product 14 days subsequent to the purchase date.

In the late evening of December 8, 2008 I arrived home to discover that the refrigerator had stopped working so I called for service the next morning. On December 10 the technician advised that a part would be ordered to arrive approximately December 23. I asked for a replacement due to the newness of the item and the significance of it to preserve the health and safety of my family. A refrigerator is not a luxury rather it is a health necessity. Conn's refused.

Following the expense of losing of hundreds of dollars worth of food, and no refrigerator during the Christmas holidays, on January 8 almost a month later a technician arrived with no ladder to reach the top of the refrigerator and had to stand on my kitchen chairs to perform the service. He could not repair the refrigerator. The technician advised that I had gotten what I paid for because the refrigerator should have cost twice what I paid. He gave me the name of a service manager Anthony who would talk to me concerning a replacement. Anthony was always too busy to talk to me but on January 9, 2009 I was advised by another rep Ruby that another part had been ordered and it should arrive on January 16, 2009 and another service call would be arranged to make repairs.

I purchased this product 71 days ago as an essential to keep food safe and healthy for my family. Since the purchase I have had 23 days of use less than 1/3 of the time that I paid for. Should the part arrive as scheduled on January 16 a Friday, repair may take place on approximately the 20th of January this adds another 11 days or 72% of the time I have been unable to use this product.

Conn's refuses to act in good faith and be responsible for selling me a faulty product. Conn’s has informed me that as long as they come every 30 days with a new part they don't have to replace this refrigerator.

Conn's Home Plus Logo Conn's Home Plus