Having problems with CitiMortgage?

+1 800 283 7918 (Customer Service)
+1 800 248 4638 (New Mortgage or Refinance)
+1 866 280 2050 (New Mortgage or Refinance)
+1 866 272 4749 (Assistance)
P.O. Box 6728
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

scam and fraud!

In 7/06 I originated a course of construction loan through a local bank. During the closing of the coc loan...

escrow mismanagement

CitiMortgage just took over ABN AMRO Mtg and has mismanaged my Escrow Account since day one. First I called...

terrible experience!

CitiMortgage messed up my Escrow account and my taxes did not get paid. I found out less than a month before the date the county was scheduled to claim my property. I called and opened a ticket and the money was in my escrow account. I was told the issue would be resolved in 24 hours. I called back a couple of day later, only to find out the ticket was closed and no one knew anything more. So they opened up a new ticket and this time told me there was no way to resolve this quickly. We escalated the ticket, but that didn't help. They told me NOT to go pay the taxes, that they would research it and take care of everything. They said they would call me back; no one ever did.Finally, within days of the county claiming my property, I went and paid the taxes myself. It's been over a month PAST the final due date and no one ever contacted me and I still cannot tell if they did anything at all. I would expect to at least see a credit, a notation, SOMETHING on my account, but I do not.I can't believe how out of hand this got! Now I want to cancel my escrow account and they want to charge me $500! This is ridiculous. I didn't make a mistake. I was told escrow was optional. $500 doesn't sound optional to me.

• Bo
    Bobby Bronze Feb 07, 2008

Bobby sayz dat citimortgage b hangn wit da nostril pickers. they left my sorry ### on hold for 1hr 30 min + and when da did answer da couldnt help a brother. da screwed up my escrow and didnt pay my taxes or insurance, pimp dat ###, mo fo's. doughs mo fo's could not get my statement droped in my box on time either. dat sheetz was shown up da day before it was due. i did a refi wit an estblishment dat meets all my needs and lowered my interest. u people @ da citi are bad......... very.... very bad pimps just tring 2 trip me up and take my deed. u people left in there need to get out, quick, fast n a hurry, sho-a-nuff. Bobby

• Jm
    JM Whitesel Feb 12, 2008

I believe you are entitled after that type of screw up to request that your escrow account be returned to you for processing without a fee. If I were you I would open a claim with the Attorney General's Office and request a cease and desist order under fair debt and collections practices act. Also ask for reimbursment of any and all fees associated with the mistake and demand that the escrow account be placed in your custody. I would also demand an inconvenience fee for the headache and hassle that was associated with this mistake.

JM

• Mr
    Mr. Smith Mar 29, 2008

I purchased a new home back in Oct. The title company paid the 2007 taxes at closing. I recieved an escrow analysis from CitiMortgage, who purchased my loan back in Dec. They have increased my payments $400 a month. They stated that they paid the 2007 taxes out of my escrow but since my 1st payment was in Dec., my escrow was not enough to cover the taxes. I did some research with the county tax office and they have NO record of Citi ever paying anything. Citi should Never have paid ANYTHING since the taxes were already paid back in Oct. I am a little scared since I have been researching complaints with this company and have seen MANY like this. They say they opened an investigation into this and it should be resolved in a week. I just pray that they get this resolved before my payment is increased. With all this paperwork that I have stating that the taxes were already paid, am I cleared from having to pay this extra $400 or should I wait and see what happens and get an attorny if needed? I am a 1st time home buyer an would really like some advice. PLEAS HELP!!

• Da
    David Mar 31, 2008

My wife and I just bought a house at the end of February and still have not made a single payment. Our loan was sold to CitiMortgage and we received an escrow account statement in the mail, not only are they escrowing our home insurance (which they were NOT supposed to do) they claim that our taxes this year are $22, 000 (on a $177, 000 new construction property) and our monthly payments are increasing by $3, 000.

We are currently working through this issue, I hope it gets resolved soon, but after doing some research today my hope is fading.

• Je
    Jesse May 06, 2008

did you ever resolve your issue with citimortgage? They have not paid my property taxes for 8 months, and give me the run around. They always say"you need to wait..." Amount due went up from 229 to 304. They claim to have sent payment but County shows nothing!!! What a nightmare. First American is the third-party involved, but they are not helpfule either. Who can help ?!?!

Any suggestion on dealing with them, tips?

• Se
    sean Sep 11, 2008

I have had my Citimorgage account for a couple of years and yes I have had the same issues with the rate hikes on “taxes”. I called the local tax office and they say the amout they get is around half what Citi claims to be paying out in taxes. I have sent several faxes to Citi with NO response. I wish everyone that has this issue would call the local news stations and show the rest of the public what kind of crap they are pulling. I too had my original mortgage bought out by Citi and the tax problem came up within a couple of months after they took over the loan. Will the BBB help in this issue? I don’t have the money to have my payment raised two time a year.

Any suggestions to help me out of the Citimortgage grip.

