Citifinancial Retail Services / Not receiving payments

Orange Park, FL, United States Review updated:
I have been paying my CitiFinancial account for sometime now. In the last 3 months I have mailed my payments to them in their attached envelope and twice out of the three months they call me and tell me my payment has never been received so there will be a late charge and everytime the payment is not paid they add on a $2.00 fee. Both times I have had to pay to stop payments on the original checks. I don't know what they do with their mail when they receive it but it is NOT getting credited to my account. This is very frustrating to have this happen time and time again. I called and talked to a manager, Amanda, and was told there was nothing that could be done. She told me to call the Post Office and check with them. OF COURSE, the Post Office is going to know exactly where my piece of mail is!!!!!!!!! She claims it is not their fault that the payment is not getting to the right place so there will be fees. I told her it is not my fault either as I sent the check out on the 2nd of Feb. and it was not due until the 12th. of Feb but that doesn't matter. I am still be punished because they did not receive the check or have lost it somewhere in their office. I closed my account with them today because of all of this frustration and will never do business with Rooms To Go again as long as they have Citifinancial accepting their loans.

Comments

J
  17th of Jul, 2008
Patricia,

What you are referring to--CitiFinancial holding your payments and claiming that you are late and then hitting you with default interest rates and late fees is not new in the Credit Industry.

We are in a Depression and the Credit Industry is pulling every move they can to get as much money out of the average credit consumer as they can--regardless of the means--legal or illegal.

Providian of San Francisco was prosecuted and found guilty of holding consumer credit card payments for 2-3 weeks in order to enure that there was a late fee and a HUGE default interest rate fee hike to their customers. I unfortunately was affected by the scandel as I lived in SF at the time and had a Providian card as well.

You are being defrauded by CitiBank/CitiFinancial--I would call an attorney.

Peace,
Hobo
Ch
  23rd of Jun, 2010
Its not just checks that they are delaying. I have automatic payments scheduled through my bank on the 1st of the month. My account isnt due tillthe 6th. They claim they arent getting the payments despite my bank clearing the payment on the 1st. This is a sleazy corporation and I pray they go bankrupt.

CitiFinancial Servicing Logo CitiFinancial Servicing