CitiFinancial / Fraud and cheating

Citi Financial Retail Services
I am a customer of Rooms-to-Go and Citi Financial. On 8-13-06 I purchased items from Rooms-to-Go totaling $1534.93 which was not due until 1-14-08. On 9-23-06 I purchased items for $2216.96 not due until 4-14-08. On 1-13-07 I purchased items for $639.97 not due until 1-14-09. Total due as of 4/2008 was $3751.89, plus two months of interest and fees of about $117.00 equal a grand total of $3868.89.

In March of 2008 I sent a Cashiers Check to Citi Financial attempting to pay the entire amount of $3868.89 off and in full. The check that I mailed was for $4392.00, which left $523.11 to be applied to the amount not owed until [protected]. This should have left an amount around $116.86 which would not be due until January of 2009 in accordance with their promotion.

Instead of applying payment to all amounts owed for the 2008 charges Citi Financial took it upon themselves to apply only part of all but about $1.70 of what was due for 2008 and all but about $95.81 of what was due in 2009.

Further, Citi Financial raised my APR to 263.16% and 277.83% for the two 2008 balances which is completely unethical.

I have attempted to correct this error that Citi Financial employees have admitted is an error on the behalf of Citi Financial. The employees state they cannot help me and constantly refer me to another person. After six attempts I am being told that I have to give Citi permission to fix their mistake. I am told that I should have caught their error four months ago and called then, and "Now it is too late." I am told if I don't agree I can file a complaint, but they will not refer me to an address or telephone number to file the complaint. They told me I can send a fax letter telling my story but will not allow me to follow up on the fax.

March 2008 total due minus what was due starting January 2009 was around $3868.89. In March 2008 I paid Citi Financial $4392.00, leaving a balance of $116.86 which should still be covered under their "NO Interest/NO Payment" Plan until January 2009.

CitiFinancial Servicing Logo CitiFinancial Servicing