Complete Nutrition / Customer Service

1 United States

I would like to start off with what a joke of a franchise. I have been to the complete nutrition in Burnsville, MN twice now with a gift card of $164.62. Not only were the associates force feeding me samples of stuff I did not want (I knew what I wanted when I walked in), they were not knowledgable of their own store. The examples will come at how much knowledge these kids had.

First, I received a gift card from my family for Christmas for complete nutrition. Tried using it at the Burnsville location in MN and the associate said "Sorry bro, different franchise gift card, can't help ya." Yes, those exact words. Secondly, he said I can order online with free shipping. Does he not know that his own store does not do online orders? Thirdly, I am standing in a complete nutrition store with a gift card and he is telling me to order online? I'm staring at the product I want. He then tells me to order it from Green Bay, WI (original gift card purchased). Why would I want it shipped? I want the product now. So I leave for my first time.

I proceed to call customer service and they return my phone call. They take down my gift card information and amount and said they will call the store location and walk them through on how to use my "special" gift card. At this point I'm pleased.

Go to the store this afternoon, some hot shot kid is blasting music and first words again were "Hey Bro.". I asked if anyone has been in contact with customer service and he goes "Nope." I ask him to check with someone and he called his buddy and said "Can't help ya. You're gonna have to call customer service again". Why do I have to call customer service AGAIN? AGAIN? Can't he call customer service. He also say's "Well I'm closing in 15 minutes". I don't care if you close in 5 minutes, help me out. Figure it out! He then laughs in my face and says "165 bucks on a gift card, ya right bro." Uhhhh yea bro, I want to use it too. So again I leave for the second time.

I call customer service once again and the lady said someone will call me back, now this time it will have to be on Thursday because of the holiday. Not only did I have to drive 20 miles there and back, I had to do it twice without any product.

Is this how all stores are run? Is this some sort of joke? I have never had any other problems and nutrition stores, and yes I'm mainly talking about GNC, and this by far is the worst experience.

I just want my product. Not too hard to fulfill.

Jr