Cigna / Service information

United States Review updated:

Called the Cigna information line concerning the jump in my copay for Testim testosterone cream. After spending 20+ minutes on the phone with Angela - it was determined that if I switch to Androderm - my copay would be 30.12. I called my doctor - GOT AN APPOINTMENT - PAYED THAT CO-PAY and got that script called in. After all this - I show up at the pharmacy - CO-PAY IS STILL 50.00. When I spent ANOTHER 20+ minutes on the phone, it was determined that Angela was either misinformed or incompetent. Now, after almost 14 days - the pharmacist and the CIGNA rep on the phone refused to talk to each other - WTF???!!!??
So, the CIGNA rep told me "Testosterone" was a generic and would be 10.00. When I told the pharmacist - he gave me the NDC number - when I told the number to the CIGNA rep - THEY DIDN'T MATCH!!!
So the pharmacist told me to look up the manufacturer for androgel (the NEW med) or Testim (the OLD med) and get a manufacturer coupon - did this before and the pharmacy told my wife that is only for people WITHOUT insurance - when I relayed that to the pharmacist in front of me - he told me to use ONLY THE MANUFACTUER COUPON.
So, I am back home - on the computer - after ANOTHER WASTED TRIP taking MORE TIME to deal with this circus.
What a joke - what a way to add more layers of garbage - and create more animosity and less service . . . .
So, in a phrase - CIGNA can suck it . . . .
Robb Rogers

Ro
Feb 13, 2015

Comments

22nd of Aug, 2012
    CIGNA - Terrible company to deal with
    Cigna

I have a preexisting condition i am a diabetic an take insulin at night spoke with Cigna insurance company Friday August 17, 2012 said they could not offer me insurance because of that reason.

Can they do that knowing that people need health Insurance?