Having problems with Cenlar?

Cenlar Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 223 6527 (Customer Service)
+1 866 768 7354 (Mortrage Assistance)
425 Phillips Blvd
Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cenlar Customer Service. Initial Cenlar complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cenlar above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cenlar. Discuss the issues you have had with Cenlar and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cenlar Complaints & Reviews

CenlarWire transfer

On january 15, 2021 we sent a wire payment of 108k it was rejected because it was not a payoff but a pay down. The money was sent back to our bank 2 weeks later. We then resent this transfer February 8, 2021. As of today Feruary 12, 2021 this wire transfer has yet to be posted. I verified and reverified the information to ensure it was sent to the correct wire account and YET HERE WE ARE AGAIN. Cenlar is ripping people off and has bad business practices and needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Feb 02, 2021

Cenlar — Servicing of a new refinance

Completed a refinance 06/2020 The property is located in a flood zone. I have had flood insurance for over 12...

CenlarPayment processing issues

We completed a home refinance on 12/16/2020 with Movement Mortgage. Chicago Title funded the loan and sent the final loan payoff to Cenlar on 12/18/2020. We received a letter from Cenlar on 12/26/2020, (dated 12/18/2020), indicating there was a shortage on the total loan payment, however the letter did not indicate any details. We called Cenlar and
    spoke to several representatives both from the collections and customer service departments on 12/28 and was informed the payoff amount was short by $513.10. Chicago Title was not notified of this error in payment. We notified Chicago Title and they immediately sent a new wire transfer for the total payoff amount to finalize the loan. Cenlar again rejected the payment. We spoke with more Cenlar representatives on 12/28 and included Chicago Title on a conference call to resolve the issue. It was agreed, that Cenlar would accept the wire transfer, if we, the customer made a telephone payment for the shortage of $513.10, so we did. At this time, we requested to speak with a supervisor and was informed they would put in a request and a supervisor would return our call the next day. On 12/29, Chicago Title was informed that the wire transfer was again rejected. Still no call from Cenlar supervisors. We again called Cenlar and was given all sorts of different answers, again requested to speak with a supervisor and was told one would get back to us
    the next day. We were also told the final payoff amount cannot be accepted with the two different payments (from Chicago Title and from us for $513.10), therefore they were holding the payment and could take up to 10 business days to apply the $513.10 to the account, and then, they could accept the Chicago Title payment (which would bring us into January) because of their processing time. On 12/31, we confirmed the $513.10 has been withdrawn from our bank account and applied to the Cenlar account, however they still
    have not accepted the final loan payoff amount, and still no return call from any supervisor. We have called and spoken with a Cenlar representatives every day between 12/28-12/31 to resolve this and we are still awaiting a resolution. We have made 3 requests to speak to a supervisor and have been told we were in the "phone cue" as a "level 2 complaint" and should be hearing from a supervisor soon. Additionally, we are now getting phone calls
    from Cenlar Collections Department stating we are "late" on our mortgage payment and will be reported to the credit bureau on Jan. 1, 2021 if no payment is made, thereby impacting our credit report/scores. The loan has been funded and the monies are wanting to be taken from Chicago Title, however Cenlar is not accepting the funds, and now we are being negatively impacted by their faulty processing system.

CenlarUnauthorized transaction on my account

I refinanced my loan with Owning June 2020
      They sold to Cenlar August 2020 I started paying Cenlar
      Aug
      Sept
      Oct
      Nov
      Dec
      Dec 14, 2020 I received a letter from Cenlar stating I was 2 mos past due!
      I called Cenlar they said I requested a refund on 11/25/2020 3 weeks after I paid Nov. Is this even possible?
      When i paid Dec they posted to Dec, now Dec is due Dec 14, 2020?
      I have no check refund, I had to pay twice in De I have no answers to who authorized this transaction. I emailed, faxed, mailed and left messages for Cenlar do no reply. I filed a complaint with BBB this is unacceptable?

Dec 05, 2020

Cenlar — Mortgage

My mortgage loan number is [protected]. I uploaded insurance information to Cenlar at www.my coverage info.com...

CenlarCustomer service, mortgage

Ms. Coats needs to be "re-trained".
        I have never, EVER dealt with a more rude, unhelpful, nasty person in my entire life.
        After waiting on hold for over 25 minutes (and being forced to listen to that horrible classical pain music),
        I finally got connect to Ms. Coats, asked my question and she promptly hung up on me.
        Customer Service? NOT!!!

CenlarMortgage assumption application/release of liability

On Oct 19th I emailed Cenlar's form for release of liability executed by all parties to: [protected]@loanadministration.com and received an automated email response with the time frame for response. I have made six follow up phone calls to Cenlar customer service to inquire as to the status of the application. I received an email response from Kristian Ducot with Cenlar customer service on Nov 6th stating she would follow up with me by phone or email on Monday, Nov 9th. I have called Ms. Ducot 6 times in the last 7 days and left a voice mail message to please call.
          Nov 13th @ 5:28pm, Kimberley with Cenlar advised that a supervisor would be calling me. It is now a new day and still no phone call or email from Cenlar.

CenlarCustomer service, refuses to provide a monthly mortgage statement

10 calls and counting, requesting a monthly mortgage statement from cenlar ad they continue to lie to me put me on hold for more than 2 hrs and 30 minutes before someone picks up the phone and at times the call just hangs up. When I do get to talk to someone, they assure me that the statement can be sent via email to find out later on that it is against their policy. Cease and desist order was placed on the account for no reason whatsoever, had to jump thru several loops to have it removed by writing letter and have it faxed. Did that but somehow for reasons unknown to me, they keep on deflecting, going on a month now. I've spoken to numerous customer service rep, always showing empathy, but it's really a tactic to get me off the phone and wait 48 hours before I call again since the "email" that was supposed to be sent had not been received. It is stressful and i'm sick of them lying to be to my face

CenlarFailure to report closed account

This is the worst company I ever had to deal with. After paying off a home loan this company continues to fail to report it to any of the credit bureaus. I've contacted them numerous times and and constantly promised it will be reported. However they continue to fail to do so. You know that if I was late or not paying this would be reported right away. This is the absolute most dysfunctional company I have ever encountered. Do not do business with this crumby company!

