Cigna / Service information
Called the Cigna information line concerning the jump in my copay for Testim testosterone cream. After spending 20+ minutes on the phone with Angela - it was determined that if I switch to Androderm - my copay would be 30.12. I called my doctor - GOT AN APPOINTMENT - PAYED THAT CO-PAY and got that script called in. After all this - I show up at the pharmacy - CO-PAY IS STILL 50.00. When I spent ANOTHER 20+ minutes on the phone, it was determined that Angela was either misinformed or incompetent. Now, after almost 14 days - the pharmacist and the CIGNA rep on the phone refused to talk to each other - WTF???!!!??
So, the CIGNA rep told me "Testosterone" was a generic and would be 10.00. When I told the pharmacist - he gave me the NDC number - when I told the number to the CIGNA rep - THEY DIDN'T MATCH!!!
So the pharmacist told me to look up the manufacturer for androgel (the NEW med) or Testim (the OLD med) and get a manufacturer coupon - did this before and the pharmacy told my wife that is only for people WITHOUT insurance - when I relayed that to the pharmacist in front of me - he told me to use ONLY THE MANUFACTUER COUPON.
So, I am back home - on the computer - after ANOTHER WASTED TRIP taking MORE TIME to deal with this circus.
What a joke - what a way to add more layers of garbage - and create more animosity and less service . . . .
So, in a phrase - CIGNA can suck it . . . .
More Cigna Complaints & Reviews
- Cigna Healthcare - PHT program 
- Cigna - Rip off company 
- Cigna Healthcare - Termination 
- Cigna Disability - STD Denial 
- Cigna - A company without ethics and care 
- homeland healthcare/cigna - caused us a nsf charge @ bank
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance Company Ltd. - health insurance
- Cigna International - locked fsa account
- Cigna - Everyone is giving me different information 
- Cigna Healthcare - Got full cover, but refused cover