Having problems with StubHub?

StubHub Customer Service Contacts

1866 788 2482 (USA & Canada)
1800 770 534 (Australia)
1800 436 0113 (Mexico)
+1 415 222 8400 (International)
+44 800 783 0260 (United Kingdom)
199 Fremont Street, Suite 300, Floor 4
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with StubHub Customer Service. Initial StubHub complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for StubHub above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about StubHub. Discuss the issues you have had with StubHub and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

StubHub Complaints & Reviews

StubhubCanceled Listing Charge

02/23/2021

Cameron Mahr
619.742.6522
[protected]@hotmail.com

I received an email saying my order was canceled and I would still be charged $600.

I am not receiving payment for the tickets and I am being charged. I lost $600 using stubhub rather than covering the cost of the tickets. This policy makes no sense.

I was told by the rep who canceled the sale that the "placement team" would find replacement tickets and this would help avoid the charge. Stubhub is making double by receiving payment for the tickets from the buyer and charging me the same amount.

This policy makes no sense.

Please advise how to reverse this charge

StubhubSelling listed tickets after 3 cancellations/reschedules

I listed tickets for sale on StubHub in January or February of 2020, for a concert, Country Thunder Florida, that was originally scheduled for March 19-21, 2020. The event has subsequently been canceled / re-scheduled 4 times to 3/27-29, 2020, October 16-18, 2020, March 19-21, 2021, and the most recent change to Septemeber 10-12, 2021. In August of 2020, the event sponsor provided for an oppurtunity for ticket holders to receive a refund based upon the uncertainty as to whether this event would ever occur and financial hardships many people experienced as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic. I elected to receive this refund but failed to check to see whether my tickets were still listed on StubHub. I had also listed tickets for this event on another re-sale website (Vivid Seats), and Vivid Seats canceled my listing when the original scheduled concert dates had passed. It came as quite a shock when I was notified by StubHub via email on February 17, 2021, that my tickets had been sold. At this point, I no longer possessed valid tickets for this event. StubHub policy in this situation that the seller may be charged for the full amount of what they would have received, as a result of no longer having the tickets. I spoke to StubHub on 2 occasions this past week to try and resolve an outcome for me that would not make me liable for the full amount of the tickets, due to the circumstances of the Covid 19 pandemic, and that this listing should no longer have been a valid one after 4 re-schedules of 18 months in duration. On both occasions, the StubHub representatives indicated that there was nothing that could be done to reduce my financial loss in this matter. I would be willing to pay some inconvenience/re-stocking fee that would be significantly less than what StubHub indicates that I am liable for. I have no doubt that StubHub will have little to no liability to the buyer of my tickets, and their collection of my monies constitutes a predatory practice in light of the policies of other ticet re-sale companies that cancel ticket listings that are canceled/re-scheduled. As I previously mentioned, I am willing to agree to paying some fee for my oversight of checking to see whether my ticket listing was still valid. Any help with obtaining a resolution will be greatly appreciated. I can be reached by email - bob.[protected]@gmail.com, or phone at [protected].

StubhubTickets Purchased but never loaded into my account.

I had originally purchased 2 tickets and a parking pass to a Steelers game. When they decided no fans would be allowed in the Stands for games, StubHub cancelled my tickets and put the refund into my account as a Coupon. Then a few days before the game I originally purchased the tickets for, it was announced that a few thousand fans would be allowed to attend. So I repurchased tickets to the game and left North Dakota and Drove to Pittsburgh, PA for the game that was scheduled for Sunday October 11, 2020. I noticed that on early Sunday Morning the tickets were still not loaded into my StubHub account. I called their customer service and was told that they were releasing the tickets in batches and were guaranteed to be in my account before the game started. That never happened, I called customer service again and waited on hold for 2 hours until my phone battery died. I never got into the stadium to see the game. When I got back to my vehicle and plugged my phone in to charge, I received an email from StubHub telling me that they could not load my tickets into my account and gave no explanation why. I have been arguing with them for months that I wanted a full refund back onto the card I paid for the tickets with, and they told me the only thing they can do is put a coupon back on my account for the total cost. I informed them that is not acceptable. # days after the game, I was told by a customer service agent that he received permission to refund my money to me, but it would take 90 days to see it back on my card. I called today again to see the status on the refund and was told there was never an approval for the refund and the total amount will be put in a coupon on my account.

StubhubRefund from cancelled journey concert

I have been waiting for 140 days for a refund for the tickets I purchased to the Journey concert. Stub Hub initially told me I would have my refund in 120 days. I called repeatedly and was on the phone approximately an hour each time only to be told that someone would contact me within 24 hours to let me know the status of my refund. I never received a call back which resulted in my calling again to be told the same thing. Presently I am waiting for an email back from Stub Hub that I "will" receive by Monday, October 12 at the latest to let me know the status of my refund. There was a confusion with weather I was getting a refund or a coupon for a future concert. I requested a full refund. I think StubHub is trying to wear me down so I tell them to just give me the coupon. This is so frustrating.