Sean

manuel rodriguez Nov 28, 2008

I HAVE MY OWN HORRY STORY, BUT I BET, TOGEATHER WE ARE STRONGER, IF ENOUGHT OF YOU FOLKS CONTACT ME I WILL LOOK INTO A CLASS ACTION SUIT. BUT WHAT I'M MOST INSTRESTED IN IS THAT YOUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED NOW. THEIR WEB SITE GIVES ALL THE INFO THAT THEY DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND OR KNOW EXIST, GO TO CITI MORTGAGE.COM- NEW MEMBER AND FILL OUT THE INFO, YOU WILL THEN ACESS ALL INFO TO YOUR ACCOUNT THAT THEY APPARNLETY DON'T KNOW EXIST. YOU CAN SEE YOUR PAYMENT, HOW IT IS SPREAD OUT, YOUR ESCROW ACCOUNT, YOUR PENATTIES, ETC. STUDY, STUD STUDY THE SIGHT !!! IT DIDN'T TAKE ME BUT A COUPLE OF HOURS AND I FIGURED OUT HOW THEY WORK OR CHARGE ME. I 'M FROM LA. SO IF I CAN- YOU CAN!!! I CALLED DAILY, FOR 3 TO 4 HOURS AFTER UNDERSTANDING THEIR FIGURES AND I DELT WITH THE FACTS FROM THEIR WEB SITE! ASK FOR A MANAGER TO SPEAK TO YOU AFTER YOU HAVE STUDY AND UNDERSTAND THIEIR WEB SITE. I AM A FORTUNATE ONE I HAVE APPROX A $501.00 DOLLARD HOME NOTE BECAUSE OF FOLLOWING INTREST RATES AND DOING THE CORRECT THING AT THE RIGHT TIME. BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T START NOW. CONTACT ME I HAVE SO MUCH MORE INFO. MY EMAIL IS winman_2001 yahoo.com.

• Se
    seasalt Oct 09, 2010

Something needs to be done about this ..
    my daughter and son-inlaw are experieiincing the same issues with citimortgage. This is criminall and the Government needs to investigate. A class action suit something needs to be done and there is strength in numbers.
    please contact me any information you may have or any actions that have been taken against the company
    [email protected]

monthly house payment!

I purchased my home in 2005 and had an adjustable rate. When the rates started to increase I refinanced to have a 30 year fixed rate. When I refinanced I also had them add my impounds for taxes and insurance. My house payment was about $2800.00 per month for everything. The mortgage company reviewed my account and found that there was an error and not enough was added to my impound account so my payment went up to $3597.35. In August my husband called and talked to Christina and she informed him that our last payment of this amount would be December 2007 and at that time my payment for January would go back to normal.

When I received my January statement it still stated that my house payment would be $3597.35. I told my husband to call and find out why we were still paying this amount. He told me that when he called that they are evaluating our account and a new statement would go out in a few days. I waited a week and called and talk to April who is the escrow specialist and she told me that they are still in the process but I still had to pay that amount because nothing would be changed until March of 2008. She also stated that taxes and insurance can always change. I understand that but this had nothing to do with a change in my taxes or insurance this was an error. I also understand that taxes can change every year, but not this much.

I told her that the whole story about the error with the refinancing and we were told our last payment would be December of 2007. She stated that her notes doesn't state that. I also told her that the $3597.35 was killing us financially and because of error that someone made when refinancing our loan. She stated that if I wait until January 20, 2008 that I could possibly have my payment changed then but if I don't pay my house payment by the 30th of January they would report me to the credit bureau and if I don't pay my house payment by the 16th of January I would have to pay a late fee of $124.86 on top of that. She said that there is nothing that they can do.

I have a family to raise and it is my responsibility to pay my house payment every month but I find it unfair that I have to suffer at the hands of an error and the callousness of a company that just doesn't care and they will do whatever they want to do at my expense. It is very disturbing with all that is going on in this country with homes that are in foreclosure, that you would think that this mortgage company would be more preceptive in resolving this matter.

All I would like to do is have an immediate resolution and not have to wait on a company to figure out what they are doing. I shouldn't have to suffer for another 3 months. I also think that the answer "there is nothing I can do" is good enough and all I requesting is facts. I have been paying my mortgage payment every month and I have not been reported to the credit bureau due to non payment. Since I feel that I am in good standing I shouldn't be treated in this fashion.

Any immediate assistance would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,

Caren Miller
[protected]

• Updated by Rhonda J Sagraves · Feb 25, 2020

Need Mortgage Interest Statement for filing income tax.

• Ri
    Ripely Feb 11, 2019

Unresponsive!!! I faxed exactly what they wanted 21 days ago. Crickets. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I will cancel my Citibank credit card as I do not want to do business with terrible company. I will stick with American Express and Chase for my credit cards, but this case is regarding an overpayment on a mortgage pay off from my deceased parents.

• Rh
    Rhonda J Sagraves Mar 02, 2020

I am needing my interest for taxes to file.
    Rhonda Sagraves
    315 South Urbana Street
    South Vienna Ohio 45369
    My loan is being handled now by GC Services L.P.
    CITICR 4581588 4738377 057

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices