Compass Bank / Can't wait to close my account!

I will be closing my account with Compass Bank shortly and can't wait! Why?

1. NSF fees are the highest--$38.00 a day!!! Compass Bank refuses to deposit your hard-earned money first. They prefer to debit all purchases NOW, then wait 3-4 days to finally credit your paycheck. By then, it's way too late!
2. They don't have "real-time banking". Like I said, I've always had to wait 3 days for any purchases to show up on Compass' Online Banking Website.
3. Unfortunately, I found out that Compass is VERY limited branch-wise...they're only like in 5 states. Imagine visiting a state that doesn't have one... major ATM fees! Since then, I've been going to grocery stores like Wal-Mart, paying for groceries and then getting extra money via checkout.
4. Free ATM's? Please, I don't know of many people who keep all of their receipts and mail them back to the bank. Who has time???
5. Since they rip-off lots of people through high NSF fees, I would seem to think that my Compass branch would look "palatial" on the outside. It doesn't. My branch building is OLD with paint peeling all over the outside and no car drive-up ATM. The inside is worse because they have lots of smelly, empty rooms with bland beige paint.

On the flip side, my NEW bank has:

1. TONS of branches nationwide--especially when I go to visit my parents. No more worrying.
2. Real-time banking on everything! I LOVE that!
3. Knowledgeable and professional employees
4. A nice, clean business-casual building inside and out. Nothing too "stuffy".
5. Drive-through ATM's.

Choose banks carefully... or else it WILL cost you sooner than later.

N  23rd of Jun, 2009 by
Compass Bank
Cullman, Alabama
Today I attempted to withdrawl money from my account and get two money orders for a Passport. I was told that they do not have money orders but can provide me with a Cashiers Check that would cost six dollars. I then told them that I was a customer and was suppose to get free checking etc... They checked my account and told me that the type of account I had does not provide this service. I then asked to close my account. They told me that I could not close until two pending transactions cleared. I understood and went to K mart and got two money orders for 69cents. I then returned to withdrawl all my money except for the money needed to clear the pending transactions. I have banked with Compass for several years. I always questioned certain charges etc... I now have come to the realization that they have been taking me for a ride! This is only my opinion.! Once these pending transactions clear I WILL CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!!!
A  7th of Apr, 2011 by
I love the title of this post!!! I feel the same way. BBVA Compass bank is a master of deception!!! Stay away from them. WORST BANK EVER!!

BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank Logo BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank
15 20th St. S Ste 1501