StubhubNot upholding their guarantee

Not only will Stubhub not give a refund for tickets purchase when they advertised their refund policy for cancelled shows they will also not let you sell your tickets to postponed shows. Your only option is to take their 120% credit. Illegal bait and switch and not providing the service you paid for. Can't change your policy after the fact. They did not have any "except for acts of God" clause or anything like that when tickets were purchase, so sorry Stubhub, it's you who are contractually obligated to give refunds and allow people to sell their tickets, despite Covid. Won't ever buy another ticket from Stubhub.

Jul 14, 2020

Stubhub — Baseball tickets never received

Baseball tickets never received for game at Fenway Park between Boston and Toronto scheduled for July 8...

StubhubTicket sales

I purchased two tickets to Milwaukee Brewers opening day. The game has been postponed, but now rescheduled without fans. Stubhub seems to think that an account credit is equivalent to cash or is an acceptable form of a refund. It is not. I paid a premium for these opening day tickets, and based on Stubhub's handling of Covid19 I intend to find a different ticket provider for my future needs so a credit to my account does me no good. I demand a full cash refund of my order.

event: Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee Brewers Tickets (Magnetic Schedule Giveaway)
            Thu, Mar 26 • 1:10 PM at Miller Park, Milwaukee, WI

Name: Bradley Mayer, brad. [protected]@gmail.com

StubhubNon-refund for concerts canceled due to covid - 19

The Kenny Chensey tour stops for Houston & San Antonio, Tx. are not being rescheduled for 2021. It states from Kenny's management team that those tickets holders should receive a full refund. I spent over $409.00 for two tickets from stubhub, you debted my credit card, I expect to get a full refund back to my credit card as soon as possible. If not, you are conducting fraudulent activities and should be prosecuted. Order number [protected].

StubhubRATM tickets

I recently sold tickets on StubHub for re scheduled concert in June of 2021. I thought I would receive payment once the tickets were delivered. Now I find out I have to wait until 5-8 days after the concert to get paid. That means I am out $578.00 for over a year!!! Why would I do this to myself. I do not understand why I have to wait???? This sucks and I am pissed off by it.
                Sincerely, Mikol Forth

Apr 07, 2020

Stubhub — Refund

The event I purchased tickets for was cancelled on the 12th of march. I submitted my request for a refund on...

Mar 29, 2020

Stubhub — Non payment of a sale

I made a sale on March 5, and though I've since changed from PayPal to direct deposit to get paid, since...

Stub Hubmobile concert tickets

Stub Hub locked me out of account after receiving payment. Could not access mobil tickets for concert. Scamed for $549.50 by Stub Hub. I purchased tickets online. They notified me that the tickets were delayed and could not give definite release date. I looked online and posted on their ad for this concert it stated that release date was the day after concert. I disputed charge with credit card company. Stub Hub released the tickets 3 days prior to concert. I undisputed the charge with my credit card company and notified Stub Hub. They were paid one day prior to concert. On the day of the concert Stub Hub locked my account and I could not access the tickets This is fraudulent business practices.

Stubhubticket

Dont use stub hub! I purchased tickets for Louder Than Life (concert). When I arrived at the concert the tickets had already been scanned. So I was sold duplicate tickets from stubhub. I called and received a refund. Then a month later come to find out they took the money back out because stubhub said thier was no proof since somebody else had used them and got into the concert just fine. So since I threw the second pair of tickets that I was forced to purchase at the gate away. StubHub said they have no proof of purchase. So much for fanprotect guarantee and 100 percent refund. Dont use them.

Stubhubtickets

Purchased 5 tickets to el classico for October 2019, one week before my trip from New York to Barcelona the event is to be rescheduled. I am already going there since i cant cancel the entire trip. Stub hubs only response is to try and sell the tickets, which is impossible because they now went down over 50% in value due to scheduling. I just want my money back the event is not happening as scheduled there for should be void.

Stubhuborder id #[protected] tbd at new, york yankees: alcs tickets (home game 1 if necessary)

I placed an order for the Oct.12 game at Yankees Stadium. It was clear stated by Stubhub: "This is a contingent game. If the game is not played, you will automatically receive a full refund, including fees." However, the game was moved to Oct.15. I called in to customer service that my order shouldn't proceed if the date has changed. However the Stubhub rep said there is nothing they can do. I have 2 options, transfer my tickets to another friend (I don't live in NYC, therefore I don't have friend to transfer) or re-sale them on Stubhub. I got no choice to re-sale them. My initial ticket price was $180+ each, the suggested price when I tried to re-sale was only $125+-. I originally spent $677.50 and end up getting back $306 (Order #[protected]). I felt totally ripped off. My order should NOT place since the date has change. I would like a full refund back. Thanks!

