Menu
ServiceMac Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

ServiceMac
reviews & complaints

www.servicemacusa.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.0 32 Reviews

ServiceMac Complaints Summary

16 Resolved
0 Unresolved
Our verdict: With ServiceMac's perfect complaints resolution rate, you can expect exemplary service. However, it's beneficial to read beyond the numbers. Explore detailed customer reviews to understand the context behind their success. Familiarize yourself with the full range of services offered by ServiceMac and prepare clear communication for any interactions. Keeping a personal record of your dealings will help you navigate their services effectively and ensure your satisfaction with their performance.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for ServiceMac has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ServiceMac. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

ServiceMac reviews & complaints 32

Filter reviews by rating
16 reviews
Sort by:

Newest ServiceMac reviews & complaints

2:46 pm EDT

ServiceMac Horrible follow system management

Total headache. Every costumer service representative I have talked to tried to be helpful and was friendly. The issue is this companies system and how it operates. We had numerous issues when he had a house fire in 2022. And let me tell you being stressed out with the fire is plenty you don’t need extra [censored] from your mortgage company not paying contractors making more work for you. Well a whole year later they still haven’t updated my account from the closed fire damage claim and deliver to pay my insurance policy.

ServiceMac Horrible company

Horrible company. We are trying to revise our mortgage and cannot get answers as to what else is needed to get this completed. This has been going on three weeks and customer service cant help. Loss mit says they will contact us with answers but then never do. We are chasing our tails. And Servicemac, dont leave a message about how sorry you are and that we need to call you. YOU CALL US WITH ANSWERS! Horrible company! I dont like that they are messing with our mortgage and dont seem to care what the repercussions are! I will be contacting my state AG, filing a complaintsboard.com complaint, contacting my loan originator about what a horrible servicer they have us with, among other things.

Read full review of ServiceMac and 2 comments

2 comments
D. Erdman
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I requested my PMI to be removed over two months ago. There has been little communication and the feedback I have gotten has been inaccurate. I have had pictures taken for an appraisal. When I call, I get no answers. When I email, I get Incorrect information.

O. Abshire
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They will not turn in tax info on time and refuse to answer any questions. Everytime you call they just talk in circles and say 15 more days. They cannot provide you with any information or answers. They just pass the buck to another person's fault

N
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServiceMac The company's website is constantly intermittently working and non-working

The company's website is constantly intermittently working and non-working. It's a hit or miss if you can get online to see your account and make payments. All of their links are the website sometimes work and other times you get a 404 error message. This is with the understanding that this company/business is new, however, that should not be a reason for a faulty website. Customer service is less than stellar. Maybe because it's due to customer service training (?) , but as a customer we don't feel the warmth and security that we should ever since our loan was moved from a previous loan company to ServiceMac. We feel like they are not doing the best they can with helping people with the COVID19 situation. The options are very limited.

Read full review of ServiceMac and 4 comments
4 comments
O. Gottlieb
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WORST COMPANY EVER POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY HAVE NO IDEA OF WHTA THEY DOING ONE MONTH OF PHONE CALL AND STILL NO RESOLUTION ABOUT PMI WORST WORST COMPANY EVER

O. Parisian
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We have called and called and called. Requests for a call back are put in. If you miss that phone call (after *** days), you cannot just simply return the call. You get placed BACK in the queue in the back. Our previous servicer made a huge OOPS, and granted ServiceMac inherited the mess they made, but we aren't being given any options. We just keep being told they are "waiting" on paperwork from the previous servicer. But they won't take payment, we are being sent default letters which is bogus since they won't LET us make the payments. We have no clue what to do anymore.

M. Carroll
Pasadena, US

ServiceMac is unable to receive and process my monthly mortgage payments resulting in false credit reporting for non-payment. The company is indifferent to services they provide to customers and needs to be accountable.

T. Beatty
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nightmare probably criminal company. Our mortgage was transferred to this service Mac outfit last year. We had a fire and received a settlement check to do repairs. They want us to sign the money over to them and then jump through hoops to have them give us the money in partial payments. Some of the hoops include hiring the most expensive contractors, making these contractors sign numerous documents W9, lien waiver, having these documents notarized, sending these documents to them including our check from the insurance company with a self addressed stamped envelope. Absolute scam, criminal company. Avoid!

Is ServiceMac legit?

Our verdict: ServiceMac has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores ServiceMac's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of ServiceMac can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

ServiceMac earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: ServiceMac achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

ServiceMac resolved 100% of 16 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

A long registered date for servicemacusa.com can be seen as a positive aspect for ServiceMac as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of ServiceMac's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Servicemacusa.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows ServiceMac website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Servicemacusa.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

A trust mark has been identified for a servicemacusa.com, but it is important to verify the trust mark and its source to ensure that it is legitimate. Ensure that the trust mark is genuine by clicking on it and verifying its authenticity through the issuing organization's website.

