Menu

reviews & complaints

StubHub Complaints Summary

67 Resolved
284 Unresolved
Our verdict: With StubHub's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for StubHub has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of StubHub. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

StubHub complaints 351

Sort by:

Newest StubHub reviews & complaints

T
1:03 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub Penalty charges for failing to delivered not-yet-received mobile tickets to buyer

I ordered three Lion King tickets on January 24, 2024 for the Feb. 20, 2024 show at Segestrom Center in Costa Mesa, California. StubHub charge $22 fee for each ticket. I tried to sell the tickets on their website but had to cancel the sale because I have not yet received my ticket and could not deliver them to the buyer. On February 17, 2024, StubHub notified me that they charged me $240 as penalty for the cancelled ticket sale.

Now I have been charged $480 for three tickets I have not yet received!

Claimed loss: $240

Desired outcome: Refund

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified StubHub representatives only. If you are affiliated with StubHub, please claim your business to access these details.

L
2:36 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I listed 6 tickets on Stub Hub at 8:02pm 1/7/2024. At 8:12pm on 1/7/2024 I pulled my tickets off/cancelled my listing. At 8:18pm 1/7/2024 I received an email 3 of my tickets had been sold. Not only do I find it ironic that my tickets some how magically sold within 8 minutes when I had them listed elsewhere the full week prior for same price and 0/6 sold...

View 0 more photos
R
3:55 pm EST

StubHub NFL tickets

We bought 6 seats for the Dallas Cowboys I. November. The notice said our tickets were confirmed [protected] $3,375.60

On game day we found out that our transaction was declined and we had to be paid double to get seats. Confirmation [protected] $6,850.50

We called our credit card twice, and the rejection was from stub hub.

We we so stressed that we would even be able to get our family to the game. We came from out of town and had no notice that we had no seats. I will never use stub hub again. A +$3k mistake that was a horrible stressor for using Stub Hub.

Claimed loss: $3,300

Desired outcome: Refund for difference

Is StubHub legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals StubHub as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 19% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, StubHub stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering StubHub should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

StubHub earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: StubHub achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for StubHub. The company provides a physical address, 7 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Stubhub.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows StubHub website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up StubHub and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While StubHub has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 19% of 351 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • StubHub protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to StubHub. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
C
12:38 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub Bait and switch for premium aisle seats

I bought 5 tickets through StubHub and once I paid they were sent via Ticketmaster. I made the decision on these seats and paid a premium because it said "Aisle Seat and seats 1-5" but once I got the tickets immediately after the sale it was seats 3-7. (Not aisle, the seller held 1-2 to sell to someone else at thw "aisle seat" premium. We are talking $30 per seat more for an aisle seat. I have screenshots to prove what I was shown every step of the way. Very misleading. I paid more for these seats because of that feature so this feels like a bait and switch. StubHub offers a sort by aisle, and even when it says that all over the reservation process, that is a lie. Bait and switch, super deceitful. Do not trust what you are seeing on their site is what you get. I can prove it is not.

Desired outcome: The seats I was sold - 1-5 not 3-7

9:17 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 8/30/23 I bought on Stubhub tickets to the Dolphins/Raiders game on 11/19/23 at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Florida. The tickets weren't automatically delivered to me on the day of the game. I called Stubhub and they called the guy selling the tickets and he finally sent me the tickets about 3 hours before the game. This was to late, by the time I got...

L
4:10 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company has ignored several requests to reverse the charge. To: [protected]@stubhub.com Sirs: I am not paying $478.37 service fee. Immediately reverse your charge. The bank has frozen my card and no payments will be made until you reverse the charge. I'm sure you won't have any issue with this. Louis Figueroa Sent from my T-Mobile 5G...

W
8:18 pm EDT

StubHub The tickets I bought were canceled

I bought tickets to Bruce Springsteen in Phili on 8/21/24 (850.00)on StubHub 9/4/23. On 9/8/23 I rec an email from the seller of the tickets saying he did not want to sell his tickets. I called StubHub and they guaranteed me in writing that they would honor the purchase with those tickets or tickets of equal value. On 10/21/23 I received an email from StubHub saying they canceled my transaction and gave me a refund. I don't want a refund...I want my tickets! If they had at least told me on 9/4/23 I would have had an opportunity to buy tickets elsewhere. The tickets have now gone up significantly in price. No one at StubHub will help me...I have even tried emailing the CEO of the company...nothing.

Claimed loss: Tickets now worth over $1000.00

Desired outcome: I would like my tickets or tickets of equal value

R
5:59 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchase 2 tickets to Ed Sheeran in Las Vegas for Sept. 9th 2023 show, paid $798.05 for both tickets. The show was cancelled because of the stage being broke and was reschedule for Oct. 28th 2023. The problem I have is that it was our 49th wedding anniversary, this was my gift to my wife, we had to fly from Nashville, Tn., rent a room, buy food, We are...