Herman Ng
                        C: [protected]
                        [protected]@yahoo.com
                        Toronto, Canada

Stubhubtickets to van morrison in reno

So i pay over 500 dollars for Van Morrison concert in Reno on the 2nd of October. Tickets are purchased in April.
                          Fly to Reno. Get to the concert and wow, one seat is a handicap place... no seat... nosebleed section.
                          The people at the Grand Sierra Resort Theater get my hubby a chair to sit on.
                          Then 3 other couples show up with tickets for the same 2 seats.
                          We are interrupted 3 times to xheck our tickets. Finally they tell us we have to go to the office.
                          They tell us there are 3 other couples with exactly the same tickets.
                          So they kick us all out, not knowing who is the legitimate buyer.
                          Had to purchase new tickets from the grand Sierra resort theater. Missed a third of the concert.
                          StubHub is no help. They say multiple tickets not sold.
                          I just read i should have called StubHub when we were booted but who the heck would know that.
                          Do NOT buy tickets on StubHub.
                          They arw non reputable and non responsive if you are ripped off.

Aug 31, 2019

Stubhub — ticket sale fees

Our email sent to Stub Hub Customer Service followed by their response. Hi, We listed tickets on your site...

Stubhubticket price gouging

I have been a StubHub customer for many years. I decided to purchase Barbara Streisand tickets half an hour ago for $139.50 each. As I am CHECKING OUT and PAYING, they raised the price to $200 per ticket. I refreshed the page but the tickets were still priced at $139.50. I called StubHub and was unfortunate enough to receive an extremely rude male employee with a thick eastern European accent who put me on hold for nearly half an hour only to tell me that the ticket seller has the right to raise the ticket prices even if they are mid checkout. Apparently, price gouging is totally legal and acceptable on this site. I sent him a screenshot of the tickets on their site for $139.50. I asked him if it would be OK for him to shop on my site, purchase tickets for one price, and then have me hike them up $100 WHILE he is PAYING for them. He said "No, that would not be OK". Then WHY is it OK for them to do it? How did the conversation end, you ask? HE HUNG UP ON ME AFTER LAUGHING ABOUT IT TO HIS COWORKER ON THE PHONE WITH ME. THAT is StubHub!! BUYER BEWARE, and always surf in incognito mode since STUBHUB is NOT above price gouging and unfair business practices, as well as EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL employees. NEVER shopping with them again!!

ticket price gouging

Stubhubselling concert tickets

I could no longer attend a concert, so I figured I would sell my tickets on StubHub. These are completely valid tickets since I had purchased them through Ticketmaster, I had a receipt and all. Well it sold the day of the concert just 5 hours before it started. The next day I get an email from StubHub saying that the tickets were invalid and that they would be charging me a whopping 925$. That's crazy, that is well more than what the tickets were sold and worth! Anyway I'm still trying to get scan reports but either way it won't matter because if the buyer is a scalper they could have taken the tickets and sold them to multiple people and then the scan report will show that it was used multiple times so this "confirms" that YOU sold them invalid tickets. So then you have to pay that ridiculous price. Truly an awful company to use and work with! No seller protection at all! But they don't care about these issues because they are making an insane profit off of issues like this!

Stubhubattempt to sell ticket

At the last minute on the day of a show, June 28, 2019, I listed tickets for re-sale on stubhub where I originally purchased the tix back in March. When listing the tix I did not recall that the tix were delivered via UPS. I also assumed I would be able to transfer them electronically as the format for listing was not intuitive. The tix sold the next hour. The email stated that there was nothing for me to do and the tix would be delivered in the next hour. Three hours later when I did not receive a confirmation email I reached out to stubhub to inquiry about the transaction. At that time, I was informed that since the tix were delivered UPS there was no way to have them delivered to the seller and I was instructed to cancel the order. The rep assured me that I could go ahead and use the tix and a confirmation email would be sent cancelling the order. Cancellation ##[protected]. At no time does the email notify me nor did the rep notify me that I would be charged another $178.5 above the already $470+ spent on the tix. When I noticed the withdrawal from my bank account, I contacted Stubhub and was basically told to read the fine print, there's no way we can reverse it. I am extremely disappointed that I would was not given notice that a fee was being withdrawn from my bank account or given the option to attempt to meet the seller and provide the tix. The fact that the rep was negligent in providing me sufficient information to make an informed decision and the 2nd rep basically blamed me for not reading the fine print has caused me undue financial hardship, stress and I will never do business again with an unscrupulous company. By the way I was unable find in the extremely lengthy fine print any such support of a 40% penalty fee as the rep claimed. I am filing a complaint to demand the return of my $178.50 as no services were rendered or warranted this fee.

attempt to sell ticket