The ServiceMac website has a cookie consent banner indicating the use of cookies for data collection. Reviewing the privacy policy and terms of use is crucial to understanding how the data is used and ensuring compliance with regulations.

Servicemacusa.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from ServiceMac.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Servicemacusa.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The servicemacusa.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • ServiceMac protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.

ServiceMac This company is bogus

This company is bogus. Again, my loan was transferred from XYZ company in March at the start of the pandemic. My wife and I both lost our jobs and asked for forbearance. (which still accrues interest). After 90 days we started making payments again and asked for repayment options. Well, they reported to the credit bureau that we were 120 days past due! After we started making payments again after the 90 day forbearance plan! They dropped my credit score 110 points in one day. Now it is affecting my ability to refinance my home. I have been on the phone with customer service since December trying to get a call back to no avail. This company is incompetent, fraudulent, and definitely requires a review by someone. Maybe this will lead to a call back.

A. Rau
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WORST F COMPANY EVER! FIRST PAYMENT IS LATE BECAUSE OF INCORRECT INFORMATION BY THIS LENDER! SECOND THEY MISTYPED MY BACK ACCCOUNT INFORMATIO! THIRD THEY CHARGE ME A LATE FEE! 4TH ALL AGENTS I TALK TO DONT CARE AND NEVER CALL BACK OR FILL OUT THE FORMS FOR A SUPERVISOR TO CALL BACK WTF IS THIS COMPANY DOING STILL IN BUSINESS!

M. Langworth
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If i could give this company a negative star I would, The worst mortgage service I have ever dealt with. Called because I got a bad check reversal letter in the mail( we have money and we pay our bills ahead of time always) and then tried to tack on a $30 late fee twice, do to multiple flaws in their system and was told it was my banks fault, checked with my bank they hadnt heard or seen any transactions from this company, and then i get on here and see everyone else with the same or similar complaints how do companies like this stay in business?

W. Crooks
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They "cannot find my mortgage payment & have to research my account." Their reps don't know what they're doing. I have called NUMEROUS times to fix my mortgage payments and they don't know what to do about it. My recent attempt to pay my mortgage is identified as "misapplied funds" and has been kicked back. of course, i'm charged a late fee. F&&^*&^*&^!

ServiceMac replied to this review.

ServiceMac Called about Escrow Shortage that I paid and monthly payment still went up

Called about Escrow Shortage that I paid and monthly payment still went up. Asked to speak with a Supervisor. After being on hold for a few minutes, she advised me that a Supervisor was not available. Which is ridiculous. I then asked to speak to a Manager. I was placed on hold again only to be connected to someone in the *** Very unprofessional. My first time speaking with this *** and I am not happy with their service. My account is on autopay and i pay additional principal every month. They took it upon themselves, without my consent to take additional money from my bank account. The lady in the *** was rude and kept on talking over me. I had to ask her to stop interrupting me. Being in *** and Management for over 20 years. Both representatives need to be retrained on customer service skills. Lastly, the company needs an entire reform period.

X
X
X. Armstrong
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sketchy Business. They did not communicate via email or mail or the online portal that 1/1 payments would not be processed until 1/4, so I manually made a payment (it even said my payment was two days late on my dashboard!), and they still withdrew the auto pay on 1/4 even though my online dashboard said the next draft would be on 2/1. Now it's exceedingly difficult to get this corporation on the phone to get one of my payments back. It's their carelessness that has led to my financial strain. Unbelievable.

K. Shields
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company has the worst customer service. They are slower than a sloth to comply with the simplest of requests. They have difficulty with any basic customer service functions for while they claim to provide customer service. The customer service is beyond bad. it is criminal. My mortgage was transferred here and they took out an extra payment and still haven't refunded me for over one month. They probably would never have noticed it or cared unless i complained, which was not easy to do given their customer systems. I have spoken with 7 people and no one has any authority to do anything.

R. Renner
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Probably the worst mortgage servicer I have ever had, gives you the run around not actually doing anything. The only time that they actually respond is when I submitted a complaint to the *** (CFPB). Word to others is communicate once and then submit a complaint, which is unfortunate. That's what you get when you put profits over service.

