CitiMortgage / escrow mishandling

This has got to be the worst and most incompetent mortgage company out there. I used to think it was Countrywide but perhaps their record has been topped. CitiMortgage, during the poor transition of my account from Countrywide, made duplicate payment of my insurance and tax payments after Countrywide had also paid and as a result, my escrow balance went into the negative. Rather than acknowledge and fix the error, they pointed fingers at Countrywide. They further compounded the problem by telling me they were going to base my 2009 tax payments on what was paid in 2008. How stupid! They said they were doing so b/c they did not have access to 2009 information. I've told them repeatedly that I have the information but they fail to consider it. I have since sent in $1481 for escrow and they have yet to appl;y it to the account, rather it is sitting in an "un-applied funds" pot. They have literally turned routine mortgaging into a nightmare.

Comments

• Ho
      15th of Dec, 2009

EVERY YEAR I HAVE BEEN RECIVING MY ESCROW CHECK TO PAY MY TAXES AT THE BEGINNING OF DECEMBER. I CHECKED TODAY AND WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE MAILED OUT TODAY. I CHECKED LATER IN THE DAY AND NOTICED NO ACTIVITY ON MY ACCOUNT. WHEN I CALL UP I'M NOW TALKING TO SOMEONE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND I CANT GET A REASONABLE ANSWER AS TO WHY I DONT HAVE MY ESCROW CHECK TO PAY MY TAXES. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM CITIMORTGAGE, BUT THIS IS NOT VERY GOOD AT ALL. THERE WAS NO NOTICE THAT THE CHECKS WERE COMING AT A LATER DATE. NO EXPLANATION ON THE WEBSITE OR ON MY ACCOUNT ON THE WEBSITE. YOUR CUSTOMERS DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS. I EXPECT BETTER THAN THIS. I DOUBT IF ANYONE WILL LET THE PUBLIC KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMONE WOULD LOOK INTO THIS. THANK YOU.