Lights Of America Logo

Lights Of America

Having problems with Lights Of America?

611 Reyes Dr.
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lights Of America.

Complaints & Reviews

Lights of AmericaModel 8045E-WH

Bought the Lights of America - Model 8045E-WH but failed after month of use. Went and bought new bulbs for it but still didn't work so replaced with a new fixture.

I have emailed [protected]@lightsofamerica.com multiple times with no response, so posting here.

Very disappointed in my purchase and would never buy from Lights of America again. =(

Model 8045E-WH

Lights of America — &5 Year Bulb& lasted 2 hours!

Here is what I wrote to Lights of America regarding a 3-pack of 60W CF Bulbs: I bought one of these 3-pack of...

Lights of America — False LED advertised life

Do not buy Lights of America LED bulbs. They burn out after a small fraction of the stated life. I purchased...

Lights of America — False Advertising Class Action

There are numerous complaints regarding the LED products of LIGHTS OF AMERICA ("LOA"). Recently, the Federal...

Lights of America — Low Quality/Bad Warranty

Description: I purchased six CF floodlamps to replace incadescent floods. One of them failed out of the box...

Lights Of America 7200led - Bn — Defective product

I've replaced all the leds again and put in a 320 ohm resistor in place of the 10 ohm fuse. When i...

Lights of America — Scam and cheating

I purchased a LED under the counter light set consisting of four light 'pucks' each containing 24...

Lights of AmericaLED Flood Light

I purchased a 5w LED Flood Light at Sam's Club a few months ago and after a few weeks it started flickering until it finally stopped working altogether. It appears one of the more than 80 LED's burnt out. Most of the LED products on thier website claim 10, 000 hours of service. This one never came close. Since it was purchased with a large food order I doubt that I still have the receipt so no point in trying to get a replacement. Reading other complaints on the companies products it doesn't appear to be worth the troble or cost to try to get a replacement. Lesson learned; if one LED can disable an entire bulb, the technology just isn't there yet. Save your money.

• Mv
        mvgolden Apr 07, 2009

At Costco you don't need a receipt as they keep track of your purchases through your membership number. Sams Club may work differently but it's worth a try.

• Ar
        arnold_ziffel Jul 08, 2009

I have one of their LED technology bulbs that lasted 5 months, but the package guaranteed two years, with no hour rating. To return the $5.67 bulb for exchange allegedly requires the original package (a blister pack) and I get to pay the postage, which at the parcel post rate is several dollars.

It's my belief that Lights of America is well aware their products don't come close to lasting as long as the warranty period, are ghastly more expensive than an incandescent bulb, and don't save the consumer one darn penny. Neither does it do anything toward reducing landfill waste that will never decompose.

I was going to return this bulb, just to see what kind of handling I received. After thinking on it a while, I think the least cost smartest choice is just don't pick up that brand any more for any lighting need. Both their CFL and LED products have performed miserably for me.

Both Phillips and General Electric light bulbs have delivered faultlessly, and I think I'll just stay with them.

• Ra
        RayC Sep 23, 2009

I purchased several Lights of America Led lights for my outside lights. After about six months all the lights went out. All were returned to Wal Mart. They replaced all six lights, Lights of America said to send them back. It cost too much so I want buy the Leds from Lights of America again. I too think they know of the defect in their LED lights.

• Vi
        Virginia Purchaser Mar 15, 2010

I bought a Lights of America LED floodlight at Ace Hardware and paid 20.99 for it! It lasted about a month before 1/2 of the LEDs went out. The other half went out a month after that. So, 20.99 for a light that lasted 2 months. I am going to try to get my money back from Ace. This company should be reported...

Lights of America — Defective Products

FLUORESCENT CANOPY LIGHT 85 Watt Fluorescent Area Light - 750 watts of light output - 80%* lower operating...

North Jackson