CITGO / Contaminated gas

1 Hayes and CanalClinton Township, MI, United States Review updated:

Purhcased gas for new Chevy, drove short distance and car totally died. Had it towed to dealer, found out contaminated gas caused the problem. NOT covered by insurance so went back and attempted to discuss the issue (with my receipt) with the person in the station whom I had seen before so either Manger or owner. He was hostile and aggressive, verbally abusive but did give me the insurance company name that insurs his station. Bottom line I am out $1112.00 dollars and rental car fees. CITGO insurer, Farm Bureau Insurance, is playing hardball claiming error on my part even though I have purchased gas in the past. Friend at SUNOCO claims that certain gas station owners have long histories of not filtering the gas at the pump and problems with underground storage tanks and using additives to stretch the amount of gas in the underground tank. Small claims court is next. DO NOT purchase gas at this station. Use stations ran and operated by US born citizens ONLY. Thank you.

Comments

• La
      11th of Jul, 2012
    CITGO - cash transaction
    GITGO
    970 E SEMORAN BLVD
    Casselberry
    Florida
    Phone: 4073318800

Today 7/11/12, Time 12:15pm; I decided to go to a new citgo location. I made a cash transaction of $7.00, I took 6 singles dollars bills and 1 dollar in change. I counted the money in front of the cashier. he didn't offer a receipt and being I that I was In a rush I left and ran straight to the pump. it took a while before the pump started pumping gas. while pumping gas I notice the gas started to slow down a little early, and stop at $5.70. So, I walk back inside the store to let the cashier know of the mistake and he started telling me I only gas him $5.70 when I find it crazy that I counted the money right in front of him. he denied I gave him $7.00 while looking over to another guy who was also working with him. now this may not seem like its a big deal, but times are hard and It was my last. I don't like dishonest people especially those who are working in customers service. beware of this locations if paying in cash. please do ask for a receipts. I will be calling to speak with a manager later.

28th of Jun, 2015

Dropped my truck off told me two days
    3 days came, then they told me to get my truck.
    They didnt work on it, I had my truck towed home

• Mk
      28th of Jun, 2015

So your complaint is they refused to work on your truck... AND Why was this???