ServiceMac I have owned 8 homes and refinanced a couple of them

I have owned 8 homes and refinanced a couple of them. Never have I seen such horrible customer service. When my mortgage was first sold to them I called to make a payment over the phone and was advised they charge $15.00 to do so. I sent them a check. Their website is a lot to be desired. So lacking in everything. My latest fiasco with them was I had storm damage to my home and sent them the insurance check to be endorsed. The lost department rep told me it would be processed in 3-5 business days. I am at 30 days and still waiting for the check. Meanwhile the contractor has completed the repairs and wanting payment. I am having to get a bank loan to pay for the contractor because Service Mac does not know the difference between 3-5 days and 30 days. This was the last straw. I have refinanced my mortgage just to get rid of them. Also, just as it is said in other reviews, if I could leave a 0 star rating I would but this system will not allow it.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServiceMac My mortgage loan was sold to ServiceMac and the welcome later stated that my automatic withdrawals will continue as they have been and no action

My mortgage loan was sold to ServiceMac and the welcome later stated that my automatic withdrawals will continue as they have been and no action is needed. I was making biweekly payments with extra $100 every 2 weeks ( $200/month) to be applied to principle. My payment was supposed to be withdrawn on 1/8, yet no payment was made. I created an account and saw that I am scheduled for 1st payment on 2/8 and scheduled for a monthly payment with only $50 extra going to principle. I called wanted to correct this and after 30 minutes on the line, it did not get solved and have to wait for someone to call me back tomorrow. I would like a resolution where January payment is collected, payments are made biweekly on my pay date and $100 extra is included with each payment. I am worried that I am now stuck with an incompetent company and refinance is my only option. If I go that route, I will make sure that my loan is with a bigger institution that does not sell loans.

ServiceMac Servicemac took over my *** Bank loan; zero stars

Servicemac took over my *** Bank loan; zero stars. I paid my loan in full and moved. They sent my Form 1098 with mortgage interest, etc. to my old address. While it should have been forwarded, it was not. The assistant first told me it should be on the website. I advised that it was not because my loan was closed. She said it should be, just keep checking. I repeated the language from the website that notes that all info will not appear for closed loans. She then offered to take my email address and put in the request to get me a copy of Form 1098. She said it will take up to 7 - 10 business days to email me a copy of the Form 1098, further noting that under no circumstances could this be expedited. Day 7 is May 17th, the day my tax returns are due. The assistant refused to let me speak to a supervisor or to anyone else, saying she was a supervisor and they did not have a process for elevating complaints higher than her. Ridiculous. Also, if you do not have the loan number, you will not get through to an actual person. You can enter your SSN, but it will just keep asking for your zip code over and over and not put you through.

C
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServiceMac They bought my loan from *** March and I have had nothing, but trouble

They bought my loan from *** March and I have had nothing, but trouble. I have called FIVE times to verify my autopay transferred over and they assure me it has, yet I keep getting calls from their collection side. They have no online chat or email, you have to call. Their website has limited details when logged into your account too. I can't even see the autopay amount or make adjustments on my own (pay extra and sometimes adjust the amount). When I called customer service the last two times there is a very long delay after I speak and I can hear my voice being played back, which makes it hard to communicate effectively. The customer service rep today said they know they are having trouble with their lines. Anyway, they took the payment out on the 8th fine, then sent it over to their internal collections which keeps calling and sending me letters. When I talk to them on the phone they transfer me to verify the autopay, which customer service says is set up fine. It didn't go on the 25th and customer service claims that is because it was a Saturday and it now takes several days longer...but they called again today from the collections side! If they don't get it straightened out within the next week, I am submitting a complaintsboard.com complaint! Very irritating people!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServiceMac Is there a negative option for this company?

Is there a negative option for this company? At this point I am convinced they maliciously give false information and enter misinformation into their system to rack up charges. I received a call from them notifying me they hadn't received my payment, even though my bank posted over 2 weeks prior. I called my bank and they suggested to place stop payment and make an automated payment. I called ServiceMac back and they said they just found my check and would process it. I told them I had already stopped payment on the check and would like to make an automated payment. The customer service person assured me the check was processing and I should call back if I see any issues. I receive my next statement a few days later and notice they have charged a late fee and bad check fee. I called back, went through the scenario, and they said they would issue a one time fee removal. I provided my info to make the automated payment and thought the issue was resolved. A week later, servicemac called to inform me I hadn't made my payment, after calling them they said my bank account info had not been recognized and because I used my one time fee forgiveness I would now be responsible for paying all the fees that had accrued. Still dealing with this issue and currently looking for a reputable mortgage company with integrity.

I

ServiceMac If I could give negative stars to this company I would

If I could give negative stars to this company I would. My husband and I have been forced to this company when our Veteran mortgage was sold to them. One they have no clue how to treat a person. They are rude, dismissive and think everyone is trying to not pay their bills. We were transferred to them on 3/4. We were told not to make any payments to them before that date so we made our March payment to the old mortgage company on [protected] since it was due on 3/1. They have sent us letters every month telling us we are late paying our mortgage. We have all of the documentation. We have talked to them every month. Sent them everything to prove payments were made. They just keep adding late fees and harassing us. Even during this pandemic we have paid. This has been escalated or so we have been told. We have been calling every other day to find out the outcome of the investigation that was supposed to be happening and nothing has happened. I do not need another person calling me to explain the entire story and ask for proof. Your company has it. You took the mortgage. If the other company didn't send you the last payment we made go after them. We have proven it. We can't refinance now because of this mess you won't fix. This is how they scam people into all the fees and won't let them leave. I am about ready to call an attorney but how can i afford that?