CenlarMortgage payment

We went to make our mortgage payment for the month of September to find out that our loan has been bought out from someone else. We never received a letter or any other notices of this change. I tried to call customer service on 9/2/2020 and cannot reach costumer service the recording says that are loan was sold. How do I find out on who has our loan?

Sep 11, 2020

Cenlar — Loan servicing

CENLAR, CEO, ET AL, You have ruined my credit for no cause while I was on fully authorized Government...

CenlarHome loan

My loan was switched from Crescom Bank to Cenlar in May. I called in June to see if automatic payments also transferred. I was told no that I would need to make a payment before June 1 so I did. One June 1 an automatic payment was taken our of our checking account. I let this slide because it showed we would not need to make another payment until August 1. I called to see if I needed to cut off automatic payment until this was resolved but was told it would not automatically be taken out for July because there would not be one due. Guess what, July 1 another payment was taken out. I have called Cenlar several time and been on hold for hours. The poorest customer service I have ever seen I still cannot get a straight answer. Was told it would take 1 day, then 1 week, then under review, and they do not normally reverse payments. I am fed up with them after 3 months. Need help.

CenlarHomeowners insurance escrow payment

I recently sold my home at 194 Stetson Road Brooklyn CT 06234. My property insurance was through USAA. USSA inadvertently sent the Escrow portion to Cenlar in the amount of 1915.54. The check was cashed on 5/19/20. Usaa has contacted Cenlar twice per teleconference with me. Cenlar had no mortgage on the property. I want my money reimbursed to me... I cannot get a hold of anyone. Thank you. Teresa Hendricks [protected]

May 28, 2020

Cenlar — Mortgage

We had a house fire and I had to fight cenlar for 3 years to get money to rebuild the house. They fought hard...

CenlarCan't get payoff info

We've been trying to pay off the remaining small balance of our loan with cenlar and they will not give me the correct payoff amount after two months of calling, and faxing the number they gave me to fax my questions to because the payoff dept. Does not accept calls per their customer service! Each month that it goes unpaid they are tacking on late fees! And, you can not just make a payment on the amount so it's not late because they wont accept it due to the fact they say it's in payoff status. When you call them you can expect to be on hold for hours and passed around to at least 3 to 4 people. I was on hold and passed around just yesterday for 2hours and 48 minutes only to be cute off. Called back and started over only to be passed around again for almost 2 hours and then they said I would get a call back in 24 hours! It's looking like we will have to hire an attorney to help us.

CenlarEscrow Activity

I so hate Cenlar and am pissed at Citi for letting them service my mortgage/escrow.

Last year, I did a refinancing. There was a $633.89 escrow balance transferred over from my old mortgage. It was applied on 1/3/2019 upon closing. On 1/29/2019, there was an 'adjustment' of $749.27.

Nobody at customer care could tell me where it went to. Now, I have always been short with my escrow balance even after I agreed to pay $51 more towards my escrow account since last November. It never happened before the refinancing and when Citi was still servicing me.

I truly believe the shortage is because of the $749.27 removed from my escrow account!

Cenlarescrow

Cenlar had been mismanaging my escrow account. They have claimed my taxes to be nearly 2x what they actually are since August. I provided proof from my town of what my taxes actually where. The matter was considered settled on August, 22, 2019 however I continued to be given shortage notices and given an incorrect statement several times after. I was told by numerous staff my problem would be resolved yet here we are in December and the problem persists I was told it would be handled again but I have no confidence in the company and regardless I think something should be done I've read countless negative reviews on similar problems that other people are having and something needs to be done.

Cenlarhome mortgage

July 2019 a we received a check from cenlar for the amount of our july house payment din e the amount was less than what was due due to increase in escrow! We deposited the check and immediately sent them a check for the correct amount. Several days later we got insufficient funds charges and found out cenlar had put a stop payment on the check we'd deposited from them. Why?? Nobody could explain! Multiple phone calls before they admitted they had gone this and "will let you know". Call after call... Promises to call us back... Nothing. Then check will be "processed" oct 9 but it will be 21 business days. Today is november 8 and nothing... Same story, same promises. We are retired, husband is disable vet, live on ss and 1 pension and no savings! We are using credit cards for groceries. And have had interest charges, insufficient fund charges, late payment charges! Not even a sorry from cenlar, no one cares because it's not them and they're getting their payments. Not one returned call regardless of promises! We're being held hostage!!!

Cenlarrefinancing

I had a rough year and cenlar was my mortgage company. They would talk to me about refinancing I lost my job they would say they sent refinancing package it never came and if it did they would say they lost my package or information. They wouldn't allow me to make my payments they wanted me to foreclose and I did. I lost everything and now they do not have any information about my loan!! They are a fraud company and ruining people lives!!

Cenlarinsurance check

Cenlar has my Insurance claim money. THe are giving us a hard time. They are totally incompetent and rude. I have no choice but to file a Lawsuit against them. I do not think we will ever get our money. I have sent them over 54 pages of documentation. They keep saying they did not get it. iI sent the documentation twice over their upload link, faxed it to them, and then sent it overnight. I have had my 50% inspection and the inspector said it was 80% done. They are supposed to send me half of my check. I will not hold my breathe.