8:51 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

#1. 2 dates for the same event on 2 of the 3 days. Specifically, NHRA Nevada Nationals Saturday October 28 2023. Sunday October 29 2023. One option says: NHRA Nevada Nationals 2023 - Saturday The strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway The other says: NHRA Nationals - Saturday Las Vegas Motor Speedway One option says NHRA Nevada Nationals 2023 -...

F
7:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I sold VIP Box seats that include a pass for VIP Parking. The concert and parking tickets are issued separately. They are mobile tickets. On 9/5 the buyer said that I didn't send the parking pass as promised. I immediately submitted a service ticket with the proof that I sent the tickets including the emails that all tickets were transferred immediately...

A
8:29 am EDT

StubHub NFL Tickets

I listed 3 tickets for sale on stub and seat geek. One ticket was purchased through seat geek on the same day before the buyer on stub hub. I have called stub hub numerous times within the three week period and informed the customer service rep I did not have three tickets I only had two tickets left. I was told by several customer service reps from stub hub, "if I did not have the three tickets stub hub is going to charge me the value plus penalties. I had no control over the ticket selling before stub hub made the purchase. I offered to send the other two tickets to the buyer but the customer service rep said all three tickets or no tickets. My order number for that transaction is [protected]

Desired outcome: Fairness

9:30 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Me and 2 of my friends purchased tickets for the beyonce concert in New Orleans on September the 27 for my birthday. Paid over 400$ in fees. We flew to New Orleans from St. Petersburg Florida. 15 minutes before the show starts I received a email advising our transactions was cancelled. We call stub hub over 20 times everyone we talked to was extremely rude...

M
6:43 am EDT

StubHub Bruce Springsteen tickets

Purchased 2 tickets for the show for Albany, NY in March of 2023. Show ended up being postponed until September 19th 2023. Now the show is postponed until sometime in 2024.

I cannot get my money back as the show has not been canceled!

Semantics. These tickets were purchased and nothing has been delivered to the consumer!

Not a good way to do business. I did not just decide I did not want to go and the concert took place! Ridiculous and I would like a full refund.

Desired outcome: Full refund of my purchase StubHub customer support update Order - [protected]

12:55 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased tickets for the Carrie Underwood Concert to be held on September 20th at Resort World in Las Vegas, NV. On the day of concert (9/20), I checked my tickets to ensure everything was signed, sealed and delivered. There was a notification on the mobile ticket which indicated the concert had been postponed. I then drove to Resort World and spoke with...

Read full review of StubHub and 1 comment
K
4:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub Ticket scam and replaced with cheaper tickets with no credit

I purchased and paid for two tickets for my daughter and I to go to see Jelly Roll in the orchestra section for $1053. My credit card was charged that same day but I never received an email verifying my purchase. When I called about not getting the tickets they said that the email address was wrong but that the Seller had "a problem delivering the tickets" and I could have alternative tickets in an entirely different section which were originally half the costs of the ones I paid for. I believe that my tickets were withheld because they could sell them for a greater amount.

Desired outcome: I want my original tickets purchased and paid for in June of this year in the Orchestra Section. I was given Section 10 Row K tickets for the price of Orchestra 3 tickets.

S
10:42 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ISSUE: FRAUDULENT FAKE TAYLOR SWIFT TICKETS, DATA LEAK, AND LACK OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT OR RESOLUTION Stubhub sold me fraudulent concert tickets last week, and somehow my personal info and data was also leaked or compromised. After I bought my tickets (and paid an obscene amount for the tickets, plus, over $500 in stubhub fees alone), I received a whatsapp...

1:07 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good Afternoon, I am writing to file an official complaint against Stubhub for not supplying the tickets I purchased back on 19 July, order number [protected]. On Sunday Sept. 10th my husband called Stubhub to let them know we didn't see our tickets in our account. The representative who answered the phone said back in July your card did not go through. I...

K
11:51 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased tickets on March 26th, 2023, to Cigarettes After Sex in Atlanta GA. for 9/11/23. After waiting 7 months for the tickets, I started making inquiries when i would receive my tickets in early Sept since my family was flying in from Michigan to attend the concert. Still no tickets and conflicting answers from Stubhub when the tickets would be...

10:56 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Tickets to the Pink concert at Charles Schwab Stadium, Omaha NE, USA on 8-21-23 were purchased 3-28-23. I was to receive an email from the seller that contained a link to the tickets. By 4-23-23, this email had not been received so contact was made with StubHub. Response was they would reach out to the seller for the tickets. Contact was made again 5-3-23...

I
3:16 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I sell 3 tickets for 9/23 Ed Sheeran concert. The ticket quantity and seat number did not match between sell listing and buyer's order. The section got changed, i listed section 513, row16, seat 4-6 but somehow the system listing changed section to 1E-5 and seat 7-6. Listing showed section 1E-5, row16, seat 7-6 (2 tickets) vs. Order showed section...

View 0 more photos
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

StubHub contacts