Compass Bank / can't wait to close my account!
I will be closing my account with Compass Bank shortly and can't wait! Why?
1. NSF fees are the highest--$38.00 a day!!! Compass Bank refuses to deposit your hard-earned money first. They prefer to debit all purchases NOW, then wait 3-4 days to finally credit your paycheck. By then, it's way too late!
2. They don't have "real-time banking". Like I said, I've always had to wait 3 days for any purchases to show up on Compass' Online Banking Website.
3. Unfortunately, I found out that Compass is VERY limited branch-wise...they're only like in 5 states. Imagine visiting a state that doesn't have one... major ATM fees! Since then, I've been going to grocery stores like Wal-Mart, paying for groceries and then getting extra money via checkout.
4. Free ATM's? Please, I don't know of many people who keep all of their receipts and mail them back to the bank. Who has time???
5. Since they rip-off lots of people through high NSF fees, I would seem to think that my Compass branch would look "palatial" on the outside. It doesn't. My branch building is OLD with paint peeling all over the outside and no car drive-up ATM. The inside is worse because they have lots of smelly, empty rooms with bland beige paint.
On the flip side, my NEW bank has:
1. TONS of branches nationwide--especially when I go to visit my parents. No more worrying.
2. Real-time banking on everything! I LOVE that!
3. Knowledgeable and professional employees
4. A nice, clean business-casual building inside and out. Nothing too "stuffy".
5. Drive-through ATM's.
Choose banks carefully... or else it WILL cost you sooner than later.
More Compass Bank Complaints & Reviews
- BBVA Compass Bank - frozen account 
- BBVA Compass Bank - non-sufficient funds charges 
- Compass Bank - holding deposits to generate nsf fees 
- BBVA Compass Bank - excessive nsf fee 
- Compass Bank - Vehicle Loan - crooked business! 
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - branch manager, and employees at northport alabama branch
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - closed account for no reason and holding on to the funds
- BBVA - credit card services
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - service bbva compass poor and rude customer service
- Compass Bank - service charges on an account that was closed 5 months ago.