Chrysler Financial / collection

Me and my husband bought a truck from Chrysler about a year ago. We were told our payment would be due 45 days from the day we bought the truck. When we got our first statement it said our due date was the 7th. All my other bills are due around the same time so I called and asked if there was a grace period. I have another loan through safe credit union and there is a 10 day grace period. I was told there was a grace period. A couple months later I needed to defer a payment because I couldn't pay it that month, I was told I need to pay $150 in late fees to defer the payment. I asked why I was being charged fees because I was paying within the grace period. I was told there is no grace period, and that every day after the due date I was being charged interest. After arguing with them I finally paid the fees so I could defer the payment, and I asked them if I could change my payment due date. They said that once I paid the deferred payment then I could. So I made the next payment and asked to change the due date. I was told I coudln't for another 6 months because I deferred a payment. I was furious because the last person I talked to told me I could. After more arguing, I got nowhere. So I told them that the next 6 payments were going to have to be late, they said ok. Now me and my husband are receiving mutliple calls every day that the payment is late. We have explained the situation to them several times and they keep calling. Then today my Neighbor came over and told me that Chrsyler Financial called her asking about me. This is not a family member or a friend, just a neighbor. This is absolutely crazy. She has no idea how they got her number, I don't even have her number, I only know her on a first name basis. They called her more than once. This out of control. I'm going to talk to a lawyer and the police if I have to. Do NOT buy a car from Chrysler!!!

Comments

• Co
      22nd of Feb, 2011

Chrysler Finanical is the worst I have ever dealt with. You can be 5 days late and the are hounding you from 8:15 am to 9:oo pm. I told them they know where the car is come and get it. They can kiss my [censor] and once they take the car I will bankrupt and they wont see a dime. I am not even a month behind. They are going to make someone go postal on their [censor]. The collector forget that they may loose their job and be in the same boat that we are in. So once again KISS MY [censor] CHRYSLER !!!
    And for all of you that don't know you can fax a cease and assist letter to Chrysler at 888 548-3574 requesting to be contacted by mail only . And by law they can't call anymore.