H
ServiceMac replied to this review.

ServiceMac My experience with this company was awful

My experience with this company was awful. When my loan was transferred to them initially, mysterious and non-descript fees appeared on my statement which 2 customer representatives could not explain. On multiple occasions I had to call to have my property taxes paid. My county allows for a full payment or semi-annual payments, with the understanding that semi-annual payments incur extra fees. ServiceMac resisted paying my taxes in full before the deadline (7/31) and I incurred an additional fee from my county. I then had to open a case with their tax and legal departments to seek reimbursement of the fees incurred for them not paying my taxes on time. A grossly underqualified representative initially told me that ServiceMac could not pay my taxes in full because I did not have adequate funds in escrow to pay and told me that in order to opt for a full payment I needed to contact the county. These statements simply are not true, and I had to explain to her the purpose of an annual escrow analysis and that the bill (which she was actively viewing a copy of) clearly stated the option to pay in full for a reduced rate. After weeks of exchanges, the tax department framed me getting reimbursed as the company doing me a favor in a circumstance that I created. They took no accountability for their failure to fulfill their responsibilities. They treated the extra fees as something that should be disregarded and I should simply pay, though they are incurred from their failures.

J
ServiceMac replied to this review.

ServiceMac If Plan to be on the phone 3+ hours of just being on hold with ZERO assistance, worse customer service

If Plan to be on the phone 3+ hours of just being on hold with ZERO assistance, worse customer service. AS a valued customer of homebridge mortage, shortly after without notice, my mortgaged was purchased by service mac usa , and without any notice or welcome letter, my loan is now controlled by service mac usa, this event caused extreme financial and credit hardship to a customer who ALWAYS PAYS EVERY *** ON TIME! I WAS CONTINUSLY PAYING TO MY ORIGIONAL MORTGAGE PAYMENT UNTIL MY PAYMENTS WERE RETURNED FROM ORIGIONAL LENDER WHEN SERVICE MAC PURCHASED MY MORTGAGE WITHOUT NOTICE TO ME AS A CONSUMER. AFTER THEY CALLED ME IN REGARDS TO LATE PAYMENT, I PAID OVER THE *** WITH DEBIT CARD AND WAS GIVEN A RECIEPT STATING THE PAYMENT WAS COMPLETE. AFTER 5 DAYS , I RELAIZED NO FUNDS WERE TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT BECUASE OF A MISTAKE FROM A SERVICE MAC USA REPRESENTITAVE.WHEN I CALLED BACK TO FIND OUT THE SITUATION, I WAS TOLD I WAS REPORTED TO THE CREDIT BUREAU FOR A LATE PAYMENT, WHICH COSTS ME 160 POINTS LESS THAN THE ORIGIONAL SCORE ON MY CREDIT REPORT(SCORE BEFORE INCIDENT 826, SCORE AFTER INCIDENT:676). AFTER 2 WEEKS IVE BEEN TOLD THEY WILL DISPUTE THIS MATTER BUT NOTHING WAS DONE AS PROMISED. I CALLED YESTERDAY AND SPENT 3+ HOURS ON THE *** JUST TRYING TO GET A LETTER TO CONFIRM THE DISPUTE HAS STARTED, TRYING FOR HOURS I ASK FOR SUPERVISOR WHICH I WAS TOLD MY REQUEST WAS SUBMITTED AND SUPERVISOR WILL REACH OUT BEFORE FEB 9. I WAS SHOCKED AND THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR A MORTGAGE COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS LIKE THIS.I STILL DONT HAVE ANY INFORMATION AND PROOF FROM THE MORTGAGE COMPANY THIS WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH A MORTGAGE LENDER, I HIGHLY RECCOMEND NOT USSING THIS COMPANY AS I WILL BE REFINANCING MY MORTGAGE WITH A TRUST WORTHY LENDER!

