Clayton Homes

Posted:

Cardboard house

Clayton Homes
Everything about this house is as cheap as it gets! Just about all the paneling has fallen off. The french doors leak when it rains, even after the service guy came out and "fixed" it.

NONE of the holes where the pipes come up into the house were sealed off, making this house extra mice friendly! After sealing off all the wholes and killing all the mice and disinfecting everything myself, the bathrooms started to reek of mice urine again and we ended up having to rip up our bathtubs AND sinks to find they were entering the house through a hole 3 times bigger than it needed to be for the water pipes!

And the skirting was so cheap that the one or two times it hailed lightly in 3 years punctured right through it, then the wind blew off some of the skirting, allowing other animals to take up housing!! Also allowing the feild mice to get under our house, crawl in our walls and die, leaving us smelling decaying flesh! And now they are in our A/C ducts!

All the knobs in the house are too cheap and dont work right either. The back door knob and the french door knob dont lock, we have to use only the dead bolt and the one on the back door is almost impossible to do. You have to pull the door REALLY tight to get it to lock.

There is 1-1/2 inch gap (some have bigger) under all the doors in the house and some are unlevel and wont stay open, but because of the enormous gap, I cant use a door stop. The carpet is cheap. The shingles fly off our roof as if they weren't even attached.

We practically live in a cardboard house. Just a shove busted open our front door.

I called and asked them what do to about the infestation in my A/C ducts, we are breathing mice urine and feces! And they are chewing holes in the ducts, so our room is always hot!! And the guy said nothing can keep mice out and that he would talk to the service department and call me back...guess what? No call back!

I can keep going, but I'm getting very angry so I'll end it right here. You all get my point.
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Building, Construction

Comments

A  15th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I surely agree. I have had serious roof leakage problems and watched as they tore off the original roof material. I could not believe the shoddy work on the roof that had been covered up. I am launching a class action suit against Clayton, Golden West and Oakwood Homes in Lacey WA. Want to join? Get everyones name and email address, mine is: evelynbernie@coastaccess.com. I am hiring a local attorney to get things started. I will contact the local Newspaper when I get enough names from my area, Grays Harbor County, WA. Bernie Haley. I have photos, past emails, etc. These homes are an embarrassment to the housing industry.
A  26th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I agree...to a point. My Clayton has a leaking METAL roof, poor door knobs, GIGANTIC holes in the floor for the plumbing (I crawled underneath and closed them with expanding foam). They used OSB board for EXTERIOR TRIM! Can you say sponge? Perhaps my biggest problem are the poor quality of doors - their design conducts water into the house, and now the doors themselves are falling apart! Also, EVERY MAJOR APPLIANCE (A/C, vent-hood, vent fans, & water-heater) except the dishwasher have been replaced by me. The only reason the dishwasher is OK (probably) is because we don't use it.

In their defense, the skirting (I assume it's plastic) is cheap, no matter where you buy it. I've accidentally knocked holes in ours with the weed-eater!

I understand that I live in a mobile home (I hate when they call it "manufactured home!") - it's a freakin' trailer house! I don't expect it to be perfect, and it's temporary until we build a real home of our own. But, I agree - this is ridiculous!
A  27th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
i also have had the same problems .My home was $ 70, 000 and is falling apart, the french doors leaked and rotted floor, spare bathroom shower was leaking an i didn't know, so floor an wall also rotted, fireplace leaks, even the lights have shorted out, carpet wrinkled up, insalation has deteriated.This house is'nt even 3 years old and i can go on an on, they lied to me about the warrenty, "said it had a 20 yr' that was a lie, they came out to fix but said could'nt be .i cannot find a attorney to sue them so i am stuck with this piece of sht.that is falling down around me my power bill went from $100 a month to $4oo a month in just the last 4 months, simpley because of insalation, so you now here every car that goes down the road when you use to not hear them.this is a southern energy home that was purchased from clayton homes in leeds alabama.this is a clear case of bad quality manufactoringso if you know a way to sue them pleas let me know, my name is trena and my e-mail is hardy@coppernet thank you
A  14th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
Would like to know about any class action suits against Clayton or Imperial Homes Construction in Chehalis, WA.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree