Circuit City / Selling used products!

I purchased a $300 digital camera today from Circuit City, drove home 30 miles from the store, opened the product and it was obvious that I was given an already used camera. I purchased a new camera, not open box. Upon further looking at the camera, I turned it on and low and behold there were pictures on the camera from someone's family Christmas. I drove 30 miles back to the store and demanded a new camera, at which point I was told by the teenager behind the customer service counter that this happens all the time.

Comments

• Th
      14th of Jul, 2007

It is not company policy for Circuit City to resell returned cameras. When returned, it must be removed from the box, and displayed in a case as open box. The box is thrown away, and the accessories are placed in a poly bag. If this is not being done, then report the store to management. There is an 800 number hotline. The customer service counter must give you the number at request.

• En
      2nd of Dec, 2007

I just stood inline in the rain and cold outside the Columbus Ohio store due to a ad that came out in todays paper that they had the Wii game system and after the employees just looking at us for a long time they came out and told us lies they just False Advertising. I am so tried of this it seems like there should be something done about it. I am not a young person my grandchild wanted it. Circuit city better step up to the plate and take care of this.