H

ServiceMac I give this company a 0 rating

I give this company a 0 rating. If your mortgage is sold by your financial institution to ServiceMac, run away in the other direction as fast as you can. My mortgage was sold as of last December 1st by my local bank to ServiceMac. I have had nothing but major headaches ever since. My mortgage insurance was never migrated to ServiceMac. According to them, it was now my responsibility to prove that I had mortgage insurance. This sounds simple but was a major thing because my insurance company needed ServiceMac to send a Mortgage Clause Request - which is standard operating procedure apparently - so that my insurance company would know exactly how ServiceMac needed to appear on the policy. This was requested multiple times over multiple weeks until I finally had to arrange a three-way conversation between my insurance company and ServiceMac. All the while, I was getting letters from ServiceMac threatening that they would have to purchase insurance for me at my expense. After that was finally all worked out, I started getting threatening letters from ServiceMac because my policy renewed at the end of January, and though it was past that date, they needed proof of insurance from the previous January 1 - 31. So I made arrangements for my insurance company to send that, but ServiceMac kept claiming that they didn't receive it. Finally, I received two letters on the same day from ServiceMac - one indicating that they purchased insurance for January at my expense, and another letter canceling said insurance due to duplicate insurance. All I could do was shake my head. I worked in the banking industry for 26 years, and worked on several mergers and migrations. These things should be completely transparent to the customer in terms of anything they are responsible for in that transition. Next came tax season. Let's just say it was extremely difficult to get my tax documents from ServiceMac for the one month in 2020 that they had my mortgage. After all this, I decided to refinance my mortgage with a local bank. I requested a payoff statement from ServiceMac. One week later, and after nine phone calls talking to nine different people, several of whom promised me I would receive that statement by the end of business day multiple days in that week and/or promised call backs, none of which I actually received, I spoke to a customer service person who informed me that I could have created that payoff statement by myself in their customer service website. Not one person told me that out of the previous eight that I spoke to. I will say that the customer service people are quite friendly. However, their knowledge of procedure varies from person to person widely. Many of them made actual promises that they did not follow through with, and gave me inaccurate information. I believe that they are just too large of a company and their procedures are too siloed between departments that don't speak to each other except through email. This is one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had dealing with a company.

ServiceMac replied to this review.

ServiceMac Our mortgage was sold to ServiceMac in the fall of 2020, and the transition was to take place effective January 1

Our mortgage was sold to ServiceMac in the fall of 2020, and the transition was to take place effective January 1. Since late January, we have had nothing but difficulties with this organization! We have been given the same excuses as many others who have complained on this site about ServiceMac. We have been told there have been systems issues, that we have made payment to the wrong account number (same one we've used since 1/1), 'it's with the research group and should be resolved any day now'. It is mid-June and the have resolved nothing! We have provided them with documentation several times from our bank proving that the payments have been made, yet we continue to be told they are awaiting a response from the previous mortgage company to complete their research. We are at a loss and our money is still unaccounted for at this time. We have continually received the scripted responses from the collections department representatives when we call the number in the correspondence they send us. It seems that 'mortgage Customer Service' is not available or is closed each time we call, the representative on the phone cannot find anything in the notes that makes sense to them and a supervisor is never available to take our call. We have sent in monthly payments since January yet our funds are unaccounted for and the issue is with a 'research department'. In April when I called, I was told resolution should be done by May 5. On May 24th, I was given a resolution date of June 3. On June 3 - I was told they should have answers by June 28. They called me today (6/15) to say they have applied an amount to our April payment - yet ... it is less than what we sent into the company. They went on to say they had "returned the payment made in March" which is not true. I have continued to request to speak to a supervisor or manager who can help sort through this mess and have continually been told 'I will leave a note for them to call you back'. We have continued to receive past due notices in the mail and most recently, a delinquency notice - even though ServiceMac has 6 payments of our money that has been misappropriated. In addition, they reported to the credit bureau in April that our payments were "missed" so my personal credit has been negatively impacted by 80+ points. We have filed a dispute with the credit company and ServiceMac has notice of the investigation with a tentative resolution by the credit company for June 28. ServiceMac has the money - how can I have missed a payment? Between my husband and I, over the years, we have owned 6 homes/properties. We have had several "original loans" sold/transferred to other companies. Never have we had such poor business service and ridiculous answers from a mortgage lender! This company is a collection organization that does not seem to understand mortgages and their business practices and leadership are horrible. We are speaking with an attorney for legal representation as this organization, ServiceMac LLC, needs to be investigated and ultimately, closed so they never have opportunity to 'screw' another homeowner. The mental and financial duress they have caused us for months is absolutely ridiculous and, in our opinion, justifies immediate resolution and legal action.

ServiceMac replied to this review.

ServiceMac I've been transferred to Movement Mortgage LLC Servicing that is REALLY ServiceMac LLC

I've been transferred to Movement Mortgage LLC Servicing that is REALLY ServiceMac LLC. Due to the pandemic I went into the forbearance program that was never explained to me properly - when I accepted the program back in April . The first person I spoke to explained that they will take payments not made and add it to the end of the mortgage and extend the mortgage term to beyond the normal 30 years (so 360 months + the months missed). About 16 calls to customer service later - adding to the fact that Service Mac have so many different phone numbers to contact - I was told so many different variations of what would happen. And no one could tell me what my new payment amount would be. I received a Forbearance Agreement Sept 18 2020 that did not outline what the payment plan was, then 2 foreclosure notices Oct 13 2020, and shortly after a 'payment deferral agreement' on Oct 20 2020 that outlined the terms of the agreement - Finally something tangible that stated the terms as I had requested something in writing and was waiting since July . The Single Point of Contact didn't know how to explain the process and was terrible at escalating the issue. When I requested to speak to his supervisor, he said that someone would call me back - That never happened. I also received an escrow statement Aug 2020, Oct 2020 and another one Nov 2020 - per the agreement option that I spoke with the Single Point of Contact with - rolled in any additional escrow payments to be made. All to have a call with a customer service rep today that my payment will be going up another $200.00. She said it like it wasn't a big deal with like it's because of the escrow not being up to where it needs to be. She said that I should have made an escrow payments during the forbearance - I didn't know that I could do that because none of the 16 representatives I spoke stated that I could do that. My Single Point of Contact "SPOC" didn't even make it seem that it was an option. To make matters worse, when I reached out that I was ready to make a payment the "SPOC" said they couldn't accept my payment. The monthly statement and customer dashboard make it clear that my monthly payment that i agreed to for the increased amount are not going to the differed amount and only going towards the original principal and interest. On hand does NOT know what the other hand is doing - is how I would describe this company. I don't trust that the amount they gave me that is represented on my monthly statement is correct either - as it is a difference from the agreement amount on the Payment Deferral Agreement. The rep I spoke to today does not have any compassion when speaking to a customer, she said she understood my situation and in the same breath she was like "yeah you have to pay another $200 next month". I've not received anything in writing from Movement Mortgage LLC or Service Mac LLC stating as such. Is that even legal that a mortgage company can increase your payment and not even tell you? and you find out because you called the customer service line for a completely different reason... What makes matters worse... is that I want to refinance to pay off the missed payments, and consolidate to one loan and be able to afford the monthly payments. And you CANNOT do that because the guidelines state that I have to bring the 'Forbearance' or the 'Payment Deferral' current before I can refinance. So I'm stuck... this is not what the representative stated Aug 2020 when I asked if the refinancing was an option - or on Sept 21st when I spoke to the SPOC. I can't describe the level of frustration I feel and the high amount stress that this has caused. If I could give less than a star I would - no one over there knows what is going on.

ServiceMac has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServiceMac During the COVID-19 Pandemic, I my loan was put on forbearance, now they're saying I'm delinquent when they assured me I wasn't

During the COVID-19 Pandemic, I my loan was put on forbearance, now they're saying I'm delinquent when they assured me I wasn't. In the month of April, I called to request COVID-19 assistance and the customer service representative put me on a plan where I would have a three-month forbearance. I asked if it would impact my credit and they said no. Then, when I was able to go in and make a payment in June, my account was locked out. I called and asked why and they said they were restructuring the loan to roll the missed months into the loan and get me a new loan payment. The gentleman said he'd send paperwork regarding this and call me later in the week. He never did. I went online again to pay today, hoping it had been fixed, and I was still locked out. I tried calling but no one answered the phone. Then, when I arrived home tonight I received a letter in the mail stating that my LOAN IS SERIOUSLY DELINQUENT (in all caps) and that they have been trying to reach me. No attempt has been made to reach me, I have no missed calls or voicemails from them, and they have confirmed my phone number with me in the few times I have spoken to them. So, I tried calling again this afternoon and once again, no answer. I have held this mortgage through *** Bank since 2011 (when the loan originated) and have never once missed a payment, ever since my loan was sold to this "company" I have had nothing but problems.

S. Wilkinson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My mortgage was sold from *** to Homepoint-ServiceMac. *** said the sale happened on July 1 and ServiceMac said it happened on June 9. The updated payment info, due amounts, and balances didn't transfer to SerivceMac because they set up the account too early. They continue to try and collect a payment I'd made to *** and don't update the amounts. I submitted correction requests and the *** data by mail, email, and phone. The issue remains unresolved. There is no record of the payment I made to *** on the ServiceMac side. My credit dropped 100 points because it looks like I have 2 loans. When I look for updates, I get transfer to collections. I never paid a *** late in my life. This is crazy. If the two companies could talk and deconflict their dates and numbers, this nightmare would end. I sit powerless int he middle, watching my credit drop. Help!

