Comcast / file complaint with ftc shut comcast down

1 Brunswick, ME, United States Review updated:

I too have been ripped off by comcast. Their service was so bad that when it came time to buy a house, we told our realtor it was required we were out of comcast service area. We refuse to deal with them at all. Our final bill paid and equipment was returned 10-22-10. On dec 2nd their collections department called and said we were 60 days late and our credit was scarred for a 60.00 bill we do not owe. The only way to stop these thieves is file fraud complaint with the ftc. Https://www.Ftccomplaintassistant.Gov/
If everyone who filed a complaint here, filed one with the ftc, comcast would be shut down once they were investigated. There are thousands of complaints against this company ripping people off. Until the ftc gets complaints, they will not be stopped.
File your fraud complaint with the ftc today!! Save others from the rip off company we have all had to deal with already.

Comments

21st of Jan, 2011

bad company

12th of Mar, 2016

For starts, I will be brief, but blunt.

Comcast as a company has many good qualities. SERVICE is NOT one of them. Approximately 3 weeks ago, I began to experience internment drops in audio(Through the Digital output), designed to provide 5 channel Dolby Digital Surround. A big part of the hi-def TV experience. A week ago, the sound to my AVR completely quit. AT the time, we blamed the culprit on a failed RNG200 (Motorola) cable box, supplied as part f COMCAST service. SO, a few days ago, I called COMCAST to report the problem. AND, that''s where the fun began. Every tech, (3 by this time), had a different answer, and possible fix. After digging through both the TV setting and trying to adjust the AUDIO settings, as recommended by one of the tech, I came to the conclusion, these people, didn't have a clue what they were doing / or what I was trying to explain. I have an audiophile for over 35 years, and these people d8idn't understand a word I was saying. SO, bottom line, so what CONCAST has done, is disable the DOLBY Digital system, through a lame menu system, which allows for Mono, Stereo (PCM), and Matrix, enhanced PCM. BUT o switch to ENABLE the 5.1 audio out. OOOPS!!! I also discovered, this was a firmware issue, and "WAS being reviewed by COMCST, yet no plans to correct the problem? What the hell? Are you kidding me?
    So, we are supposed to put up with crappy TV speakers, instead of our theater system, because COMCAST can't code it's cable boxes correctly? This a joke. And after being tossed back and forth on the phone, ( and politely hung up on, twice, ) I have prtty much had it.
    What are my options