Circuit City/chase Charge Card / Paying online
Went on to pay bill today - said my password wasn't correct...I requested "Activition Code" and went back in to log on. Message said I needed to call for Internet Assistance. I get a CSR that immediately asks for my SSN. I hesitantly give it to him so he can access my account. He then says he needs to verify my information off of "public records" before he will reset my password so I can pay my bill. I told CSR that I could provide any acct information, I'd given my SSN, verified my address etc. We bantered back and forth and then I said ask me one of your security questions. CSR came back with 4 different previous address and wanted me to pick one! Then he came back and asked about cars I had purchased. WHOA I said...NONE of this is relevant to me paying my bill online today. I asked for Supervisor who also told me that until I verified public information records I will no longer have access to Internet banking.
I reminded supervisor that ANYONE could access Public Information (duh) and that my personal info about the account I registered was what was pertinent. I told them they are forcing me to buy stamps and checks just to pay my bill. He says "pay over the phone then" - my response are you going to credit the phone charge fee then? That would be a NO! I asked him for the corporate Executive Offices address and I will go to the newspaper on this as well. What's really bad is that now I can't access my Chase Mortgage, Charge card or Circuit City to pay because I won't tell them the cars I've purchased over the past 5 years. NEVER again will I have anything to do with this company.
More Circuit City/chase Charge Card Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Circuit City Credit Card - Chase/ Circuit City 
- Circuit City / Element LCD TV - Misleading customer service! 
- Circuit City And Assurant Solutions - Why you shouldn't buy anything from liquidation 
- Circuit City Advantage Protection Plan - They don't honor their extended warranties nor is it hassle free! 
- The Warranty Group / Circuit City Advantage Plan - LACK OF ACTION / PASS THE BUCK 
- Circuit City Stores - Poor service 
- Circuit City - Low cost- not worth the time & frustration
- Circuit City - It is a complete waste of your time 
- Circuitcity.com - Do not believe anything in the why buy from us link
- Circuit City - Return policy nightmare