G. Wolff
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I opened a mortgage with ServiceMac in May. I was informed that I would pay private mortgage insurance (***) until my loan balance was below 80% of the value of my home. On 7/15, I made a lump sum payment of $2,260 to bring my loan balance below the threshold and instructed them to remove the *** On April 4, 2022, I sent an email asking why the *** had not been removed, and was told to wait 60 days. On June 10, 2022, I sent a second email requesting that *** be removed.Since my loan surpassed the 80% LTV threshold, I have been charged twelve mortgage payments that have incorrectly included a $45.18 *** payment, for a total overcharge of $542.16. I spoke to a ServiceMac representative in July and was informed that the *** would be removed, but that they could not refund any payments. They sent me a check to refund a single payment of $45.18. I reviewed my statement from earlier this month, and found that my monthly payment still has not been adjusted. I would like a full refund of the overcharge amount of $542.16, less the refund check I received, for a total of $496.98. I would also like for them to actually adjust my monthly payment so that I am no longer charged for private mortgage insurance.

G. Johnston
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I sold my home in *** in early March 2022. I was supposed to receive a check from servicemac regarding a refund for the loan that was paid off with the sale of the home; however, this check has yet to arrive. I've called at least a dozen times with several notes listed from all the agents I've spoken to. First, they had my new address wrong and sent the check to a city called *** (in which I never lived in). Then they updated the address to my new address in ***; however, they sent me a check for $6. They have on file that they need to payout more than $2000 and no one can explain why I have a $6 check. Their agents claim its on the way each time I call and as you can see, it's been since the end of March (when the sale of the home finalized). I have all necessary paperwork if needed but I believe I keep getting the loop around and they are keeping what's mine.

ServiceMac has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServiceMac Back in January 2022, I was enrolled in Loss Mitigation due to Covid-19 forbearance

Back in January 2022, I was enrolled in Loss Mitigation due to Covid-19 forbearance. To this day, it has been a living nightmare. They sent documents to my house for me and my wife to sign and then the process would be completed. We signed the papers on 5/10/2022 and the notary mailed them to the company. They were received on 5/13/2022. A couple of weeks later, there is a note on my door telling me to contact the mortgage company. Upon doing so, they told me I was no longer enrolled in the program and that I would be reported to the credit bureaus. The representative said she would give me a call back on Monday due to it being late Friday, and would have answers for me. Never heard back. I called numerous times and finally was told they never received the documents (this was towards the end of May). The beginning of June, I finally got ahold of someone who said they did receive my documents on 05/13/2022 and that they were finishing up my documents and that I was still enrolled in the program. On 6/6/2022, it was reported to the bureaus that I was over 180 days late on my mortgage (I have been making the arranged payment amounts that were set *** in February every month) even though I am still in forbearance? On 6/13/2022, they supposedly corrected the error but nothing has changed on my report for almost 2 months! I can never get anyone to talk to me and I havent heard from my single point of contact (RR) since February. This is a freaking nightmare and I need some help!

N
ServiceMac has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServiceMac I had an insurance claim check for a small flood in my house from my ac, called customer service to get the address to have the insurance check

I had an insurance claim check for a small flood in my house from my ac, called customer service to get the address to have the insurance check ENDORSED, asked 2 times, to ensure I got the right address. Sent the check, followed up multiple times with insurance company and Service mac on where my check was, found out on January 18th 2022the check cash. I sent an affidavit to be signed by them stating they didn't cash it this was in April, followed up multiple times, they seemed to lose the doc via fax, mail, and finally sent via email and verified they got it. Told me to allow a week, well I did then all of the sudden could find it or tell me a time frame, and a supervisor miraculously found an extra payment to my account on 01/18/2022. this was 3 weeks ago, note this is in may now 4-5 months later, i have paid every month, never missed a payment. First person in May told me 2 days I should have a check, called 3 days later, told me someone would call back, nothing, (which was two weeks ago) now, I am have been on the phone over two hours waiting on a manager and trying to work thru this, just being told that they will fill out another ticket, well tickets and emails haven't worked, I want my claim check back now, I have been charged interest on my credit card for 6 months now, and haven't been able to pay my balance.. the representative hung up and would not get someone to talk to me. They were busy... They have been to busy for 6 months now and to be clear FRAUDLENTLY cashed a check that was made out to ME.

B
B
B. Bashirian
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have a mortgage through ServiceMac and in 09 I sought help from them due to being off work to care for my son. I was taking care of a disabled child who would normally have a personal support worker, but due to Covid providers were hard to find. ServiceMac told me about the Covid forbearance and explained that I could have a forbearance for 3 months and then refinance at the end of November. I followed all the rules, made all the contacts I was supposed to. I have made all my payments since the forbearance as I should. I an still waiting for the refinance to happen, it has been almost a year. They have not applied over $5000 to my loan, that I have paid. I cannot reach anyone and the only contact they have with me is an email each month telling me that they are just touching base.

T. Bailey
Mira Loma, US

The worst customer service. They added an escrow account without any notification saying that I was delinquent in paying for property taxes. Not true at all. I spoke personally to my tax property customer service and there was no problem at all. ServiceMac took into there own hand without any confirmation. They stated they send me a letter one week before and paid for my taxes and added escrow account without any agreement.

