Cinemark Theatres / better buy dvd!

In regards to Cinemark Tinseltown 17:

My theatre experience is one that will never make a repeat at this location ever again. That said, I begin the tale of the old bag who essentially called me a criminal and a liar.

After handing her my credit card, I was asked for my driver's license. Now, before I go any further, I would just like to state that I find this practice by a company like Cinemark to be damned offensive. When I am told this is "company policy," I know I am being lied to thus also being called a ### if I were to actually believe it. I've had many friends who have within the last few months worked for the company, who have all said that they were never presented a policy of this nature in training or mid-employment.

Promptly within being asked for it, I took my card back and walked to the machine that distributes tickets without the hassle of a person. The machine didn't even work. When I walked up to the counter to tell them that their machine was malfunctioning, I was told I had to be "persistant." They did nothing to provide any customer service with the issue.

After being told that I was wrong for what I know about my credit card policy, after being told that when a credit card is stolen I'm responsible for every purchase on it (c'mon, yeah right!), I walked out. No movie is worth the aggravation that I had to deal with through this woman.

When I got angry and said, "I'm being carded to use my credit card. I don't understand your policy when I could just as easily walk to that machine or buy them from the internet," I was told I wasn't being "carded," that she was asking for my identification. So, not only was I dealing with an idiot for a manager, but I was also being hosted by someone who told me I was wrong several instances where I was, in fact, correct.

I asked her when the policy had gone into effect because I had been there several times in the last few months, I had even been there buying tickets from her without this "company policy." Her response was, "Since we accepted credit cards..." She flat out LIED to me.

I will absolutely never return to this theatre again. Buying a DVD is cheaper anyhow.

Ja

Comments

• Ca
      25th of Dec, 2006

The manager did not lie to you. Your experience may have been less than pleasant, but it is Cinemark policy to require identification for credit card purchases in-house. If you were not asked for ID before, then the employees that let you through were not doing what they were supposed to. I fail to see how providing ID is that much of an inconvenience.

• Di
      4th of Jan, 2007

Agree with the above poster, even if they took it too personally. I am pretty sure I know which employee the poster is talking about. I am a frequent customer and have seen her harassing customers on a repeated basis. From what I can tell she is the kind of person who follows 'company policy' to the letter and if it is different at all she does not have the sense to think for herself on a situation by situation basis.

• Am
      27th of Feb, 2007

Yeah, I also believe that it's not that difficult to just show them ID when they ask for it. It's what, an extra three seconds?

• Yo
      28th of Feb, 2014

Why not show ID? Many establishments ask for identification when dealing with credit card transactions...DERP

• Se
      16th of Mar, 2017

Whoops. I'd only ask if the credit card said "see ID" or if they were purchasing gift cards. Sometimes people wouldn't have their ID on them when the card requested it so I'd tell them "I'm sorry. I have to protect the person who wrote 'see ID' on this card" and wouldn't back down.

• Ca
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Cinemark - drinks refrigerator
    Napa
    cinemark.com

6/9/2018...

Every Time i go to the teather i look at the refrigerator and there are no diet cokes only the regular kind

• Mi
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Cinemark - Beer
    Altoona
    Iowa

So I bought a 20 oz beer for 8$ . I work in restaurant industry and know what 20oz looks like. They didn't fill my cup all the way and assured me it was a 20oz cup when I questioned it. I took my cup home to double check and it only held 12oz to the red line that they assured me was 20. False advertisement. Lying to consumers. Not cool at all.

• Ly
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Cinemark - Synopsis for Movie rated R
    Cypress
    Texas

The synopsis for the movie Blockers did not adequately describe the movie's numerous nudity scenes. My fault that I did not check out other places to find more detail about the movie, but at the same time, Cinemark should have let viewers know about the nude, sex scenes in the movie.

• Ri
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Cinemark - Talking during movie
    Austin
    Texas

These God Dann girls are non stop talking

Please remove these girls in the room

Rampage movie starts at 8 20pm

Row h 10 and 9

• Pj
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Cinemark - security issue , non working cameras while assault in progress. no security intervention

On approx 09/09/17/ my teen daughter was robbed and brutally assaulted in line at Century theater 16 in San Leandro CA . The cameras were non working and no security was involved. I will be seeking legal action against the theater and city of san leandro. I asked for general manager to contact me however to no avail. This is my complaint.

• Va
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Cinemark - Rate mismatch
    El Segundo
    California

I visited cinemark to watch movie. Website was showing $14 but where as theatre counter was charging $15. I had shown the ticket price visible on cinemark app but they were still charging $15. I have used Costco coupon to purchase 3 tickets at the counter. Overall I had to pay extra and disappointed with cinemark which I didn't expect .

23rd of Oct, 2018
    Cinemark - Cinemark 16 in victorville
    Victorville
    California

Full of management and employees who bully you and the customers. I was a precious employee who was constantly harassed and I still hear about current employees getting made fun of or harassed! None of them even know proper hygiene and they do not respect their customers at all. Pathetic movie theater.