Chrysler Financial / processed my online payment two times

I used the online payment method to pay my car loan on a Saturday only to find out that it was not processed. A representative said that it was going to be late on Monday and I should make a payment now! but I asked what about the first payment" she said that it was not in the system and she did not know what happened" Tue morning two payments came out my bank account so I called Chrysler financial back demanding a refund they gave me the run around for 30 days until the next payment was due. I will never buy Chrysler again.

Va

Comments

• Ke
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I find the people at Chrysler financial rude and unwelling to accept an error on Chrysler's part. It appears the dealership and corporate do not communicate well. Try filing your complaints with the consumer board in your state. That's what I've done and the news is next.

24th of Feb, 2011

My final lease payment was due and I set up an online payment through my checking account to be debited on a specific date. Prior to that date customer svc. at Chry. Financial called asking where my payment was and when I told him I set it up online he said that it wouldn't work because my checks were no good. I told him I got a confirmation number and he said "that's from your financial institution, not Chrysler; it's best if we take care of this today via your debit card" (which is by the way connected to my checking account). I did as he suggested, the payment was debited immediately from my acct., and when I asked if I should go back online to cancel the payment I originally set up he said that wasn't necessary because it wasn't going to go through anyway. I followed his instructions and sure enough 2 payments were deducted! I called them asking for a refund asap, like as quickly as they debited my account they should be able to credit it and I was told that I would have to get my bank to fax them verification that I had sufficient funds in my checking acct. to cover not only BOTH payments to them but also any fees for returned payments! Both payments by the way cleared a week earlier and I definitely had sufficient funds in my acct at that point in time. What business is it of theirs anyway how much $$ I have in my acct; they took one payment too many from me and they owe me. The supervisor was extremely arrogant & condescending! No wonder the American auto industry is a mess with people who (A) have no clue what they're talking about handling payments and (B) their overall attitude. I'll ride a bicycle before I ever deal with Chrysler Financial again!