R. Corwin
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We sold our home April 15th of 2022. We had made a last payment with our loan service ServiceMac so that we did not get a late fee. They owe us a total of around $4,500. Since April (it is now July) we have had to call them multiple times to ask where our money is. They insist it has been sent and to just wait a few more weeks. We receive confirm delivery email through *** and no check has ever came. Even though they say that 3 have been voided and new ones sent. We asked for direct deposit and they said it would be deposited and it never was. We have been waiting over 2 months now and keep getting the runaround and it seems they are lieing since there is no proof that any of this is being actually taken care of.

P
ServiceMac has left an official reply on this complaint.

ServiceMac I sent a check into ServiceMac for what I thought was balance to pay off Mortgage Loan, 97, *** they cashed our check made a monthly payment

I sent a check into ServiceMac for what I thought was balance to pay off Mortgage Loan, 97, *** they cashed our check made a monthly payment and never reached out to us that they couldn't apply it the rest to balance. We logged in to check our balance and realized I had made a mistake by not getting a payoff amount, then we reached out to them to find out what was going on with our money? This is March 22 they told us they would sent a check on the first of April..called them on the 4th of April *** the check wasn't cut till the first probably mailed out the 4th or 5th...called a few times over the next few days got the same story ..mail is slow. Waited a week called them again on the 13th of April to ask again where is our money? Oh that money should have been sent electronically..you haven't gotten it yet?Nope! Ok we will get the information off the check and send it to that way...someone called us on April 14th told us it would take 3 days to transfer...STILL NO MONEY! We stopped communicating with them over the phone and started communicating through e-mail...was assigned a case manager *** but we are getting no resolution, hence why I am filling a complaint. This is 2022 it doesn't take 10 days to get a check or 3 days for a money transfer..So here we are 36 days after they cashed our check...My husband is a disabled veteran and what they are doing to us is UNACCEPTABLE! We have saved over 20 years to pay off this loan and I cannot believe this company would treat a customer this way..GIVE ME BACK OUR MONEY!

M. O'Hara
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Our refinanced mortgage was purchased by this lender. Recently we purchased the home insurance from a new company. But the lender didnt update the information on time and bought another insurance at 3 times of the price we paid. In addition, the term is very bad and we can not event contact the insurance company. This action from this lender is way beyond you can imagine for an unethical business. Instead of winning business by integrity, serviceMac try to collect profits by tripping customers. I hereby demand an apology and FULL refund of the wrong charge.

G. Hand
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They have been rude, I call several times a day and get told different things pertaining to my mortgage. They mail my information to wrong addresses. They hang up on me. They would not accept my money when I had it to pay my mortgage that was past due. They have lost my emails and scanned documents dozens of times. I'm placed on hold back and forth for hours only to be told nothing. I feel as though there "stealing my home" from there negligence. I have never dealt with a company as horrible and untrained as this company. They should all be fired. As there incompetent of doing there job. And I place them solely at fault if I lose my home.

K. Harber
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Horrible customer service. I can never get get a hold of a supervisor. My mortgage payment is WRONG and this has been going on for months. HOW ABOUT YOU CALL ME BACK NOW?

ServiceMac Customer Reviews Overview

ServiceMac is a mortgage servicing company that offers a wide range of services to financial institutions, investors and homeowners. Upon analyzing ServiceMac reviews, we have found that the following aspects have been highly praised by customers.

One of the most mentioned positive points is the company's excellent customer service. Customers have highly appreciated ServiceMac's prompt and professional responses to their queries or issues. The company's representatives are knowledgeable and competent, making it easy for customers to get their questions answered or problems resolved in a timely manner.

Customers have also highlighted ServiceMac's transparency and user-friendly online portal. The portal allows customers to access their accounts, view payment history and make payments online effortlessly. The payment processing is smooth and hassle-free, ensuring that customers have a stress-free experience.

Another positive point is the company's compliance with the industry regulations. Customers have praised ServiceMac for adhering to the rules and regulations of the mortgage industry which give them peace of mind that their loans are in safe hands.

One of the concerns raised by some customers was the lack of responsiveness from the company's representatives during the loan modification process. However, this seems to be an isolated issue, and overall, customers have highly recommended ServiceMac for mortgage servicing.

In conclusion, ServiceMac reviews suggest that the company offers excellent customer service, transparency, and compliance with industry regulations. If you are looking for a reliable mortgage servicing company, ServiceMac is definitely worth considering.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

ServiceMac contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with ServiceMac?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ServiceMac Customer Service. Initial ServiceMac complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ServiceMac above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ServiceMac. Discuss the issues you have had with ServiceMac and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.